PDA

View Full Version : laterals

05-15-2007, 06:51 PM
are u guys accepting apps for laterals and what do you think is the current state of the dept. (also info on pay, benefits, retirement)

05-26-2007, 07:30 PM
i hear they are not hiring.

05-29-2007, 08:37 AM
They will be hiring soon. They cant get a good contract so they are loosing some to the City of Miami. They are getting paid now.

05-29-2007, 11:24 PM
I heard their feuding with their mayor. Is that true? Also, why would anybody want to leave coral gables to go to the city? As far as your contract goes what do you mean by no contract? And are you guys civil service or at will?

06-02-2007, 06:50 PM
u would want to leave the gables because of career opportunities and lack of variety of work. it is a good department with good people but if u want to work and gain experience then it isn't the place for u.

06-28-2007, 12:53 AM
I would definitely not recommend any person apply for this department unless your the type of person that doesn't have much self esteem, self respect, or dignity.

Time after time, CGPD staff members and mid level supervisors prove they are all about themselves. They will sacrifice any subordinates career or reputation to save their own skin. They abuse their power by making B.S. excuses to schedule special details, training, or overtime for themselves. Staff level supervisors (Majors) work off-duty details as if they really need the extra income. They're practically stealing food off the plate of some poor single, or married with children CGPD Officer just trying to make ends meet.

CGPD Supervisors are modern day cowards. They never defend their officers when irate and irrational citizens make absurd complaints against them. Instead of telling the complainant they are wrong, and send them packing, they rather take the high road, and, write the complaint, however absurd, on a controversial "Contact Form", and/or let Internal Affairs handle counseling for them.

Supervisors prove on a daily basis, they are barely capable of doing their job, yet, they are promoted to a level of incompetence. The same supervisors, who not long before, found themselves sitting directly across the desk from a IA Investigator, in the proverbial hot seat. Of course, since becoming supervisors, they no longer can do anything wrong. Just ask any other supervisor!

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention our glorious and corrupt city hall officials, elected and appointed. They are so far in deep, and so far over their heads, they have to tell ten lies to obscure or cover up each lie uttered before. The New York MAFIA is more honest and trustworthy than this group of unethical, incompetent, and arrogant buffoons.

If you want to give S. Florida an enema, stick the probe right in the middle of Coral Gables City Hall! No lubrication necessary. Need I say more?

06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
And here I thought Coral Gables P.D. was the oasis surrounded by a sea of pathetic, underpaid and overworked police departments! Is it really that bad? And if so, what is your FOP doing? :shock:

06-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Wow! I thought you were describing OUR police dept. and OUR city hall!!
Guess the crap is ALMOST the same EVERYWHERE in DADE CO.!! A REAL SHI! HOLE!...

07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
This department is getting shitty real fast. :x

07-27-2007, 02:00 AM

Why? For as long as it can remembered, Coral Gables PD has been known for its good working conditions; a coveted department in which to work! Is it the chief, manager or the mayor that is causing this unfortunate decline?

I WALK ON WATER
07-27-2007, 05:57 AM
THIS NEW BUDGET IS NOT GONNA HELP ANY OF US (POLICE OFFICERS) WE HAVE CLOWNS IN CITY OFFICE (THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BUDGET IN THE CITY'S THE RIGHT WAY) ....
AND NOW WE HAVE A CLOWN AS A GOV. THAT MADE THIS POSSABLE.... I QUOTE " I HAVE TRUST IN THE CITY OFFICIALS THAT ARE IN OUR CITY AND COUNTY GOVT. ...AND THAT POLICE AND FIRE PERSONAL SHOULD NOT BE EFFECTED IN ANYWAY" (YEA RITE....)
PUT OUR HEAD ON A CHOPPING BLOCK MR CHARLIE..... AND HAVE THE CITY OFFICIALS BE THE GRIMMY REPPERS

07-27-2007, 05:57 AM
THIS NEW BUDGET IS NOT GONNA HELP ANY OF US (POLICE OFFICERS) WE HAVE CLOWNS IN CITY OFFICE (THAT DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BUDGET IN THE CITY'S THE RIGHT WAY) ....
AND NOW WE HAVE A CLOWN AS A GOV. THAT MADE THIS POSSABLE.... I QUOTE " I HAVE TRUST IN THE CITY OFFICIALS THAT ARE IN OUR CITY AND COUNTY GOVT. ...AND THAT POLICE AND FIRE PERSONAL SHOULD NOT BE EFFECTED IN ANYWAY" (YEA RITE....)
PUT OUR HEAD ON A CHOPPING BLOCK MR CHARLIE..... AND HAVE THE CITY OFFICIALS BE THE GRIMMY REPPERS

08-11-2007, 12:56 AM

Why? For as long as it can remembered, Coral Gables PD has been known for its good working conditions; a coveted department in which to work! Is it the chief, manager or the mayor that is causing this unfortunate decline?

It is the crapy Chief and the asshole mayor that are distroying the department.

08-11-2007, 03:26 PM
One of our young po's told me the other day that he was applying with Miami PD. We are going down the toilet, the Mayor doesnt care a bit that we are going to have a hard time getting new applicants. And another rumor i heard, do to staff issues, special units are going to be 07.

08-12-2007, 03:49 AM
DUDE, SHUT THE F-UP.. THIS DEPARTMENT IS QRU!!! MORE MONEY WOULD BE NICE, BUT JUST BEING ABLE TO WORK IN CORAL GABLES GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND. APARENTLY UV'E ONLY WORKED HERE SO U CAN'T APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT IS KICK ASS... FOR GOD SAKES, THE NORTH END IS A JOKE. I'LL WORK THE NORTH ANYTIME, WITHOUT A GUN... LOL..

08-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Just a heads up, we r going to be paying gas for the take home cars starting in october. The commission has not announced publicly but it will happen.

08-14-2007, 10:48 PM
DUDE, SHUT THE F-UP.. THIS DEPARTMENT IS QRU!!! MORE MONEY WOULD BE NICE, BUT JUST BEING ABLE TO WORK IN CORAL GABLES GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND. APARENTLY UV'E ONLY WORKED HERE SO U CAN'T APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT IS KICK arse... FOR GOD SAKES, THE NORTH END IS A JOKE. I'LL WORK THE NORTH ANYTIME, WITHOUT A GUN... LOL..

Obviously, the person who wrote the above quote is so short sighted, dumb, blind and narrow minded, that he/she doesn't understand the City of Coral Gables has been screwing us hard for a long time. WE, THE CORAL GABLES POLICE, are the only reason this city is such a nice place to live and work but, that will be changing soon unless the city starts bargaining fairly. Meanwhile, go drink your cafecito at Versailles and tell your former work buddy's over at City of Miami PD how great you have it while THEY laugh all the way to the bank at your dumb butt! Maybe you should do us all a great favor and go back where you came from...:x

10-05-2007, 10:10 PM
DUDE, SHUT THE F-UP.. THIS DEPARTMENT IS QRU!!! MORE MONEY WOULD BE NICE, BUT JUST BEING ABLE TO WORK IN CORAL GABLES GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND. APARENTLY UV'E ONLY WORKED HERE SO U CAN'T APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT IS KICK ASS... FOR GOD SAKES, THE NORTH END IS A JOKE. I'LL WORK THE NORTH ANYTIME, WITHOUT A GUN... LOL..

your right, and you know what, there are to many officers who cry about everything!

10-08-2007, 12:48 AM
[quote=your right, and you know what, there are to many officers who cry about everything![/quote]

ANOTHER MORON!!!

10-10-2007, 04:56 AM
I love this place :devil: :P :devil: Even though u don't....

10-13-2007, 09:05 AM
To the "moron" that assumed that I am a lateral a few posts ago, YOU'RE WRONG! I have had the opportunity to work with other agencies and departnents during my career here, and this place is far from being the hell that you describe. You are probably just another loser that couldn't hack it anywhere else! Grow a pair and quit your crying!!!

10-13-2007, 07:25 PM
To the "moron" that assumed that I am a lateral a few posts ago, YOU'RE WRONG! I have had the opportunity to work with other agencies and departnents during my career here, and this place is far from being the hell that you describe. You are probably just another loser that couldn't hack it anywhere else! Grow a pair and quit your crying!!!LOL. tell it like it is!

10-13-2007, 07:26 PM
DUDE, SHUT THE F-UP.. THIS DEPARTMENT IS QRU!!! MORE MONEY WOULD BE NICE, BUT JUST BEING ABLE TO WORK IN CORAL GABLES GIVES ME PEACE OF MIND. APARENTLY UV'E ONLY WORKED HERE SO U CAN'T APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT OUR WORK ENVIRONMENT IS KICK arse... FOR GOD SAKES, THE NORTH END IS A JOKE. I'LL WORK THE NORTH ANYTIME, WITHOUT A GUN... LOL..

Obviously, the person who wrote the above quote is so short sighted, dumb, blind and narrow minded, that he/she doesn't understand the City of Coral Gables has been screwing us hard for a long time. WE, THE CORAL GABLES POLICE, are the only reason this city is such a nice place to live and work but, that will be changing soon unless the city starts bargaining fairly. Meanwhile, go drink your cafecito at Versailles and tell your former work buddy's over at City of Miami PD how great you have it while THEY laugh all the way to the bank at your dumb butt! Maybe you should do us all a great favor and go back where you came from...:xit show by the way you write that you think you are smarter than most other cops, but your are just another asshole

10-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Guys you can defend the department or you can slander the department and say the truth about what really is going on within. This place has changed alot and its not what it used to be. The staff does not give three shits about the officers or there concerns. So you guys out there, that have been working for a couple of weeks and think that your veterans. Well, first of all your not. Second of all, for the first time since I have been there we have 6 officers leaving to other departments within the next couple of months. The reality is, if things were good no one would be leaving. No one has left yet, but once the individuals leave I am sure the truth about our department will be realized by everyone. We do not work for heaven on earth. So get off your high horse and realize your surroundings. This department does not care about its officer and we go out of there way to **** any one of us.

10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
www.Tactical-World.com (http://www.Tactical-World.com) is donating 10% of every sale to the families of the fallen officers...Let's do our part instead of just talking about it!

10-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Personally I donate directly to POAT to help out the families of fallen officers. I think its a load of shit when these companys try to bring in business by advertising that they will donate 10% of sales. If you wanted to donate then make a contribution but don't act all high and mighty saying that we need to make your company money, so you'll contribute 10 %. This is ridiculous. Just like the restuarant in Plantation that is getting free advertising and say the samething, come eat here and will donate. STOP TAKING ADVANTAGE OF BAD SITUATION FOR PERSONAL PROFIT. Ladies and gentlemen lets continue doing the rides and car washes for POAT but don't fall for advertising like these. It is an insult.

10-23-2007, 05:20 AM
Guys you can defend the department or you can slander the department and say the truth about what really is going on within. This place has changed alot and its not what it used to be. The staff does not give three shits about the officers or there concerns. So you guys out there, that have been working for a couple of weeks and think that your veterans. Well, first of all your not. Second of all, for the first time since I have been there we have 6 officers leaving to other departments within the next couple of months. The reality is, if things were good no one would be leaving. No one has left yet, but once the individuals leave I am sure the truth about our department will be realized by everyone. We do not work for heaven on earth. So get off your high horse and realize your surroundings. This department does not care about its officer and we go out of there way to fazugie any one of us.

Dude, no department cares about their personal. All they care about is public perception. We are just a bunch of spoiled cops that are used to doing nothing, for the most part. Really, for the exception of AIU, how many calls do we really respond to? Give me a break. As for the fine young officers that plan on leaving, Good Luck! I really hope u guy's understand that proactive police officers always get burned. I don't care were your at, people will complain. I know of a lot a good cop's that got 39'd while trying to place criminals in jail....Time will tell

10-23-2007, 10:39 PM
ok based on readings the posts, it sounds like it is slow. which is good, good are there chances to make money o.t. extra duty jobs? and are they available on a regular basis and what is the rate? any info on the retirement system cause i can't find anything

also, any qouta type principles/idea system?

12-29-2007, 01:09 PM
ok, based on the readings.......your a dumb cop if your still interested

12-31-2007, 07:37 PM
nicely put. this is very true. i have been with the department for three years, and i like it a lot but you do speak the truth. believe me all departments have lots of problems. this is not a bad department its just the assholes that run it.

12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I am interested in applying for the CGPD, but I am starting to have some doubts after reading a few of the posts. Would current CGPD officers recommend for me to appply or not? Thank you in advance for your honest responses.

01-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I am interested in applying for the CGPD, but I am starting to have some doubts after reading a few of the posts. Would current CGPD officers recommend for me to appply or not? Thank you in advance for your honest responses.

Run away as fast and as far as you can!

03-07-2008, 02:36 PM
How long is the process for lateral PO. After how long you get the take home?
whats the average OT hours you make in a week> 8)

03-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Dude, believe it or not, it took me 3 to 4 months being a certified PO. You have your take home vehicle assigned within the first week or so, to place all of your gear, You use your vehicle during FTO, depending your FTO and on the last day of your FTO phase, you take it home. As far as the OT, it comes in spurrs. There are off duties, and you can do some OT if it is available. Hope you find this useful. Great department..... overall.

03-08-2008, 02:43 PM
thanks for the info

05-09-2008, 06:04 AM
Man you guys are all babies. Down talking your dept. the way that you are. Just when you think the grass is greener somewhere else, go read other PD posts

In the Dade County Law Enforcement community, even nowadays, CGPD is revered as being one of the best, if not the best PD in Dade County.

I only wish that I could work in such a fine Department.

I could do without DelValle though, but everyone else is QRU to me!!!

J>>>ie

05-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Man you guys are all babies. Down talking your dept. the way that you are. Just when you think the grass is greener somewhere else, go read other PD posts

In the Dade County Law Enforcement community, even nowadays, CGPD is revered as being one of the best, if not the best PD in Dade County.

I only wish that I could work in such a fine Department.

I could do without DelValle though, but everyone else is QRU to me!!!

J>>>ie

I know who you are (Outside CG Motorman)... Thanks for the comment about us. You've always been QRU with us too!

11-19-2008, 06:20 PM
how many openings you guys have?

12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I heard 5, but remember 4 might be relatives!!!!!!!!! :devil:

12-20-2008, 08:54 PM
One of our young po's told me the other day that he was applying with Miami PD. We are going down the toilet, the Mayor doesnt care a bit that we are going to have a hard time getting new applicants. And another rumor i heard, do to staff issues, special units are going to be 07.
The City of Miami is processing three of our officers.

12-22-2008, 03:31 AM
I am glad they are leaving, They need to go if they want to get ahead. Between the 2 to 3 specialized units and the minimum 3 year Midnight shift thing we got going here then every new guy wants to get the hell out of here. That lateral PPO status thing is Bullsh*t, some of these lateral have more experience than some of our own officers. If they were PO's before they need to get on Mids and stop blocking up these nice cushy slots, and let the officers that have paid there dues on mids change to a different shift.

12-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Never heard of a lateral PPO, what does that mean exactly?

12-23-2008, 11:28 PM
thats not a status thing PPO means Probationary Police Officer or something like that, thats what your called until you get off probation which i think now is like a year after u get hired.

04-14-2009, 04:43 PM
when r u going to start hiring?

04-16-2009, 12:25 AM
No room to advance all specialized and GIU units stocked with people going nowhere and the administration can't see how it chokes the P.D. Not the place for a new hire at all !!!

10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
Have you guys heard, when are we going to start hiring?

10-05-2009, 01:09 PM
run to the city or metro not here.............. havent you been reading the post!!!!!!! **** dude you must be retarded!

10-07-2009, 02:51 AM
This dept. is going downhill. Especially when the people that are supposed to be heading it in the right direction are the ones breaking rules. One Maj. regularly drives his city car like it is his personal vehicle, taking it on road trips at least once a month, because he would rather not buy his own car. But will put down any officer that does the same. This dept. was once worried about the conduct of it's management yet now turns its head at the fact that one major had an inappropriate relationship with someone he supervises that ultimately ended his marriage and continues to protect despite showing that she is unstable. one that many people know about yet if they question or talk about it are threatened or reprimanded.

How can someone so unethical lead this department in the right direction? How can this department go in the right direction with management like this?