PDA

View Full Version : Lights and sirens

05-16-2007, 02:58 AM
I got an email today that said we all have to have lights and sirens installed in our cars, no exceptions. Apparently this includes blue lights mounted in the front grill and the rear window. I talked to my SAS and he said that there were no exceptions, including cars that are frequently used for surveillance and UC work.

Is this what everyone is hearing? Surely they can see the problems with this. Am I the only one that has problems with this? Just wondering.

05-16-2007, 04:00 AM
Yeah, I see a problem too. Can you get low profile plug-ins? I have them hooked up to a 3-way splitter that has its own switch. The lights remain switched on...all I have to do is turn on the splitter. I also have them mounted so you can't see them unless you get real close.

05-16-2007, 11:57 AM
That's the thing. They just bought us the ones with the suction cups that go on the front and rear windows. I just can't get over the fact that my SAS is telling me that I have to get lights mounted in my front grill and back dash. This place kills me sometimes. If I can't talk sense to him or the SAC, I'll call the Commish myself.

05-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey guys and gals...Jimminy Christmas, ease up on the blue light issue! By the looks of the budget, I don't think anyone will be going deep undercover with the cartels anytime soon!

Furthermore, I would hope that if anyone were to speak with the Commish about anything, it would be the most important issue (I hope!) the PAY ISSUES, and the direction of the department.

05-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey guys and gals...Jimminy Christmas, ease up on the blue light issue! By the looks of the budget, I don't think anyone will be going deep undercover with the cartels anytime soon!

Furthermore, I would hope that if anyone were to speak with the Commish about anything, it would be the most important issue (I hope!) the PAY ISSUES, and the direction of the department.

Do we have a direction?

05-18-2007, 03:10 PM
No, I don't plan on going "deep undercover with the cartels" anytime soon but I would like to be able to do my job. Not all of us work in Tallahassee or in Domestic Security, there are a few of us that work for a living. I work on a task force and am typically on surveillance daily so it would make it more difficult to do my job. And if you don't like to read people's venting on this forum then don't come here.

06-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Is this FDLE employees Im reading about. Because it sure sounds like immature people. I mean FDLE! you would think this agency could sound more professional.

08-31-2007, 02:56 AM
SOUNDS FRUSTRATING GUYS. FOR A MINUTE I THOUGHT I GOT LOST AND WAS BACK ON THE FHP THREADS. (EMERGENCY LIGHTS MOUNTED IN A UC CAR :roll: wow)