PDA

View Full Version : Whats next?

05-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Whats next for the PD? Who will be the next Cpt? Is the decision totally up to the Chief? Will he hire someone from the outside? If he does, what is that saying to the rank and file? "none of them are good enough to be promoted?"

What kind of motivation do they have to work hard for their future when they already know the city has no confidence in them?

05-20-2007, 10:23 PM
It's up to the chief. He will probably hire one of his old buddies he used to work with, mark my words it will be an old friend, hes got to have someone back him up...

05-21-2007, 12:25 AM
I can't believe that officers with 5-7 yrs. of experience with ZPD would even think they might have a chance at occupying a seat filled by a 17 yr. veteran. The flippin seat has not even cooled and you selfish *******s are talk'in shit of who going to fill the position!

The problem with ZPD is the chief and your concern is "What can I get from this deal!" You all suck as bad as the chief.

Grow up and do your job in I.A.. When you earn the position, you will get it. Until then, worry about learning to be Sergeant!

05-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Jeez don't make it so obvious ken....

05-22-2007, 12:06 AM
Whats going to happen is, from now on everything will be the ex-captains fault chief will have to have someone to blame everything on. I just want to let you know chief has said more than once he is hiring outside of the department and it wont be too soon just like JACK said it will be a friend to watch his back.

05-22-2007, 01:15 PM
Three out of five Sgt.’s have under eight years of experience, two have under six! In any other dept. they wouldn’t even have been promoted to this position. The single biggest problem with the dept. is lack of leadership. Strong leadership is like wisdom, it takes time to develop through experience (work and personal), training, unselfishness, and realistic self evaluation. Pride and arrogance is our enemy!

It would be a welcome change to get some new blood. What’s wrong with the Chief wanting people under him that would actually support and enforce his decisions (at least in public and to subordinates) rather than spend all their time opposing him and neglecting their duties.

05-22-2007, 05:37 PM
It would be a welcome change to get some new blood. What’s wrong with the Chief wanting people under him that would actually support and enforce his decisions (at least in public and to subordinates) rather than spend all their time opposing him and neglecting their duties.

I agree, when ZPD gets a new chief (a leader) he will be supported and ZPD will stop neglecting their duties. The current chief molded this agency to way it is today. He needs to take full responsibility of what he has created! It won't be long now!

05-23-2007, 12:34 AM
I agree with this post! ZPD resembles a bunch of pre-school kids. If they are so willing to trash the Chief and other co-workers on this site, how do you think they are willing to treat the public?

If it so bad, there are other police agencies in the area. Be a grown-up, if you have a problem with the Chief address it through your superiors and behave like someone that has a little honor.

Otherwise take your great police talent and find greener pastures. Just don't come to Polk County where I live.

06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
I was on vac. did not get to read all of these. Sorry Mrs. you take
everything soooooooooo personal. Oh, that's right you have to live with
him. Does the Hosp really let you use there computer for this? My next
shift, I'll have to inquire if I can do this while I work also.

06-22-2007, 02:16 PM
I was on vac. did not get to read all of these. Sorry Mrs. you take
everything soooooooooo personal. Oh, that's right you have to live with
him. Does the Hosp really let you use there computer for this? My next
shift, I'll have to inquire if I can do this while I work also.