PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to Hear

05-15-2007, 01:20 PM
I find it sad to hear all the in-fighting going on within the CCSO. I only spent 5 years there and found that the majority of Deputies are Hero's. I left the CCSO for personal reasons. I never really thought the grass would be greener on the other side and found out that it really isn't. What I did find is that no matter the size of your agency there is always back stabbing and rumors. I left the small department I was working for here in Vermont. I could not take the political BS and the lack of support for officers. those of you who are on here night after night complaining about admin or the sheriff or your fellow deputies should think about who is reading this blog. This is actually a public forum. With all the bad press in the Naples Daily News you are giving the citizens of Collier County more of a reason to talk about you or hate you.
If there is a one thing I always tell people about my experience in the big department is that the men of the CCSO are hero's for what the endure every shift. If I had one bad thing to say about the CCSO is that some people can never be satified.
I know I said I wouldn't post here again but, after reading the lies in the Naples Daily News last week and reading these blogs I became worried. I miss the CCSO very much. I wish things had been different. Because I couldn't sit back and watch crimes being committed or stand by and watch the States Attorney let people go for crimes they committed just because their parents were important people in the community, I had to leave. If my family would let me I would be back in Collier in 5 mins. My point is, be happy where you are. If you aren't there is always Walmart. They have great benefits. If you don't like the way things are run, do something to change it. Don't just come on a public site and run your suck thinking that someone will change it.

Steve DePalma
"Lead, Follow or get out of the way"

JulieAnna
05-15-2007, 03:27 PM
:) Words of Wisdom- Thanks Steve!:)

05-15-2007, 05:10 PM
the best thing that could happen to the CCSO is for a new sheriff and new admin to take over. get ridd of the good old boys and the tribal clickks and bring some consistency and new ideas and a clear perspective. get rid of the rose colored glassses so many wear every day and all the koool aid so many drink.

05-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I believe the things that you recall so fondly are gone. The atmosphere of esprit decorps has been replaced by fear, distrust and insecurity. Stay with your family and keep them safe...when we leave we'll bring the flag with us.

JulieAnna
05-16-2007, 03:43 AM
retnuh- When are you going to register your name? Are you afraid someone might figure out who you are?

05-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Let me fix something I wrote earlier. The statement I made about the states attorney and no support for officers was directed to Vermont Law Enforcement and not Collier County.

As for retnuh, you seem to be a disgruntled person when it comes to the CCSO. If you want a new sheriff or don't like the good ol' boy system, Leave. There are plenty of departments out there looking for new blood. Someone stated that the espirt de' corps is not there anymore. I find that hard to believe. What I do believe is that people are mad that others are getting promoted because of ass kissing instead of there actual accomplisments. No matter where you go, you are going to find that. Whom ever takes over for Sheriff Hunter will do the same. He will surround himself with his supporters and relieve those who do not support him. Its the same in any sheriffs office or PD.

Be glad for where you work. Be glad you have an agency that has money and a support system. If you don't like the politics of the agency run for sheriff. I can assure you that you will spend a lot of money to be defeated by Sheriff Hunter. For whatever faults her may have, you have the best equipment, pretty high pay,decent benefits and you don't have to pay into your own retirement. I was making 16.80 here in Vermont and that is with experience pay, I had crappy benefits that would hardly cover medical, I had to pay into my own retirement. Believe me when I say you have it good. Take scumbags to jail, and go home to the family at night and leave the politics to someone else. You have three choices, LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT THE WAY!

Steven DePalma

05-16-2007, 07:15 PM
sounds like somebody is puckering up to reapply....

05-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Puckering up? I don't think so. Re-apply......? I don't think so. I would love to and I don't need to pucker for anyone.

05-17-2007, 01:55 AM
*sigh* *heavy sigh* we are still thinking about registerin. some people do know who my pals and me are. relax as it might happen soon. i remember steve but did not know him very well. of course i got more time on the crapper than he has as a cop -- no offense meant by that -- and i have been with the CCSO for a very long time. i am not disgruntled and love the CCSO. I will not leave until it is my time to leave. in the mean time i will work to make things here betterr. i am not a quittter. things are good here but could be a wholee lot better. as a favor to you all i will not repeat this time what i think is the number one improvement that cann be made here. :) it is part of our job to try to make things better and to not simplly ignore whats been happening heree for so many years. the guest had it right when he said there is fear distrust and no espre de core. we are crumblin and it all starts at the top and in the top litle tribes. ok, i guess i am done for tonigt. got to work tomorroow.

05-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Hey retnuh...does Juliana even work as a Deputy at your department? I already know the answer to that so don't worry what some citizen wanna be says.

JulieAnna
05-17-2007, 03:36 AM
[quote]Hey retnuh...does Juliana even work as a Deputy at your department? I already know the answer to that so don't worry what some citizen wanna be says.

Guest- Who are you referring to as a citizen wanna be?

shrek
05-17-2007, 03:42 AM
I think the main reason for no espre de core is the lack of good music in patrol cars. All the radio stations suck.

The sheriff needs to install Sirius radios in the fleet vehicles if he expects us to be true warriors.

If the UNION can promise me some good tunes I might even join. :shock:

05-17-2007, 09:38 AM
he already has a bunch of electronics in your car you don't know about

05-17-2007, 12:01 PM
retnuh - you made your last post at 8:55pm. Judging by the spelling errors (Which is out of character for you) I believe that I need to remind you of the hazards of drinking and typing.

Thats pretty early in the evening to tie one over :shock:

05-17-2007, 12:33 PM
What the heck is wrong with you guys? Take a chill pill.

05-17-2007, 12:42 PM
i ask the gohsts of noah webster and jim beam to forgive me.

roflmao :lol:

by the way juleeanna is okay by me.

JulieAnna
05-17-2007, 03:51 PM
Thanks Retnuh. I appreciate the positive comment about me. :) Have you met me in person, retnuh? Do I know you?

05-17-2007, 09:20 PM
don't mention taking pills...touchy subject around here that lead to condescending blue emails.

05-18-2007, 01:11 AM
are there blue emails that are not condescending?

05-18-2007, 05:01 AM
Steve we thought you were done posting here. You are not here anymore....just leave already!!!!

Curios George
05-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Steve we thought you were done posting here. You are not here anymore....just leave already!!!!

This is probably the most insensitive and ridiculous post that I have ever read here. I do not believe anyone has a problem with Steve except for you!! I know Steve very well and always enjoy hearing from him. He is a true gentleman who has put his family needs above his own.

You are a true: http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-g ... y-0001.jpg (http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/farm-animal-pictures-breeders-babies/donkey-pictures-breeders-babies/pictures/donkey-0001.jpg)

Paradise
05-19-2007, 02:07 PM
I agree George. Steve is a great cop and family man. I enjoy hearing from him on this forum. I wish more people who left the agency would let us know how they are doing. Once you are family, it is hard to say goodbye forever...

Keep posting Steve! Don't validate this persons comments with silence!

Stay safe my friend!

05-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Julie. to answer your question, have you and me met in person? well, maybe yes. i maybe meann no. i mean maybe. Do you know me? well, maybe yes. i mean maybee no. i mean maybe. are youu trying to figgure out who i am? is it reallly that important to know the secrett of my identitty? hehehehehe 8)

JulieAnna
05-19-2007, 04:03 PM
retnuh- You have a point. I don't really care who you are. I am not even sure why I bothered to try and find out. I must have been bored!

JulieAnna
05-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Steve is a really nice guy who has definetly given up alot (including his career) and put his family first. Maybe you should take some pointers "Guest". You could learn alot from Steve. Any man willing to give up their dream in order to keep their family together has all my respect. We miss you Steve!

05-19-2007, 06:32 PM
hey, leave guest alone

05-20-2007, 02:29 AM
Guest,
Sorry if my post bother you. I have a soft spot in my heart for the CCSO and won't stop reading. I won't post as often but never the less, what happens there does concern me. I have family there to include members of the CCSO.

Retnuh, you said you had more time on the crapper than I have on the job. I can think of about 100 come backs for the crapper comment but won't lower myself. This is a blog and I was voicing my opinion. If you don't like what I say, skip over my post.

P.S.
Air 1 I will be home in Naples on the 30th. Let get together.

05-20-2007, 03:01 AM
Hi Steve,

I just sent you an email in regard to your visit on the 30th. See you then my friend!!

05-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Stevie,
It has been a very long time coming and still a few months away, but it finally arrived. I, Daniel Michalski, (aka Mongo) have received appointment to the Pennsylvania State Police Recruit Academy. I will be attending in Hershey, Pa for the October Academy. As with you, I will miss, and dearly, my friends and experiences from the agency, but time to move on and do what will be best for the future of my family. Make sure you see me when you come back
Dan

05-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Congratulations Mongo...way to go!

05-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Beautiful Mongo! Congrats, good luck hiding that beautiful mind of yours.

05-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Steve,
You're a stud. Get your ass back here and stop being so far away. House prices have come down and the grass is green here. Tell your wife that we want you guys back and getyour narrow ass down here before I come up there and make you:)

DevilDogg
05-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Mongo go away..... DevilDogg sad.... Me like Mongo.....

Dammit, another great cop leaving. MONGO, great news for you but bad for us. I hope that it works out for you and yours. I enjoyed working in D-2 with you and know that PA will be getting a great cop!

When you get up there, please continue to post on here and let us know how you are doing!

Be safe, BROTHER!

Paradise
05-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Mongo go away..... DevilDogg sad.... Me like Mongo.....

Dammit, another great cop leaving. MONGO, great news for you but bad for us. I hope that it works out for you and yours. I enjoyed working in D-2 with you and know that PA will be getting a great cop!

When you get up there, please continue to post on here and let us know how you are doing!

Be safe, BROTHER!

DITTO!!!

If things do not work out, you know you will always have friends and a home down south in PARADISE!

Stay in touch...

05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
we will miss you, but now who will the little general pick on?

05-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Mongo is leaving..???....well I for one will sure miss him.

05-22-2007, 11:37 AM
Did not mean to turn this into a Mongo fest.... just wanted to tell ya I finally got it... As for all posting, thanks for your thoughts.. you have me until October thanks to this terrible housing market, God I hope the sells quick!
More of Mongo's greatest moments to follow

05-22-2007, 09:19 PM
mongo hi-jacked steve's thread...hahahahahahahhaa

05-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Congrats Mongo, I am glad for you but sad for the CCSO. You will do great and wonderful things in PA.

As for the stupid comment about Mong stealing my thread, who friggin cares. Mongo's a brother, what is mine is his.

Drive on Mongo.

05-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Steve, if you don't mind me asking, whats on your plate for work now? Was the State Police in Vermont in the same general boat as the PD as far as lack of support, political issues etc?. What's the situation in the granite state? similar or depends on agency....? Know anyone with NHSP?

05-29-2007, 09:13 AM
what's on steve's plate? why, italian sausage of course.

05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
In response to Guest who asked " who will the little general pick on?" The answer is anyone who is taller than him.....oh wait....that means he will be picking on everyone.

05-31-2007, 12:59 AM
the green bookwas taller than him...that is why he stood on it

05-31-2007, 10:48 AM
Nice Guest...hoo ahh

05-31-2007, 11:29 PM
he doesn't stand on it, he uses it as a booster seat in his bmw

06-02-2007, 11:30 AM
are we bolo'ing for a little man in a bmw, naples?

06-12-2007, 01:54 AM
10,000 comedians out of business and you are guys are trying to be funny. I have been short for 42 years. If you think for a minute that you have a short joke that I haven't heard before, you are greatly mistaken.

As for what am I going to do now? I opened a restaurant here in Vermont and we are getting ready to open a Pub down town. As for law enforcement? I think my days are over. I am enjoying New England and playing a lot golf in the spring and summer and skiing the rest of the year. Law enforcement here is a huge joke. It's kind of like shoveling shit against the tide. The damn liberals here are enough to make you crazy. You never know, I could show up in law enforcement again somewhere. For now it's beer and wings.

To the sissy boy who signs on as guest and calls me little general. I take offense to that statement. I did my time as an NCO in the Army and I reserve the right to be pissed when called and officer. I recall that most people who make fun of the fact that I am 5 foot something are usually fat and can't see their boots. That would be the reason for the zippers on the sides of your boots. (makes it so he doesn't have to see his feet to put his boots on)

As for Mong stealing my thread....Hahahaha who cares. Mongo can have anything I have. That's what develops in a district like District 2 during the strong side of the week. It used to be called a brotherhood. Now I don't know what they call it. I just know it isn't for me. I miss the TRUE warriors of the CCSO. I don't miss the posers.

Be safe and Protect and Serve with pride and integrity.

Steve DePalma

06-12-2007, 05:03 PM
put down the bottle. i believe the "little general" referred to is a sergeant in d2. look for such references to the general and mongo, and the type of car driven. unless you supervise a six foot seven monolith, and drive a fine german automobile then it doesn't apply to you.

i bet you have to wear a weight belt to put the golf ball on the tee and hit it with you fisher price club (just kidding....we miss you).

fore!

06-13-2007, 02:51 AM
Steve, the references of Mongo being picked on were not directed at you. I am one of the ones over 6' tall and know you and worked with you at NJC. You did your job and did it without walking around angry that you were five foot something. I judge the man for what he is and not how tall he is. Mongo has been haunted since you left by an angry little man and that's where the little general comments come into play.

Now if you want to make something of it we can fight, but let me go get you a step ladder....hoo ahh.....just kidding...we miss you Steve and I hope to one day soon sit down with you hand have some wings and beer. Good luck in your venture. ( and i hope it's an Irish Pub)

06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
you should open a bistro...you're people are better suited for that then a pub

06-13-2007, 07:35 PM
A bistro? itz the same damn thing as a restuarant except in a "bistro" they can get away with jacking the price up because you know you're in a "bistro." (sorry one of the things I hate about Naples)

06-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Steve, will you be serving food and blog? Is there really a bistro- affairs.com? Will Mongo steal your thread there too? He needs many threads.

06-16-2007, 08:13 AM
Steve,
I applaud you in your efforts to venture into the food service world. You were always passionate about about crime fighting so why not carry that over to the new interest?? KUDOS to Depalma.
Mongo
P.S. I am stealing one thread at a time to construct my new training uniforms... this will take a while

06-16-2007, 11:17 PM
congrats mongolo.

06-26-2007, 03:21 AM
One thing that always amazed me about the men at the CCSO, I could never be completely mad for very long. Sorry for getting mad at the General Joke and if I am right about who is giving Mong a hard time then Mongo should squash him like a little bug.

As for the bistro comments, well that wouldn't go so well in this town. People here are pretty tight with money and the restaurant we have now has slightly higher end dinner menu. Time for wings and beer. Right now its in the investment stage and we are seeking those with big money to get involved.

On Sunday I met a guy in our bar wearing a 20 year retirement watch from Manatee County S.O. After talking to him for a while I really missed the job. There is no way I could ever be happy in Law Enforcement in Vermont. So I will do my part in contributing to the DUI arrests in town (just Kidding) You guys be safe. Mongo, call me when you get up here you will be just in time for Deer Season.

Steve

06-26-2007, 08:43 PM
you are a class act steve, but i heard you have to wear a weight belt to pick up a chicken wing...