PDA

View Full Version : Who used their badge to get a playstation?

05-16-2007, 01:17 AM
I heard on the news this morning that a PBSO deputy used his badge to obtain a PLaystation III for Christmas... I didn't get the whole story and I can't find it on channel 12's web site. What is the deal here and please tell me he was corrections, not R/P!!!

05-16-2007, 01:20 AM
It doesn't mather if it was R/P or Corrections. It was JUST WRONG.

05-16-2007, 02:40 AM
Back when PS3 was being released lines formed outside stores overnight for chance to purchase one. Deputy allegedly while on duty used badge/uniform to cut in front of the line and purchase a PS3 without waiting....that's the short of it.

05-16-2007, 01:11 PM
I heard that deputy was in district 7 and is good

05-16-2007, 01:23 PM
old news.

Deputy cut in line, video gamers say
Friday, November 17, 2006

The competition for the right to buy a PlayStation 3 really got cutthroat this week at a Best Buy near Boca when a PBSO deputy showed up in uniform and squeezed into a good spot in line — and now the sheriff's internal affairs squad is looking into his actions.

About 30 young 'uns had been camped out in front of the store, at State Road 7 and Glades Road, since Tuesday for a shot at one of 20-some machines scheduled to go on sale early this morning.

But about 3 p.m. Wednesday, several witnesses said, 18-year lawman S G showed up in his squad car. He picked a spot in the line and declared: "This is mine!"

"We didn't want trouble, so we let him," said the No. 3 man in the queue, Lauderdale painter Rob Miller. He said the deputy claimed the No. 4 spot, then kept returning every few hours to make sure everyone knew it and finally brought a friend as a stand-in. "He's got a badge and a gun, so he's superior. There's nothing we can do."

Those in line were all about greed, G told Page Two, since they'll sell the consoles for twice the price. But G was there for charity, his own.

"It ain't like that," G said. "I wasn't bullying. I was legitimately in line, but I couldn't stay since I'm working. So I just showed up a few times to remind people I'm there. I even brought coffee and doughnuts to the guys to make sure they remembered. I'm not strong-arming anyone."

G says he doesn't even know how a PlayStation works. He says he wanted to organize a raffle for it and take low-income children out for a nice party before Christmas. The raffle ticket price: $30 per.

"It's something I wanted to run myself," he said. "I'd pay myself back for the PlayStation and take kids out with the proceeds. I wanted to show them cops aren't that bad."

An I.A. deputy interviewed several PS3 hopefuls at the scene Thursday night after G said he'd abandon his Jingle All The Way quest for the PlayStation and cancel his raffle.

05-16-2007, 04:37 PM
old news.

Deputy cut in line, video gamers say
Friday, November 17, 2006

The competition for the right to buy a PlayStation 3 really got cutthroat this week at a Best Buy near Boca when a PBSO deputy showed up in uniform and squeezed into a good spot in line — and now the sheriff's internal affairs squad is looking into his actions.

About 30 young 'uns had been camped out in front of the store, at State Road 7 and Glades Road, since Tuesday for a shot at one of 20-some machines scheduled to go on sale early this morning.

But about 3 p.m. Wednesday, several witnesses said, 18-year lawman S G showed up in his squad car. He picked a spot in the line and declared: "This is mine!"

"We didn't want trouble, so we let him," said the No. 3 man in the queue, Lauderdale painter Rob Miller. He said the deputy claimed the No. 4 spot, then kept returning every few hours to make sure everyone knew it and finally brought a friend as a stand-in. "He's got a badge and a gun, so he's superior. There's nothing we can do."

Those in line were all about greed, G told Page Two, since they'll sell the consoles for twice the price. But G was there for charity, his own.

"It ain't like that," G said. "I wasn't bullying. I was legitimately in line, but I couldn't stay since I'm working. So I just showed up a few times to remind people I'm there. I even brought coffee and doughnuts to the guys to make sure they remembered. I'm not strong-arming anyone."

G says he doesn't even know how a PlayStation works. He says he wanted to organize a raffle for it and take low-income children out for a nice party before Christmas. The raffle ticket price: $30 per.

"It's something I wanted to run myself," he said. "I'd pay myself back for the PlayStation and take kids out with the proceeds. I wanted to show them cops aren't that bad."

An I.A. deputy interviewed several PS3 hopefuls at the scene Thursday night after G said he'd abandon his Jingle All The Way quest for the PlayStation and cancel his raffle.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, there's just something about that green!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That makes me glad I'm in BLUE!!! :lol: :lol: Someone call the safety patrols, the hall monitors, the dean.....Dpty G is cutting the liiiiine!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-16-2007, 04:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, there's just something about that green!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That makes me glad I'm in BLUE!!! :lol: :lol: Someone call the safety patrols, the hall monitors, the dean.....Dpty G is cutting the liiiiine!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
if you think your dept also doesnt have these types of people youre just as clueless.

When a department is 10x bigger, they have 10x as many

05-16-2007, 05:53 PM
if you think your dept also doesnt have these types of people youre just as clueless.

When a department is 10x bigger, they have 10x as many

Well you're right!!! THAT'S EXACTLY WHY I LEFT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE!!!! /b] I thought that I would miss the take-home car but I was given a nice suv when I got hired. Back to square 1-----[b]
I'M SO GLAD I'M IN BLUE!!!!

05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
You were one we all have been speaking about. Glad you left. You will not be missed. See you at the FDLE hearings when you get indicted. With an ego like yours, it won't be long. Good riddence. Add that to K and O and we are much better. Now only the Walton's left to go. This place gets better everyday.

06-08-2007, 06:50 PM
S Baby

Ebay is Cheaper

06-13-2007, 08:25 AM
who cares, he got his ps3..get over it

06-13-2007, 06:30 PM
amazing that even stories taken straight from the palm beach post have names edited out.

So the palm beach post can print a deputy's actual name, but the minute you post on this forum, its taboo.

06-15-2007, 12:04 PM
I heard on the news this morning that a PBSO deputy used his badge to obtain a PLaystation III for Christmas... I didn't get the whole story and I can't find it on channel 12's web site. What is the deal here and please tell me he was corrections, not R/P!!!

Wat you have against Corrections, I take it you've never worked in Corrections those people that work in there deals with your prisoners for eight hours a day, on the other hand you deal with your prisoner maybe an 1hr. So don't bash those people. On the contrary you should spend at least eight hours in there, and I bet you have a different prospect. I thought we in greens are like brother's, enough of this division Corrections/Road Patrol. So next time you decide to bash a deputy from Corrections for any circumstances think twice they might be your backup one day.

06-15-2007, 02:52 PM
LEAVE IT ALONE!!! WHO CARES!!!! MODERATORS DELETE THIS TOPIC AND ALL POSTINGS!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: