PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service and Performance Bonus

05-20-2007, 02:03 PM
two thoughts:
1) the new director is guiding the department towards customer service, which to me, applies to a desk jockey not a roadman. the surveys were ludacrist.
2) she is approving a performance bonus for dhsmv employees. what about a performance bonus for troopers who do their job (not for those who ride around for 8 hours a day writing 9 tickets a month, hang out at tow yards for hours on end or feign illness during their midnight shift screwing over the guys he works with?) i'm not talking about the one time $1k bonus either! if it takes a rethinking of the distribution of fine penalties then the legislators need to do it. if it takes a quota then so be it. (number of violators stopped not the action taken.) direct some of the penalty fines towards operating expenses and that should free up some of the budget for salary increases. this department reminds me of the military, when you get promoted you forget where you came from and think of noone else but yourself.

05-21-2007, 01:32 AM
Here is what I know- Performance pay increases will be based on criteria related to a trooper job- we will not be rated on the same customer service requirements as DL examiners. That's ridiculous.

And complaining about her trying to help find ways to get us so $$ is crazy!

Second- I totally disagree with you on the surveys. This was the first time in the 10 years I've been a trooper that I was asked my opinion about things and i told them how i felt. It's people like you that give us a bad name... you want to b%$tc but dont want to be part of the solution. Guess that would be too challenging for you?

Anyway- I am watching and waiting until I pass judgment.

05-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Number 1 - "Customer Service" is for a chain store like WalMart, J C Penney, etc. and is misused by the department to be politically correct. The public we deal with are not "customers". The only thing we sell them is safety in the form of proactive enforcement. They're violators, victims, suspects, and witnesses.

Number 2 - No one knows yet how they will dole out performance based incintives. 15 or 20 years ago, some similar monies became available and they started distributing it out at the bottom of the pay scale working upward. Guess what? The money ran out before all eligible employees received their fair share and most of us were told, "I'm sorry".

Number 3 - Who says the incintives will be all monetary? Sure they've been given funds but who says they won't buy more cool pocket knives, umbrellas, key chains, and other meaningless junk? Can you imagine?...You are an exemplairy employee in all facets of the job. Then they flip you another challenge coin and say a hearty thanks. Wooooo. I'm excited.

05-21-2007, 07:43 PM
hey! them challenge coins, magnets and frisbees can fetch a pretty penny on certain web based auction sites! another coin this year and i can upgrade to whole milk! who got an umbrella?

05-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Hey Way Off Base, you wait around for the results if you want to. Personally I will be long gone by then. Every year they tell you, next year. Well next year has come and gone one to many times for me and my family. If you honestly think that some survey is going to change things around here your insane and deserve to stay at FHP and reap the rewards like the other writer said, a pocket knife or challenge coin. If that is what its all about for you then fine. Personally I do not work here for the fun of it or the glory or whatever some of you weak personality types cling to with this State Trooper image that your wrapped up in. Yes I am proud to be a Trooper and would stay here if I could, but I can't. I want to provide for my family in a decent manner. I want to be able to go on vacation and give my kids nice things for Christmas, Oh and I almost forgot I would like to be able to retire someday making more than $25,000 a year. But you hang out hear and keep waiting. I am sure that the next academy will be full with bright eyed bushy tailed recruits who can't wait to get out there and hit the highway with you.

05-22-2007, 12:57 AM
two thoughts:
1) the new director is guiding the department towards customer service, which to me, applies to a desk jockey not a roadman. the surveys were ludacrist.
2) she is approving a performance bonus for dhsmv employees. what about a performance bonus for troopers who do their job (not for those who ride around for 8 hours a day writing 9 tickets a month, hang out at tow yards for hours on end or feign illness during their midnight shift screwing over the guys he works with?) i'm not talking about the one time $1k bonus either! if it takes a rethinking of the distribution of fine penalties then the legislators need to do it. if it takes a quota then so be it. (number of violators stopped not the action taken.) direct some of the penalty fines towards operating expenses and that should free up some of the budget for salary increases. this department reminds me of the military, when you get promoted you forget where you came from and think of noone else but yourself.

Colonel Knight :devil: stop it will you. You know she's not to blame.