PDA

View Full Version : "lake worth takeover by PBSO"

05-21-2007, 12:56 PM
First time Ive actually seen it in print.

http://www.news12now.com/news/sheriff_4 ... worth.html (http://www.news12now.com/news/sheriff_4703384___article.html/office_worth.html)

Lake Worth Takeover By PBSO
Cecilia Rodriguez
May 20, 2007 - 11:03PM

Lake Worth is looking into contracting out police services to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. Many cities have made the switch from a city force to the sheriff's office. Recently in the Glades area, the sheriff's office took over Pahokee and Belle Glade, and Mangonia Park soon followed. Lake Worth Businessman John Rinaldi says it's a trend for cities trying save with less money available. Lake Worth is still a small town but it's police department is large, with 91 sworn officers. So the sheriff's office taking over would not be a small task. Locals want to make sure they would be getting the same kind of response time and service with a switch from the city to county department. And some residents are against making a change. Mayor Jeff Clemens says he would only support the switch if the services are the same, and if this move can save the city money in the long run.

05-21-2007, 02:19 PM
This will happen more often as budgets get tighter and tighter for these cities.

05-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Having PBSO take over Lake Worth would be great! If we do take them over; let us bring in our own brass to look over them and do away with theirs. I have heard so many complaints about LWPD's management from their road patrol officers that it ain't funny.

05-21-2007, 07:11 PM
CAN WE PLEASE GET OUR COMPUTERS AND OWN PROBLEMS FIXED FIRST!!!!!

05-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Amen to the last poster. I am with on that brother. BSO is way ahead of us when it comes to these kind of things.

05-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Then the last two posters need to get a job with BSO. They are hiring since we are taking alot of their people up here. The grass is not greener south. You should try it though. We would be glad to rid ourselves of some more complainers and do nothings.

05-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Are we really going to take over Lake Worth? What about our hiring freeze in all including promotions? What about the cars and computer $$$$ being slashed?

05-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Are we really going to take over Lake Worth? What about our hiring freeze in all including promotions? What about the cars and computer $$$$ being slashed?

Jeeze... get ahold of yourself!! There are no more takeovers for a while, the promotion of people will go thru when it is time, the computers and cars will be fine also....

05-24-2007, 02:49 AM
Lake Worth and Greenacres takeovers are imminent. This will happen by years end. You will probably see other interest shortly. You would be surprised what is happening behind the scenes. Good for us I guarantee.

05-24-2007, 03:06 AM
I hear Delray Beach may not be far behind. They have been told by their city council that there will be no pay raises, no new contracts, a raise in their health care contribution, no new cars and a bunch of negative things happening this year. Those guys down there are livid. Can't really blame them. These city and county officials are scaring the public with proposed cuts to Law Enforcement and Fire. These are the last two departments that should be effected.

05-24-2007, 05:23 PM
I hear Delray Beach may not be far behind. They have been told by their city council that there will be no pay raises, no new contracts, a raise in their health care contribution, no new cars and a bunch of negative things happening this year. Those guys down there are livid. Can't really blame them. These city and county officials are scaring the public with proposed cuts to Law Enforcement and Fire. These are the last two departments that should be effected.

The cities aren't giving pay raises, and I've heard from several higher Delray Officials that they like Lake Worth are considering consolidation. I can't see it happening, however anything is possible. I was told Delray Fire Rescue would be the first to go. This article tells a lot about how much cities pay for police and fire. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... -news-palm (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-pcities24may24,0,663772.story?coll=sfla-news-palm)

Somewhere around 80 % of the cities budgets go to police and fire. Someone who was speaking to the Gov said the Gov feels a county wide police and fire are more efficient and a great way to help reduce taxes. I don't know, I guess only time will tell.

06-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Is Lake Worth getting taken over by us in September? That seems to be the latest chatter. Anyone knows?

06-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Please I work in Dist 9 (Royal Palm Beach) and if Lake Worth is taken over please bring the Sgt's from the S.O. over because the ones we brought over I wouldn't **** and that's only because they couldn't make the decision to stop, drop, and roll.

06-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Sorry, all their sergeants and lieutenants are coming. The Lake Worth guys pretty much know what they are doing. And, BTW its sooner than September.

06-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Great more people to have to give cars to more hungry little Pac-Man boys and girsl to gobble up details and not bring any details to our side this might benefit the cities but any long time PBSO member is going to come up short as these new bodies vie to make the $$$ and a name for themselves...oh boy

06-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Think omly about your greedy little self. Don't look beyond your nose to see the benefits. Wah, Why don't you join the O'Hara campaign.

06-18-2007, 12:43 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]Think omly about your self. Don't look beyond your nose to see the benefits. Wah Why don't you join the O campaign
What benefits?!?!?!? I can see details being limited to 18 hours during signups!!!

06-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Details, details..................get a life.

There is more to life then details.

06-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Great more people to have to give cars to more hungry little Pac-Man boys and girsl to gobble up details and not bring any details to our side this might benefit the cities but any long time PBSO member is going to come up short as these new bodies vie to make the $$$ and a name for themselves...oh boy

City of Lake Worth has a lot of details. However the city couldnt fill them all so most dropped them. Their downtown has a lot of details for the bars. So it may not be a bad thing

06-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Instead of dropping them why didn't they forward the details to SO?

06-18-2007, 03:09 PM
OK, lets look on the bright side.....in spite of teh detail issue.....if there is one....We will be GAINING seasoned cops who know how to handle crappy areas. Anyone can work the nice areas...We can always use people who have people skills with the not so desireables.

06-18-2007, 05:24 PM
The cops from lake worth would be great in our agency...It's just some of their managers that I have issues with. I know first hand, I use to work there. We definitely need to send our Captains and some lieutenants to command them if they do decide to come on board. We don't need some of their ranks who spoke so ill of our fine agency to be part of it. They can do us a favor and retire. I'd like to be part of the group that heads to Lake Worth to do the transistioning FTO work when the contract is concrete. It's a great area to work in. You get a little bit of everything.

06-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Absolutely. Alot to do in LW. MS13 are afraid of green.

06-18-2007, 11:14 PM
hope they do come over, lot of the people over there could teach Deputies about police work and how to be a good street cop. Look at any former city cop and for the most part they are head and shoulders above a guy who was hired here first and spent 3 years shagging FARs' in some suburb.

06-19-2007, 12:48 AM
hope they do come over, lot of the people over there could teach Deputies about police work and how to be a good street cop. Look at any former city cop and for the most part they are head and shoulders above a guy who was hired here first and spent 3 years shagging FARs' in some suburb.

ESPECIALLY if they came from some place like LW, Riv Bch or the Glades area

07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Hey folks, can anyone tell me what is going on, maybe someone from former Royal Palm Beach PD, right now, now one is telling us anything. I do know that some of the admin is against this, but the majority of us want it to happen, and the sooner the better. But right now all we get are rumors. Any insight would be appreciated.

07-16-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey folks, can anyone tell me what is going on, maybe someone from former Royal Palm Beach PD, right now, now one is telling us anything. I do know that some of the admin is against this, but the majority of us want it to happen, and the sooner the better. But right now all we get are rumors. Any insight would be appreciated.

I came from Royal Palm PD have many friends at Lake Worth. I can say this, the merger for us was amazing. I was skeptical at first, and everyone made it from Royal Palm. What ever happens to you is a result of the city, not PBSO. Lake worth is accredited, therefore everyone will come over with rank. If you choose to stay in the city, you will keep your seniority and after 2 years, you will have retained your seniority overall in PBSO. Our city opt to keep our communications center, they wanted to keep their traffic division, and a couple other programs. The city dictates what they want to the Sheriff, it's not the Sheriff. Lake Worth is an accredited agency with hiring standards. This never happened to Royal Palm and the Sheriff is very demanding on what level of service that better be provided to a city. He was a chief. None of my encounters with any other PBSO Deputies has resulted in me feeling like the outcast.

After 18 years with Royal Palm, I've been treated so much better here. This agency is amazing and the take home car alone is great. Every Lake Worth Officer I've spoken to is dying for this happen. None of you will be without a job, trust me, the Sheriff needs all of you. As the transition comes closer, the Sheriff will meet with all of you to set the record straight. He did with us, and it helped levitate all the skeptics fears.

With all this being said, you should not be Lake Worth loyal, but loyal to Law Enforcement. It shouldn't matter what color uniform we wear, it's better to have one police department county wide instead of the way it is now. You're going to love this place, as there are many post from Officers from Delray, Boca, West Palm who've come over and talk about how much better our benefits are. I can't speak for every Deputy, however I know everyone I know and I will welcome all LWPD with open arms. Like any place on earth, we have our issues, but overall this place is great. Take care and be safe.

07-16-2007, 02:59 PM
amen: Very well said bro :D

07-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Hey thanks a lot, I'm not the same person who posted under LW Loyal, I'm looking forward to the merger very much. I just wish we could get some straight info. Did you guys at RPB hear anything official ahead of time, or just at the last minute. I'm curious and so are a lot of my co-workers. I know of a few who put thier apps with PBSO on hold, to wait and see what happens with this merger. I know they have a hiring freeze, but if this doesn't happen, I'm sure were going to loose a lot more. Thanks.

07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
We've all had a "Day One" when we started and had no leave time, but have since accumulated leave. What happens with the leave time that we have built up?

07-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, just got a phone call, apparently the SO is in the our station conducting an inventory as I write this. Finally, we get some answers to what most of us hope for. I was told the bosses were only told about this officially about 1400hrs. They're really keeping everyone in the dark. Oh, well, I'm just along for the ride.

07-18-2007, 03:28 PM
We've all had a "Day One" when we started and had no leave time, but have since accumulated leave. What happens with the leave time that we have built up?

We kept everything from Royal Palm. Trust me, it's worth it.

07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Well, just got a phone call, apparently the SO is in the our station conducting an inventory as I write this. Finally, we get some answers to what most of us hope for. I was told the bosses were only told about this officially about 1400hrs. They're really keeping everyone in the dark. Oh, well, I'm just along for the ride.

See some of the info on here is true

07-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Will this affect my hiring process with lake worth?

07-18-2007, 08:39 PM
Will this affect my hiring process with lake worth?

How far along are you?

07-18-2007, 11:09 PM
doing my phych and polygraph this week.

07-18-2007, 11:34 PM
doing my phych and polygraph this week.

no you should be fine. By the time this is all said and done, you will have completed all your steps. If you are about to go or in the academy, you will just come here when you're done

07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Nah im already certified. Thanks for the info.

08-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Ny new information folks, I't seems to have died down for the moment. I heard a few dates are out there, but not sure. Our PD is just barely hanging on right now, Morale has never been as low as it is right now, and the Union is in shambles, but were hanging on.

08-04-2007, 11:42 PM
ALTHOUGH PROSALS ARE BEING EXCHANGED ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR ...SORRY

08-05-2007, 12:08 AM
I agree with you. The fanatics just don't realize this. The idea may be revisited in a year or two. I do believe the Fire Department will merge with county freeing up some millions. According to those I talk to, there isn't a majority consensus if the city's Commission were to vote on the PD merger today. There is quite a few of them that aren't reluctant to switch. PBSO isn't going to take up the tab for LW's switch. There isn't even an agreeement with LW's officers contract yet. We are a long ways out. Those that keep giving out dates of the official take over being October 1 st need to really stop the fueling of this rumor. If you know something that we don't know, well back it up with some facts or evidence. Some here cite newspaper articles from Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post. Is that all you got? So a couple of our ranks went to assess things...that doesn't reall mean much. Sorry! Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have LW on board, but start posting some real facts.

08-05-2007, 12:28 AM
I agree with you. The fanatics just don't realize this. The idea may be revisited in a year or two. I do believe the Fire Department will merge with county freeing up some millions. According to those I talk to, there isn't a majority consensus if the city's Commission were to vote on the PD merger today. There is quite a few of them that aren't reluctant to switch. PBSO isn't going to take up the tab for LW's switch. There isn't even an agreeement with LW's officers contract yet. We are a long ways out. Those that keep giving out dates of the official take over being October 1 st need to really stop the fueling of this rumor. If you know something that we don't know, well back it up with some facts or evidence. Some here cite newspaper articles from Sun-Sentinel and Palm Beach Post. Is that all you got? So a couple of our ranks went to assess things...that doesn't reall mean much. Sorry! Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have LW on board, but start posting some real facts.

Once again. The same person who feels the need to post information. The city is not reluctant at all about giving up their Police Department. It would be a majority vote because those who were recently elected are for the idea. I work for Lake Worth and the reason we don't have a contract is because the city has no money to afford us those rights. You need to stop bursting our future. We at Lake Worth want this and want it bad. You claim the Sheriff won't offset the cost for Lake Worth? Boy are you wrong, this would be the first costal city for him to merge with and he has to do it right for others to follow suit. I don't see this happening until after the budget year and like with Royal Palm you guys didn't know about it until it happened. Many of us are joining your union. None of you are on a need to know basis and if you were you would have the information. Stop disrespecting this issue and stop acting like you know anything. County Fire Rescue is taking a huge hit from the tax reform and doesn't feel the can merge services at all. The city knows it has a crime problem and want to be immune from liability and what a better way then to have the Sheriff police our city. Read what the others wrote about Lake Worth and realize we want be a part of what you have. We all know the current system in Palm Beach isn't working and we need a consolidated police force. More resources enable us to effectively fight crime. What we all need to do is shut our mouths and allow the wheels of progress to move forward. It was stated in the paper and in meetings that all of our city leaders are for this so long as they can be assured services will stay the same or increase. Please support us, and don't bash the idea. We don't sit here and bash you, the least you can do is not ruin our chances. Like someone else said, loose lips sink ships. Thanks and stay safe.

08-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Don't belive everything you read on here. Just sit back, relax, and it if happens it happens, no need to get all caught up in this crap you read on here and start arguing with some dude(s) who don't understand logic. I'm sure that if LW is getting close to the merge they will let you know before hand.

08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Geesh, now I wonder. Why would two men of high ranking and presumably professionals lie about such a topic concerning this suspected merger? I am scratching my head off trying to figure this out.

Is it because of a PR campaign?
Is it just to be deceitful?
What do they stand to gain out of covering up this possible merger?

Look, knowing the D/C of Lake Worth. He'll tell it like it is. Sorry if you can't concieve the notion that this may not happen. There are some that post here that are just malcontent.

I am a guy who believes Lake Worth will overcome it's crisis. Nothing's pink and rosey over there as we speak, but with every problem there is a solution. I wish I could have spearheaded the push for unity in that department, but my stature at the time was of lightweight. Some fail to realize respectively this issue is for the people of Lake Worth to decide and it's commissioners. It's a great department with some awesome cops. I'd vouch on that anyday. Some there just let their ego get the best of them. Whoever is from Lake Worth reading this, it's not to late to step up to the plate and show some leadership. Put aside the differences and start working to keep the organization intact. Your uniform isn't green yet.

Now I'll excuse myself. Temptation got the best of me to post here. I never was into the politics of that place to began with.

08-08-2007, 12:21 PM
Certainly you jest, they have eliminated the Deputy CHief in Lake Worth . As of October his postion has been cut away and thank goodness maybe people will finally stay now that he is gone

08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Certainly you jest, they have eliminated the Deputy CHief in Lake Worth . As of October his postion has been cut away and thank goodness maybe people will finally stay now that he is gone

No one is going to stay. The Deputy Chief doesn't know which end is up. If the merger doesn't happen lots of us will be jumping ship. I don't think that will be necessary though. I've spoken to several city officials and thinks are looking up for us.

08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
They fired the Deputy Chief?

08-08-2007, 04:56 PM
They fired the Deputy Chief?

Not sure what happened, but he's gone soon

08-08-2007, 09:38 PM
he was always a problem guess the town finally had enough and got rid of him

08-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Do you guys at LW have to do alot of paperwork when you take a car for forfeiture?

08-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Do you guys at LW have to do alot of paperwork when you take a car for forfeiture?
It's very similar to PBSO's way. Overall I would say about the same. Tow slip denoting hold for forfeiture drop the paperwork off and a copy of the report/pc is sent to the evidence custodian. FHP on the other hand, they have to do the actual forfeiture themselves. The whole process from start until finish is done by them.

08-08-2007, 10:22 PM
It's very similar to PBSO's way. Overall I would say about the same. Tow slip denoting hold for forfeiture drop the paperwork off and a copy of the report/pc is sent to the evidence custodian. FHP on the other hand, they have to do the actual forfeiture themselves. The whole process from start until finish is done by them.

I heard about FHP's process, good thing yours isnt like theirs.

08-10-2007, 03:32 AM

You don't know what your talking about. We do all of the paperwork, affidavits, reports, etc. We don't have a legal dept like PBSO, so it's all up to us and the city attorney.

08-11-2007, 10:34 PM
You sure sound like someone who’s in the sergeant’s list.

:lol:

08-12-2007, 02:23 PM
This is what Lake Worth guys are about now wait till the take over there brass and others will make this agency miserable . Everyone should be deputies and earn our respect before they open their mouths. Ask the PBA and FOP

08-12-2007, 02:51 PM
There is a list of those from LWPD who spoke ill of PBSO. Particulary the ranks. We know who they are. They'll be put in check. Guaranteed. Welcome back to the PBA boys!!! :twisted:

08-12-2007, 04:09 PM
There is a list of those from LWPD who spoke ill of PBSO. Particulary the ranks. We know who they are. They'll be put in check. Guaranteed. Welcome back to the PBA boys!!! :twisted:

Lake Worth has their own forum on LEOAFFAIRS now.

08-12-2007, 06:00 PM
YEE-HAW!!! :D

08-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Anyone hearing anything new, It seems to have died down for right now. I hope we hear something positive soon, this place is going to explode soon with the contract problems and such. The only hope is this merger, I just hope its not too late.

08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Minutes from the Capt. Meeting had the Sheriff saying that the LW proposal saved the city 1.4 million.

it is up to the town now to see if that is worth it for them.

08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Minutes from the Capt. Meeting had the Sheriff saying that the LW proposal saved the city 1.4 million.

it is up to the town now to see if that is worth it for them.

Really, I was expecting more. I guess they aren't going to give the contracts away like Royal Palm. Then again Lake Worth needs a lot more protection and better services then they are getting now. When can we expect to hear from the city?

08-25-2007, 07:38 PM
If that is all they are saving, I don't think it's happening. Take into account next years property tax voting and also gradual cost increase once a merger is completed. Through time, that projected savings will definitely shrink real quick. In other words, to close for comfort. That is just my take. I'd like to see it happen, but will it?

08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
If that is all they are saving, I don't think it's happening. Take into account next years property tax voting and also gradual cost increase once a merger is completed. Through time, that projected savings will definitely shrink real quick. In other words, to close for comfort. That is just my take. I'd like to see it happen, but will it?

We will compare the City of West Palm Beach with their own Police force to Pompano Beach. The reason? Both cities are Similar in demographics and similar in population. To show you the information West Palm Beach even has 10,000 people less in population than Pompano and still cost more for their own PD. To top it off, both are violent cities.
http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFF...
http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/ACSSAFFF...
Pompano PAID 33,116,270 for BSO and they patrol a population of 94892. BSO has 331 sworn Law Enforcement Officers in the city. West Palm Beach pays 48,111,802 and they patrol a population of 86804. West Palm PD has 275 Officers. What is that? Pompano is really getting more for less? You don’t say. Just so everyone knows Hollywood has a population of 138412 and they have 333 Police Officers. It’s kind of scary knowing that BSO has more officers per population than Hollywood with more population. Again this information is provided by the city not BSO. BSO can’t hide the amount of contract positions to the city. See link for Pompano Budget:
http://www.mypompanobeach.org/directory ... rvices.pdf (http://www.mypompanobeach.org/directory/budget/budgetbook/Police%20Services.pdf)

See this link from FDLE. http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cjst/cjap/2006/de...
Also here’s a link to the West Palm Beach city budget. See page 31.
http://www.cityofwpb.com/finance/pdf/FY%20200...
BSO increased BSO’s contract by 1.5 million dollars this year at the beginning of a new 5-year contract. Since 2004 West Palm PD has increased their budget from 40,171,867 to 48,111,802 making an increase of 7,939,935. But its only the Sheriff who raises the cost right?

08-25-2007, 09:13 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. It seems you did your WPPD research.
But isn't this thread about the Lake Worth merger?

08-25-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. It seems you did your WPPD research.
But isn't this thread about the Lake Worth merger?

Sorry. Not a problem, I've done research about this with well over 15 different cities throughout Florida. Here's some Lake Worth information:

http://www.wellvillage.com/PDF/Budget/2 ... Budget.pdf (http://www.wellvillage.com/PDF/Budget/2005-2006%20VOW%20Budget.pdf)

See page 18 on Wellington's budget and look under the section that says expenditures. This breaks down how much the other 6 largest cities pay for public safety and Wellington paid 5,067,705, compared to Lake Worth who paid over 20 million for their police and fire. Wellington’s population is almost 54,000 people.

So I figured I would compare Royal Palm Beach to Lake Worth. According to the US Census Lake Worth's population is 35,485 and RPB is 30,371. Royal Palm who also uses county police and fire paid 5,713,184 for PBSO to police their city and 200,000 for county fire rescue.
http://royalpalmbeachfl.virtualtownhall.net/P ...
As for Lake Worth, they paid 12,527,800 for their own police force that has the same amount of officers as RPB allocates with PBSO. Wow that's more than RPB and Wellington Police and fire together. That's pathetic. To top it off, Lake Worth paid 8,402,800 for their own Fire Department. Lake Worth pays 20,930,600 for public safety.
http://www.lakeworth.org/vertical/Sites/%7B5E ...

Now to be fair, Lake Worth has a lot more problems than Royal Palm. Then why does Royal Palm have over 10 Deputies in their city and Lake Worth goes out with about 6 on Mid-nights?

08-26-2007, 01:28 AM
So I figured I would compare Royal Palm Beach to Lake Worth. According to the US Census Lake Worth's population is 35,485 and RPB is 30,371.

slight problem with those figures....

The census doesnt take into account the rental homes with 3 family/10-15 illegals living in them...

While the census shows lake worth to have 35k.. its probably has at least 5k more illegal residents...

08-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Any news?

08-29-2007, 06:36 PM
According to a well placed "Big-Wig" in the motorpool complex of offices, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ! ! !

08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
According to a well placed "Big-Wig" in the motorpool complex of offices, IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ! ! !

The mechanic supervisor told him so? It's a done deal then! lol :?

08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
It may very well happen if this is the case. The Deputy Chief position is cut. Some of the new cars they purchased is on hold to be striped. And you got motor pool talking about it. Couple of LWPD's higher ranks have apps out. Sounds like a merger taking place. Welcome onboard Lake Worth! 8)

08-30-2007, 07:23 PM
GLAD to have you guys come over ! ! They have a lot of experience. Small City with BiG CITY CRIME ! !

08-31-2007, 05:00 AM
GLAD to have you guys come over ! ! They have a lot of experience. Small City with BiG CITY CRIME ! !

What information are you basing this statement?

09-04-2007, 12:18 AM
Word out of Mohagany row is that Capt RM is leaving training to go to Lake Worth. And, he has already asked if he can take his due boy with him. The two of them are experts at fixing all of the agencys problems. Just ask them and they will tell you so. I'm sure that they will decrease Lake Worths crime rate in some meaningful way!

09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Ok what is the word? Is it 10/1/07 or 1/1/08 for the merger?

09-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Hot of the Press>>>>>

PBSO requested a copy of LWPD building blueprints, which were delivered to them on 09/13. Hmmmmm????

09-16-2007, 02:24 PM
based on above post it would seem like the first of the year for merger.

09-18-2007, 12:10 PM
The higher-ups are saying april 1

09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
....but the city commissioners are saying not just yet...at least that is what I am hearing as a constituient. Someone's not telling the truth here...

09-18-2007, 06:36 PM
....but the city commissioners are saying not just yet...at least that is what I am hearing as a constituient. Someone's not telling the truth here...

There are 5 city comissioners. 3 are a definite yes, 1 definite no, and 1 of the fence. Do the math to figure out the majority.

09-18-2007, 06:41 PM
your counting your chickens way to early very few no anything definite in LW its all rumors . Do your job earn your pay raises and don't worry about these side shows

09-20-2007, 01:26 AM
I am a LW Officer and I enjoy working there. If PBSO does end up with the contract, I would hope that everyone (SO and LW) can be adult enough to accept that the powers that be have made the decision and we have to still provide an invaluable service to the citizens. I know several of you at PBSO and some of you know me. If this happens we all need to cooperate and make this transition an easy one.

The only reason I did not put my name on this is because I dont see anyone else putting thier names to the postings. HOOAH

09-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Lets be honest no one and I mean no one who is posting on this site has any idea when or if this merger will take place. If you were anybody who actually did know you would not be posting here to begin with. When and if it happens, it happens, if it does not happen then things will continue as they are. Just relax.

09-20-2007, 02:58 AM
theyre probably waiting to see what the next round of mandated budget cuts is going to look like from the state's Legislators before making a decision...

09-21-2007, 05:35 AM
LW FOP president (by default) claims to have the power to have the Sheriff come at his mere requet to answer his LW employees conserns[sic]. He claims to know "people" and have "friends" at the SO (god knows he has none at LW) the meeting is Tuesday night at the PBA hall with the Sheriff and all LW employees.

09-21-2007, 05:39 AM
OOPS, that meeting was suppose to be some big secret that staff, administrators and supervisors from LW, were not suppose to know about. Forget that I mentioned it!

09-21-2007, 08:54 AM
So are you guys gett'in taken over or what? :roll:

09-21-2007, 10:16 AM
So are you guys gett'in taken over or what? :roll:

If it happens it won't be a take over. It would be a merger. There is a big difference between both.

09-21-2007, 10:48 AM
What is the difference between a take over and a merger?

09-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Merger just sounds more Warm & Fuzzy.

Bottom line is it's the same end result. Everyone I know here at PBSO is welcoming all of you LW officers to the team!

09-21-2007, 03:26 PM
takeover/merger/spiritual assumption/holy conception/-who cares as long as WE all become a more powerful and capable team to face the crime issues in our communities

09-21-2007, 06:16 PM

Sorry fellas, I just had to Google that one!

A merger involves the mutual decision of two companies to combine and become one entity; it can be seen as a decision made by two "equals". The combined business, through structural and operational advantages secured by the merger, can cut costs and increase profits, boosting shareholder values for both groups of shareholders. A typical merger, in other words, involves two relatively equal companies, which combine to become one legal entity with the goal of producing a company that is worth more than the sum of its parts. In a merger of two corporations, the shareholders usually have their shares in the old company exchanged for an equal number of shares in the merged entity. For example, back in 1998, American Automaker, Chrysler Corp. merged with German Automaker, Daimler Benz to form DaimlerChrysler. This has all the makings of a merger of equals as the chairmen in both organizations became joint-leaders in the new organization. The merger was thought to be quite beneficial to both companies as it gave Chrysler an opportunity to reach more European markets and Daimler Benz would gain a greater presense in North America.

A takeover, or acquisition, on the other hand, is characterized by the purchase of a smaller company by a much larger one. This combination of "unequals" can produce the same benefits as a merger, but it does not necessarily have to be a mutual decision. A larger company can initiate a hostile takeover of a smaller firm, which essentially amounts to buying the company in the face of resistance from the smaller company's management. Unlike in a merger, in an acquisition, the acquiring firm usually offers a cash price per share to the target firm's shareholders or the acquiring firm's share's to the shareholders of the target firm according to a specified conversion ratio. Either way, the purchasing company essentially finances the purchase of the target company, buying it outright for its shareholders. An example of an acquisition would be how the Walt Disney Corporation bought Pixar Animation Studios in 2006. In this case, this takeover was friendly, as Pixar's shareholders all approved the decision to be acquired.

09-21-2007, 10:24 PM

Sorry fellas, I just had to Google that one!

A merger involves the mutual decision of two companies to combine and become one entity; it can be seen as a decision made by two "equals". The combined business, through structural and operational advantages secured by the merger, can cut costs and increase profits, boosting shareholder values for both groups of shareholders. A typical merger, in other words, involves two relatively equal companies, which combine to become one legal entity with the goal of producing a company that is worth more than the sum of its parts. In a merger of two corporations, the shareholders usually have their shares in the old company exchanged for an equal number of shares in the merged entity. For example, back in 1998, American Automaker, Chrysler Corp. merged with German Automaker, Daimler Benz to form DaimlerChrysler. This has all the makings of a merger of equals as the chairmen in both organizations became joint-leaders in the new organization. The merger was thought to be quite beneficial to both companies as it gave Chrysler an opportunity to reach more European markets and Daimler Benz would gain a greater presense in North America.

A takeover, or acquisition, on the other hand, is characterized by the purchase of a smaller company by a much larger one. This combination of "unequals" can produce the same benefits as a merger, but it does not necessarily have to be a mutual decision. A larger company can initiate a hostile takeover of a smaller firm, which essentially amounts to buying the company in the face of resistance from the smaller company's management. Unlike in a merger, in an acquisition, the acquiring firm usually offers a cash price per share to the target firm's shareholders or the acquiring firm's share's to the shareholders of the target firm according to a specified conversion ratio. Either way, the purchasing company essentially finances the purchase of the target company, buying it outright for its shareholders. An example of an acquisition would be how the Walt Disney Corporation bought Pixar Animation Studios in 2006. In this case, this takeover was friendly, as Pixar's shareholders all approved the decision to be acquired.

Thank you for clarifying after all there is a difference between both even though the end result is beneficial to all.

09-22-2007, 07:20 PM
I am starting a pool to see how many pages this topic will grow to until the merger either does or does not happen-OFFICIALLY.

I say 20 pages of rumors