PDA

View Full Version : IN DEFENSE OF CORRECTIONS

05-21-2007, 02:45 AM
I have read Mr. O website. Why, I don't know. I guess for the humor it provided. Anyhow, he mentions that PBSO is costing the taxpayers 350 million dollars, to which he responds "for a police dept." Obviously he doesn't know PBSO is also comprised of the Corrections Dept. This is a large department consisitng of many fine men and women who also wear green. I am not here to persuade anyone in terms of pay parity or take home cars to certain ranks in Corrections. I am here to defend the department. This department is a necessity. I read in posts here from people who are not familiar with the workings of this department, but will post comments about something they have no idea. This is the action of a few I know. Those few are not worth response, because of their lack of integrity and knowledge, but I will only say these people would, and could, never do the job of a correction deputy/officer. If they had, they would know what it takes to do the job. I will let you know I am not, nor have I ever been a Correction Deputy. I was offered that job when I first applied to PBSO twenty five years ago. I turned it down knowing I would never want to be caged up with the animals the law enforcement officers arrest and spend little time with. I am a LE DS and proud of it. I am also proud of my fellow brothers and sisters in Corrections. They deserve your thanks and gratitude for jobs well done. Someday the cronic complainers should be required to spend some time in the jails. Then maybe you would know what you have and be greatful for it. Until then, keep complaining. Your posts are humorous.

05-21-2007, 02:56 AM
I think you Corrections Deputies are TOP COPS!!!!

05-21-2007, 03:27 AM
I have to agree with you. I would never want to do Corrections job. I say never speak ill about someone else, unless you are willing to walk a mile in their boots. The men and women of Corrections do a great job. They are always shorthanded and over worked. They deserve our patience and admiration for their difficult jobs. Thanks Corrections

05-23-2007, 11:58 AM
As a former Correction Deputy for PBSO, I worked in that slime for years before I went to LE. I can say that there are many fine people working behind those gray walls. I have been in a riot or two where the LE D/S's did not really want to go in. I understand the fear. Walking into a dorm where 80 "known" criminals are ready to fight anyone who walks in can be a little unnerving. Oh I forgot, you have to leave all your weapons at the front door. I love being LE, but my training in the jails gave me plenty of hand to hand combat.
Be safe and let’s think of GREEN as GREEN. Together we are stronger than apart.

05-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Let's just get one thing straight. They are not CORRECTIONAL deputies. They are DETENTION deputies. We, PBSO, are a jail/detention facility. We do not "CORRECT" anyone; we merely detain them for trial or house them after conviction on minor violations. The State prison systems are CORRECTIONAL facilities.

05-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Let's just get one thing straight. They are not CORRECTIONAL deputies. They are DETENTION deputies. We, PBSO, are a jail/detention facility. We do not "CORRECT" anyone; we merely detain them for trial or house them after conviction on minor violations. The State prison systems are CORRECTIONAL facilities.

What is the Title of the Academy we attended????

05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
I know i sure as heck wouldnt wanna be in there with the scum of the earth......

05-24-2007, 02:46 AM
First, let's get something straight. The Deputies assigned to the jails at PBSO are titled Correction Deputies. You need to get it right "Getitright". Second, you obviously have no idea of what these fellow brothers and sisters have to endure during a typical 8 hour shift. It is something you could never handle.

Ghostrider
05-24-2007, 01:10 PM
amen! ! :!: :!:

05-27-2007, 01:12 AM
My hats off to the Detention Deputies. They have a very tough job. I work the road and appreciate my job. I know there's alot of Detention Deputies who want to work on the road and want my job but are less fortunate. Some come out of the jail and don't make it on the road and are sent right back into that hole. I feel so sorry for them. Bless them, it must be heart breaking. Although I feel like a Detention Deputy when I get my oil changed at the motor pool.

05-27-2007, 03:34 AM
First, let's get something straight. The Deputies assigned to the jails at PBSO are titled Correction Deputies. You need to get it right "Getitright". Second, you obviously have no idea of what these fellow brothers and sisters have to endure during a typical 8 hour shift. It is something you could never handle.

Once again someone is speaking out of their arse. I never slammed them, I never said that they didn't do a good job. I merely pointed out that they don't "correct" prisoners. They "detain" them. Their title of Correctional Deputy is wrong. It should be Detention Deputy. That's all I said. They are still my brothers and sisters. Same pay, same bennies'.

06-03-2007, 04:41 AM

if you want to talk semantics, understand that the state and fed prison systems are not correctional facilities. if criminal behavior was actually corrected, then the recidivism rate on any of the index crimes would be nil.

06-03-2007, 11:05 PM
OK....I have a question......and before I ask it, let me say, its easier to swallow a bitter pill when you know WHY you have to swallow it.......with that....WHY DO WE HAVE TO DO THE PROPERTY STUFF FOR THE JAIL NOW ! ! We dont have enough to do already???

06-05-2007, 05:49 PM
still cant figure out why we have civilians transporting?

06-05-2007, 09:17 PM
still cant figure out why we have civilians transporting?

Beacuse years ago, we had Deputies doing it, rather than being forced to do some work, like their comrades. It was cheaper to use a civilian i guess.

06-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Now there was a certain man of Ramathaim Zophim, of the mountains of Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu,[a] the son of Tohu,[b] the son of Zuph, an Ephraimite. 2 And he had two wives: the name of one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah. Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children. 3 This man went up from his city yearly to worship and sacrifice to the LORD of hosts in Shiloh. Also the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, the priests of the LORD, were there. 4 And whenever the time came for Elkanah to make an offering, he would give portions to Peninnah his wife and to all her sons and daughters. 5 But to Hannah he would give a double portion, for he loved Hannah, although the LORD had closed her womb. 6 And her rival also provoked her severely, to make her miserable, because the LORD had closed her womb. 7 So it was, year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, that she provoked her; therefore she wept and did not eat.