PDA

View Full Version : Retirement

05-21-2007, 02:05 AM
Thank you all for a great 24 years.

I only wish I could share these times with Scott Rakow and John Koppin, two brothers who checked out way to early.

Be safe, and take care.................05/06

05-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Carlos was (is) one of the best and will be missed. He was a great supervisor who was always on top of what was going on in his area. He was also a great officer in his time. He took care of his "troops", stood his ground, and took no sh*t from those way higher in rank than him. Perhaps that is why he wasn't one of the administration's favorites (that is actually a compliment). He was controversial at times because he wasn't like most of the others. He was innovative, funny, smart, and had a great heart - always taking care of perople. He is still all those things, except now he is also retired.

Good for you, Carlos. How smart of you to leave when you thought it was your time to go. Best of luck in your new venture. Enjoy what you worked so hard for. Best wishes for health and happiness and a long life as a retiree - you deserve it.

Call me anytime you need directions. X246, Mr. Knucklehead, is now "06".

05-21-2007, 03:11 AM
Good Luck and Good Health! Enjoy your retirement

05-21-2007, 11:19 AM
carlos is was great working with you and for you, you will be missed

05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Carlos,

Thank you for always trying to do the right thing for your troops. You will always be remembered for that! Stay safe :D

gagme
05-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Good for you, Carlos. You're a good man, and now you get to enjoy your retirement and whatever it is that you've waited so long for. Hopefully we'll see you every now and again at our monthly retirees breakfasts. Contact Vinny Aprile and get on his mailer list if you're interested. Good luck my friend. Freem. :)

05-21-2007, 09:41 PM
Of course I'll go to breakfast with you guys. I allready contacted the little guy and he put me on his little list. I'll be doing lots of traveling for now, so I'll re-contact him upon my return.

Great to hear from you Freem. I learned alot from you and always respected your opinion. Still get the hair cuts from momma? I dont have much need for haircuts these days.

Hockeypuck and knucklehead, thanks for the words.

See ya!

05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
Blue line, whoever you are. Thanks!

05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
GOOD LUCK BILLY

THE ROACH
05-22-2007, 12:42 AM
Just wanted to drop a SHORT note to congratulate you Devo on making

it to your retirement. Enjoy the travelling.

If u can't figure out who this is, I'll give you a hint....

737 Jefferson wants their door back.

05-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Hey CDV,
Will you have an e-mail address so that we can keep in touch with you? Also can you honestly tell us if you will be checking this site regularly to see what the hell is going on at MBPD?

Anyway,
I always thought you were a pain in the ass when you wouldn't allow me as a rookie to QRU I'll advise my signals. Now I know the inherent reponsibilty when it's one of your subordinates. Thanks for teaching us that and keeping the ODMP at our forefront. Have fun traveling and hope to see you on the Argentinian Little League World Series. Just remember to bring a step stool so you can have a clear view of homeplate over the catcher.

Much Love,
Tweedle Dee and Dweedle DUMB

05-22-2007, 01:27 AM
I hate to ruin a good post with this, but I was wondering if Don D will get these same types of accolades when the door finally hits him in the arse?

05-22-2007, 05:57 AM
YES UR RUINING IT. THIS MOMENT BELONG TO GREAT LT RETIRERING AFTER 24YRS. BEST OF LUCK OF LT, IT WAS GREAT WORKING FOR U.

05-22-2007, 06:59 AM
SEE YA....BILLY!!!!!

05-22-2007, 12:22 PM
1- Toby did not retire, I did. That means you can keep the stool. I can see over the little league catchers head. Not by much. (Toby, hi to the Chief).

2-My first basketball coachs' name was Lenny. We called him fat lenny and he meant alot to me. He died years ago and I kept his name alive on the internet by using his name as my screen name,thus
fatlennys@bellsouth.net.

3- I still say everyone should have a back up. Back-ups reduce the need for "CAREER DEVELOPMENT". A witness goes a long way.

4- I will keep up with LEO. It will reduce my Jones for the arena.

5- See ya Billy,tweedle dee and ya sista.

05-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Good times Carlos D nice way to address all the things.. Finally I am back on LEO after I heard that there was finally something worth reading. NOt Rumor Bullshit and cheap shots at people.

Enjoy Retirement brother.

05-23-2007, 12:05 AM
GREAT JOB ! you were/ are super super guy a true professional and a true leader.

Others would do well to emmulate you, I doubt they will beacuse there are busy trying to re invent themselves.

A hypocrite is something no person will accuse you of being.

You can take a long look in the mirror and know the officers of MBPD were and still are proud of having worked for you.

Thanks for making this a family first , a place of employment second.
You can always tell who has an aweful home life by the way the "Superv"

You had to make tough decisions , but when you did it you put this family FIRST your self second.
Thats impressive

Not alot of true leaders left
Fata is one of the last , all these new command staff promotions were the final slap in the face to any logic.

SO our ship will continue to take on sewage water.......... but with leaders like you you gave us hope that we can stay above the water line.

Thanks again for the true Miami Beach Police Family Spirit.
It is lieutenants like you that make us proud to wear the MBPD badge!

05-23-2007, 01:35 AM
well said, par5, well said. i agree with you on everything you said - 100 percent, including the part about Fata. He is a class act - too bad there are not more like he and Carlos. But wait, this is about Carlos. Lou will have his chance soon. We'll miss you Carlos, especially at roll calls when you sat in the "cheap seats" with your troops. Hey the rest of you, take a hint from Carlos, grow some co-jones and take care of your troops. Good luck and thanks for the memories!

05-23-2007, 11:50 AM
The "Cheap seats" werent all that cheap. They got me in trouble, but I felt so much better sitting and listening to the gripes up close. When you get promoteted you have to remember what it felt like to sit in those rows.

Standing just seems to separate the classes.

You guys can control "the sewage" level. Lots of great people remain.

Listen to each other.

The "blue Line" not the "sewage line" is what's important.

05-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Geez I told myself I would never write anything here, but I can't help
myself Carlos, after all I do miss you. Anyway, speaking of cheap
seats...I'm really sorry about your take home (ex take home). I picked
the cheapest seat in the house and dented your fender. I still feel bad
about that. You KNOW who this is. Hey, is it my fault the fenders are
made of Reynolds Wrap?

Billy

05-24-2007, 07:16 AM
Any dent from you Billy is a badge of honor.

My car wore it well.

05-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Carlos,
Can you tell us some of your fondest memories at MBPD? I know you keep a nice scrapbook of pictures will they be going with you? Can you scan them and give copies to people that are still here?

By the same token can you tell us bad moments and not to stir shit up but just so we keep them in mind so that history doesn't repeat itself.

05-25-2007, 12:59 PM
GOODBYE LT. WE WISH YOU THE BEST IN YOUR RETIREMENT!!!! THANKS FOR BEING STAND UP, WHETHER FROM THE "CHEAP SEATS" OR WHEN YOU WE IN THE FRONT OF THE ROOM (LEADING FROM THE FRONT)! YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW PEOPLE THAT WE WERE GUARANTEED TO GET A SMILE FROM AND AN ENCOURAGING WORD, REGARDLESS OF WHERE WE SAT IN THE ROOM!

YOU ARE MISSED ALREADY!

P.S. KUDOS TO EVERYONE ELSE ON HERE THAT RELIZES THAT WE TRULY, LOST ONE OF THE BEST SUPERVISORS EVER. KEEP THE 15'S EN ROUTE, IN HIS HONOR!!!!!

05-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I have way more good then bad to report.

The time Julio Yero sr "fired" two officers at roll call for radical haircuts.
All those M&m's provided by Sam G.
Beers at 15 and Alton before we started the take home car program.
Trying to keep W Crapp awake.
Wishing Walshon would go to sleep.
Listening to Noriega talk about his patrol experiences.(this took about 35 seconds)-No bash on him....He'a good one to have as a leader.
Listening to Ray A quietly leading his midnight troops.
Trying to figure out what Buffet Ray was saying.
Playing softball/basketball with Rakow/Noriega/McCabe/ Lowe/Lonergan/Ward and all the rest.
Working weekends with no brass around(very pleasant )
Trying to keep a straight face while listening to J Elm ans Brian Sli tell us to stay out of the Northend sub station.
Off duty jobs with Bernie and Godfrey.
The "Arena" led by Edgardo.
**** Tobin signing country music.
Watching in awe as Pauli A and now his little friend shamelesly find a way to the 4th floor.
Baked goods from Joe H on the 1st plt

thats just off the top of my head

See ya.my road trip starts soon.

05-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Hey Lt. In your opinion, who do you think has changed the most out of the command staff? I think you knew them all as PO's........

05-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Everytime you go through a promotion you hav to change somewhat.
Getting the job done should be the objective at all levels.
My mom and dad taught me a long time ago that if I had nothing good to say I would say nothing. During my career I didn't always follow that.I did not approve of how G Nav got his spot,but could you think of anyone else who would do a better job? Probably not. Stay positive. Get promoted and change the area you work in.
To my ninja warriors, stay ninja.

Not what you expected,right?

05-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Exactly what I expected! :lol:

05-28-2007, 07:41 PM
Just wanted to post a "Thanks" to all of my fellow co-worker at MBPD. The 27 years has been fun (most of the time). I certainally will miss everyone but hope to see you all from time to time.
Waiting on FDLE at present..
Be safe and hope the Memorial Day Weekend 2007 was a quite one...

P Marcus

THE ROACH
05-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Congrats and Happy Retirement. I still have the photos of my desk when u TPed it. Also since I don't have your email a breakfast club meeting to be held on June 14 at 930am at 84 Diner.
Love ya

05-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Coco,glad you checked in. Congrats to you.

See Ya

05-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks Carlos, enjoy as much as I am....
Roach, Eichel has my number, get it....
PM

05-31-2007, 11:05 PM
Howdy from Tejas....Two days on the road...We are staying just outside of Fort Hood, in Killeen,Texas.. My brother is retired Army.

See Ya........
Ps.Good job Doce.

Heard you got the bad guy.

06-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Whats goin on guys?.....Everyboby asleep?

06-05-2007, 07:06 AM
WE ARE HERE....
WHERE TO NEXT?

06-05-2007, 09:00 AM
LT, IT IS GREAT TO HEAR THAT A PERSON CAN BE LOVED BY SOO MANY!!!! THIS MOTIVATES ME EVEN MORE TO SOMEDAY WEAR DARK BLUES !!! AS I START MY JOURNEY WITH THE CITY, I AM ALREADY LOOKING FOR WAYS TO FOLLOW IN YOUR FOOTSTEPS AND BE ADMIRED!!! GOOD LUCK, LT AND BE SAFE!!!!!

P.S. SAVE ME A ROOM IN ARGENTINA WHEN YOU GET THERE!!!! :)

06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
We will be in San Antonio, Tx from thurs/Sunday June, 10th.

Thanks..........ex exp now Pss. Nice words.....

Stay motivetd,(yuk), sounds like Paulie --

More thoughts later.

06-06-2007, 12:34 AM
Things I smile about.

Turners belt,Watsons notebook,Pumpkins head.Sims gaggle
Bitume/Freems nose,737 Jeff (my favorite qth).Dinner at Joes with Max
All the Garcias (even ER),Jb's AD,Rojos AD/Rojos AD
Ortiveros Hand,Chambers Monster Calves,Rolls radio discipline
new guy read day,A roll call by Matola,Quinlans coffee
J Weber and his cigarettes,Johnny Q's knives,
Sierra's annual memorial day mishap,Olds schools Dinares (Spelling)?,
Rick Clements(Real Quick), Vinnie Threezeo, Any time Johnny D 06;d,
A report by Guillem, A hug from the cereal hugger, Cox, Coffee at Einsteins with Mendoza and the noon crew, all the explorers,a memo from Howard, a response from Rosenstein,Prayers with Simon and his kids,BBQ's on the roof featuring Johnsons best,Mulshines sqeaky roll calls,Jam-er-on,Gus and his bling bling,Devaneys impersonations,
Baldwins humor and so much more.

See ya

06-06-2007, 01:11 PM
LMAO!!!

Keep those coming! Now this is a freakin thread baby!

06-07-2007, 10:14 PM
Ouch.I'm sittin in San Antonio, where the NBA finals begin 2night without a ticket.

Shaq,can you hear me?

Buhler, anyone?

06-09-2007, 01:50 PM
We visited the Alamo and Had dinner on the River Walk last night.

Today we will stay at a 330 acre ranch owned by a member of my wifes family.

Tomorrow its off to Atlanta where we will leave for Argentina.

I had 23 community contacts. Could you add that to the overlap stats?

See Ya..............................

06-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Hola from Buenos Aires...................Brrrrrrrrrr its cold.

We will be skiing at Bariloche next week.

See ya

06-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Best wishes to Lt. Dee in retirement. It's really gonna be strange without you and DeVo around. I'm sorry that I didn't get to work with you guys more and get a chance to learn from the best. Noons will miss you both.

Er

06-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Is Lt Dee retiring?
Miami Gardens Bound?
PM

06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Oops, forgot to mention PM and Liz N. Happy retirement to both of you also...

Yes D is MG-bound.

06-19-2007, 08:20 PM
lt i told everyone hi, except woj, as you requested :)
have fun...not by the hair of my c.... c.... c...

06-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I heard about Chris, what about Dan (Mod Squad) Reid?

06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
How are you feeling Billy? Relaxed? The 30th
will mark one year to go. It's getting tough.
The BS continues, and, I find some of these
big shots are getting very very unreasonable.
I pity the poor guys that have 10,15,20 to go.
Still, it is a good place to work, in spite of it
all. I guess I'm just cranky. Nothing a few
M&M's won't fix. Yummmmmmmmmmmmy.

06-24-2007, 06:27 PM
Carlos, it was great working with you and I am sorry to see you go. You leave me now, without anybody to handle the celebreties that always need special attention, which you totally understood. We had some fun times working 59's together here and THERE!!! Take care and enjoy all that you deserve. Call me if you need anything. RA

06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Hes got a job with Miami Gardens Were going to miss him

He treated every one with dignity and respect , he never bad mouthed anyone , he always spoke to your face and nevr behind your back.

Miami Gardens will be lucky to have a leader who has such leadership and integrity.

Just like Carlos D he will be missed.
Why is it we always miss the good guys.

06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
CARLOS UPDATE :

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS "CARLOS (Carmen) SANDIEGO?"

where are you whats going on?
WE NEED OUR UPDATES

06-28-2007, 12:50 PM
We are still in Argentina trying to set up the ski trip. My son Chris will be comming down for a couple of weeks in July. Its hard to understand how cold it is here in July. Its the middle of there winter.
I now have time to play with my seven year old. The kinds of things we tend to over look when we fill our schedule with off duty and on duty BS.
I really miss the M/M´s billy. Hi to Bunny.
I gotta go play marbles. See ya

06-28-2007, 01:41 PM
how cold is it??

06-29-2007, 12:53 PM
As low as 0 and as hi as 40 during my stay here.

Maxwell has not contacted me........Can you give him a push.

Hi to everyone, except the South Beach Pole.

See Ya

Ps to Dave Dela...............Sorry about Colombia, but the EEUU did not so well either.

06-29-2007, 12:53 PM
As low as 0 and as hi as 40 during my stay here.

Maxwell has not contacted me........Can you give him a push.

Hi to everyone, except the South Beach Pole.

See Ya

Ps to Dave Dela...............Sorry about Colombia, but the EEUU did not so well either.

06-30-2007, 05:20 AM
I told him...
Will try again next time I see him...

07-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Once in a while I toss one where your desk used to be, for old times
sake. I will certainly say hello to the Bunny. 063008 marks one
year out to retirement for Billy II.

07-03-2007, 02:19 PM
Muchas Garcias..........................I prefer plain,usually.Even dark chocolate sometimes...............They have the dulce de leche ones down here. See ya Billy

07-06-2007, 01:56 PM
I am still in Argentina. The 4th of July means nothing to these people.
For me, since I took the day off , I got 364 floaters to use throughout the year. Nice............... Now if I could only get rid of the flu I picked up
See ya

07-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear you have the flu. Whip up a cup of
hot tea with lemon and drop a few M&M's in, preferably
the peanut butter ones, you'll feel like a million bucks
in no time. See ya....BILLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-08-2007, 06:27 AM
Well....Colombia did slightly better that the USA. Now I have to root for Peru or Uruguay. If I ever cheer for Argentina I would be disowned from my family. I'm glad your having a great, but cold, time. I've tried to continue in your footsteps and every once in a while remind the guys about those less fortunate than us that are found on www.odmp.com (http://www.odmp.com). and the importance of not becoming complacent. Keep us posted.

DeLa

07-12-2007, 03:45 PM
At least the 20 and unders look good. Thanks for the last supper
Dela alphabet.

How are things on noons? Better ,worse?

Any new Captains?

WW still taking notes?

Did they ever find out who shot the bathroom stall?

Hows John Jones doing?

See ya...........Still in Argentina..It snowed for the first time in 89 years.

07-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Don't worry Carlos, Al Gore is working on that. Shouldn't be a problem for much longer. Come to think of it, thanks to his other invention, the internet, we can still talk to you today. By the way, we just had one of those things we sometimes do on the 3rd floor of the parking lot. Your spirit lives on.......

07-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Sorry I missed it but the parrilla down here is very good.
Al Gore is the Bomb.....Sorry.the bum. I do like his internet thing though.
Be safe Er, Hi to Jam-ER-on.
See ya

07-14-2007, 06:25 AM
Carlos,

Manolo's at 73 + Collins is looking for three Officers for a 59 this Sunday at 5pm during the Copa America final. You up for one more job? Or will you be too busy with Navarro Correa celebrating an Argentine victory? Stay warm.

07-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Still down in Argentina. I will hopefully be back in the EEUU in August. I look forward to seeing some of you.
How was the promo exam?
See ya

07-19-2007, 10:48 PM
test was great...mike G. #1 so far...
FOP meeting they advised city freezing 20 possible positions (road officers) but will continue to give promotions per contract...do the math.

07-21-2007, 05:08 AM
heard 18 sgt's
15 Lt's, guess they all will make it

07-21-2007, 11:46 AM
11 Sgt
6 Lt's

07-21-2007, 11:46 AM
11 Sgt
6 Lt's

07-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Good luck to all.................

07-24-2007, 01:00 PM
ok u r retired...........go away.....just kidding wish i were too.

07-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I miss the guys, what can I say? The job, I dont miss.
When does the list come out?

07-25-2007, 03:43 AM
The list will be finalized some time in November.

07-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Howd Navarro Sr do on the test?.........Hes due for a promotion soon isnt he?

07-26-2007, 02:44 AM
Howd Navarro Sr do on the test?.........Hes due for a promotion soon isnt he?

HOLY CRAP...LMAO!!!!! THAT WAS A GOOD ONE! :snicker:

07-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Test?! he don't need no stinking Test!

07-28-2007, 05:58 PM
retirement is great. did i say its great ? its so great....yeah. well we're at wally world..oh noooo its closed. this is great. i love retirement. well will post back in about 2.5 minutes so you can see how cool retirement is ok ? just kidding. love ya carlos. this is great.......

07-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Such hostility,Tony. Are you ok? Retirement is going just fine. I check my email once every three or four days and I still like to check in. Roll any cars lately?

07-30-2007, 07:16 PM
wow you got me.. ok fine i take it back.......i know when im beat. i still love you though.

08-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I'm not back in the US. Just back in Miami. At least until the 1st of Sept.
Any pro-mo lists yet? Hows everyone doing?

gagme
08-10-2007, 01:07 AM
Glad you're back. Now, breakfast tomorrow morning, 10 August, '07, at the 84 Diner. 9:30 am. All local retirees required to attend. S.R. 84 between Flamingo Rd. and Hiatus Rd. Be there or be square. Gagme.

08-12-2007, 11:34 PM
It was great seeing the retirees at the 84diner. Seeing The roach, the freem ellen, skolnick and other retirees was lots of fun. A breakfast that would normally last 45 minutes took more then three hours. Lots of laughs. Thanks for the invite and special thanks to Bobby J.
Hopefully I'll be in town for one of these in the future.

It was also good to visit the MBPD on Sunday the 12th. I never did like being their during the week when other floors were occupied.

Thanks to all for the warm reception and for letting me take part in roll call.

See ya............Be safe.

08-17-2007, 04:32 PM
hey carlos where u at now. please tell us. we miss u so much. i dont how we get along around here without you. just kidding....love ya.

08-24-2007, 07:52 PM
I will be in town till the 29th. Then its off on a cross country drive. Then back to Miami for a short while and back to Argentina.

08-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Rumor has it you will be travelling in a white Lexus Hybrid SUV that you have on "loaner". Call me if you need directions.

09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Thought you got rid of me right.
I've been through TX,Ark,Tenn,NC Sc Ga and will beback in Miami soon. Hope all is well. Whats up with sherriff Jenne?....Wowser

09-06-2007, 12:52 AM
Jenne read your posts, realized how good retirement can be, and decided to retire as well. Rumor has it he won't be doing much travelling, though.

09-06-2007, 07:28 PM
we're gonna go to washington, new york, pennsylvania, florida, texas........waaaaaaaaa....hey you running for president?

09-10-2007, 03:36 AM
HEY EVERYBODY!
Remember back in high school the guy who graduated but still hung around the next year but was cool?
Then he continued to hang around after that and was creepy?
Just wondering where you're going with this amigo?

09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the special thoughts Harry. After 24 years of service I am going out at my own speed.
If you dont like it dont look at the post, you nappy headed Jo.
Remember back in high school, when the have nots who were stuck in nerd hell posted notes ,(off course not usung their own name) and bad mouthed other people?
Holy Cow Harry, do I bother you that much?
See ya

09-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Hemm..........seems like Harry struck a nerve.

09-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Don't worry Carlos, some like to read about retirement. Apparently Harry is no-so-happy and is jelouse? I'm enjoying mine, have not traveled as much as you though... Continue to enjoy
PM

09-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Jelouse? Jeeeez........Can't anyone from your department, past or present spell?

09-14-2007, 02:00 AM
I think the lumber is getting to him at home depot. :lol: He has splinters in the finger that corresponds with the a key. :lol:

09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
there is life after retirement Lt. but you shouldn't forget your life before retirement also. keep on posting.

10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Billy Rosenstein retired today :( ..... Thanks for the funny times, we love ya and as we saw today we know you love us.....

10-29-2007, 09:31 PM
Nagel,Freeman,Devaney,Devarona,Marcus,Corley etc....whats going on?

talk to us guys.....hows the good life?? :?:

10-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Somehow somebody locked me out......I could not get on to LEO. I found a way. back.

Life is good. 10 days of skiing in Argentina,(just outside of Chile).

Now I am back in Miami for a few. Any off duty jobs I can work? THAT I miss...The guys I miss. The job, the petty-ness,politics and other garbage,you can have.

By the way,How did the Carp die?

See ya

10-30-2007, 01:59 PM
life cant be that good if this nucklehead aint got nothing better to do with his time, seems to me he's miserable. oh and can the "i got locked out" crap. u sound like rosie odonnell........just kidding..love ya

10-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Carlos, have you heard from your pal Phil Von Eiff ? Where is he now so he can avoid extradition.

10-31-2007, 01:09 AM
Carlos, have you heard from your pal Phil Von Eiff ? Where is he now so he can avoid extradition.

PVE is a loser.

11-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Once a month I get a check from the pension fund.

I dont have to appear at roll call or do any thing else for it.

Sounds terrible, doesnt it?...............Jealous are you?..Your day will come.

I have not heard from Phil or Rosie...Two men I dont miss.

I do like this forum,though.

I get to say hello once in a while..................

See ya

11-01-2007, 04:00 PM
Billy Rosenstein retired on Monday. Sgt. T.R. called him at home on Tuesday morn because a certain Captain didn't enter his time off into the telestaff. Why can't they leave this poor guy alone already. He has retired, He made it 24 years thruogh all their torture, enough already. Any way, Hey Carlos I thought Billy was you friend, or is the Rosie you speak of somebody else ?

11-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Also, look back at the post from#1 fan.................He mentioned Rosie O Donnel.................Thats who I was referring 2..............I have always considered Billy Swan a friend....................Hopefully it was just an oversite on your part and not an attempt at starting trouble.............................See ya.

11-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Hey guys, PM here, retirement was short. Started with FDLE on Oct 19th and just got and pension direct deposit and the first FDLE paycheck. Life is good and FDLE is not MBPD. Thing are very differant but adjusting.

11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Good for you Paul. Congrats.

11-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Boy... Since Billy Rosenstein has left, the mood around here is different. No more jokes at Day shift roll call. Billy you will be missed. You were one of those "always there" personalities that will go down in MBPD history. Your farewell speech really hit home with us and we won't let the "A- holes" get to us. Good luck Billy. We love you

11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I have heard that no one from the Brass showed up to Billy's last roll call. Is this true ? If it is true, it's an unbelievable disgrace. After 25 years you would think that CN or at least that RM or even GN would make a point of showing up. My GOD he put in his 25 years, whats a guy have to do around here. We should ALL show them what we think of their disrespect. GODSPEED, Billy and GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

11-04-2007, 11:26 PM
I have heard that no one from the Brass showed up to Billy's last roll call. Is this true ? If it is true, it's an unbelievable disgrace. After 25 years you would think that CN or at least that RM or even GN would make a point of showing up. My GOD he put in his 25 years, whats a guy have to do around here. We should ALL show them what we think of their disrespect. GODSPEED, Billy and GOOD LUCK !!!!!!

It's all DD's faught.

11-05-2007, 06:40 PM
carlos...you said a few posts back that you now get a check and have to do nothing for it ? as i recall you did nothing for it when u were here.

11-05-2007, 07:05 PM
See what you get for 25 years of service "before" you leave......NOTHING.

You don't so much as get a plaque with your badge on it unless you pay the $ 25.00 for it from your party fund, very sad.

It just seems to be the way you were treated all during your career.........

11-05-2007, 09:36 PM
I got away with it for all those years...............

.It is sad that those that go out after so many years are not recognized in any way..

I tried to take care of those that were leaving ahead of me.

Thats the best we can do............Take care of each other.

See ya

11-10-2007, 08:26 PM
u r right all we gots each other. as for no one remembering us, its ok. as long as the checks in the mail ill be crying all the way to the bank...i could care less about some plaque. plaques dont pay the rent

11-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Carlos, go get a MY SPACE account and some sort of life.

11-12-2007, 12:24 AM
I like leoaffairs just fine..........You dont have to read it............................

Why dont you and Chavez just "SHUT UP".

11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
what does bill clinton and devarona have in common? they just wont go away.

11-17-2007, 04:40 AM
These retirees kill me. They want to retire so bad but they can't seem to let it go. Get a life Carlos.

Are you hanging out with Armando Torres in Argentina?

Take care,

Rigo, Sam and Richard

11-18-2007, 02:01 AM
I miss you 2.............

Why are you guys so miffed at me?

Trying to push buttons.........

Especially doing it without posting your name.

I have a very nice life.

I also like it that my getting on Leo bothers you.

Be safe.

11-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Carlos.

Is it true that you were the Best Man at Armandos Wedding?

Take care,

Sam B.

11-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Guest..IS that all ya got?

Stop using sam's name ,I dont believe its Sam B.

You didn't have cojones when I was at the MBPD.

Why would you show your real name now?

11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Boy... Since Billy Rosenstein has left, the mood around here is different. No more jokes at Day shift roll call. Billy you will be missed. You were one of those "always there" personalities that will go down in MBPD history. Your farewell speech really hit home with us and we won't let the "A- holes" get to us. Good luck Billy. We love you

I saw Rosenstein the other day with his kids at a resturant. If there is a happier man on earth, I haven't found him. You see timing is everything. Billy, you did the right thing and got out in the nick of time. You took the fun with you, Things around here will never be the same.

11-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey Billy sorry I could not make it to your last Roll Call, but hey if you read this, could you please tell us what you said for the benefit of those that could not make it.

11-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Hey, I was there when Billy went off at his last roll call. He said what we all have wanted to say for years... It was great ! Very emotional and honest ! Funny how NONE of the command staff ( not one ) showed up to his last roll call. And they were all in the station that morning. No guts, how typical ! ! Well at least Billy got to put his 2 cents in and speak for all of us before he bailed ! Good luck Billy, Enjoy the retirement !

11-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey, I was there when Billy went off at his last roll call. He said what we all have wanted to say for years... It was great ! Very emotional and honest ! Funny how NONE of the command staff ( not one ) showed up to his last roll call. And they were all in the station that morning. No guts, how typical ! ! Well at least Billy got to put his 2 cents in and speak for all of us before he bailed ! Good luck Billy, Enjoy the retirement !

Funny how everyone waits to speak their mind when they are about to retire. Pretty ballsy huh? Sgt. HB at least says it here and now and does not let his probationary status affect what he says.

HB for FOP President!

11-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Billy R. has been speaking his mind since the day he got here 25 years ago. Thats why "They" all hated him so much. "They" don't like hearing the truth and one thing you can say about Billy, he was honest. He never attacked them but was forced to defend himself many times. He always turned it around and made them look like fools and thats what pissed them off the most. It wasn't until the last few years that he became more reserve in his comments. I guess to protect his pension and who can blame him. As we see from what "They" are doing to HB for nothing more then comments, it was a smart move.

11-23-2007, 03:23 PM

Funny how everyone waits to speak their mind when they are about to retire. Pretty ballsy huh? Sgt. HB at least says it here and now and does not let his probationary status affect what he says.

HB for FOP President!

It’s obvious from your post that you didn’t know Billy. Well I’ve known him for 20 years. He spoke his mind and fought the A-holes upstairs everyday for his whole career. He always tempered it with humor so it was said as a joke, but everyone knew what he was really saying. As far as HB goes, I agree what they are doing to him is unbelievable, and for what… words.

You are right about one thing though –

HB for FOP President!

12-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Hey Carlos, you should see what you are missing....... The king got his....

12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Happy holidays to all.

Good luck to Carlos N.

Be safe.

12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Get your Scarberry red pens out, I misspelled my name.

12-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Billy is still out and about and gives his regards.