PDA

View Full Version : FHP

veteranrookie
05-15-2007, 09:26 AM
What are these guys so angry about? Does anyone here have a good working relationship with them? So far, every trooper I've met is, well...not happy.

Curios George
05-15-2007, 09:34 AM
From what I see they suffer from what all cops suffer from; A lack of manpower and pay, except they are suffering more than us at the state level.

Most of us feel that we do have it pretty good considering the options and profession. That is why most of us do not share that attitude. I do not blame them and give those credit for staying when the grass is greener on the other side. JMHO

05-19-2007, 01:38 AM
The ones I’ve dealt with in the daytime have been pretty good. I usually have most of the 43 already down on a blue form (short form) by the time they get there. I’ve seen some people hand them a stack of DL’s, reg’s and ins cards and leave. I’m not implying that’s what you do, but that would piss me off too.

06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Its simple, we get no respect for what we do, we are not considered real cops, which is true to a certain extent. We also are very low paid for the skills that we have and the vast training we recieve.
Give us a break and handle some crashes yourselves.

06-02-2007, 05:46 PM
dont let anyonne give you any crap trooper. you are a cop and you have my respect. lots of deputies in the CCSO are not cops. justt look at our top brasss

06-04-2007, 02:38 AM
FHP what do you want to do if its not handle crashes? In this area traffic is all that is you are asked to do. I'm not trying to start a fight, but around here you are not dispatched to other types of in progress calls like Troopers are north and south of us.

ReelsouthernLeo
06-04-2007, 03:54 AM
FHP....I think that you would be surprised as to the amount of accidents that the deputies in the districts actually handle for you. The trend seems to indicate that the accidents of a more serious nature are turned over to your agency. There are many reasons for this.

Unfortunately, we are given the quick version when it comes to accident investigations training, which puts us at a disadvantage. In addition, there are many occasions where the calls for service will start to pile up in the districts and every deputy is vital to responding to those calls. Nevertheless, I am sure that my brothers and sisters will continue to take as many accidents as they can for you, but unfortunately since the members of your agency are considered the "Traffic Professionals" we have to do what we do best and the same goes for you.

06-04-2007, 10:59 PM
I find it funny that the CCSO Deputies are taking crashes on the freeways, major injury accidents on the streets within the county, and calls for service on the highway (freeway). More times than not FHP is not available, although when I see them sitting at the toll booth I tend to call bull shit on that. We can only carry you so far.

veteranrookie
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I retract my above made statement (or at least the negative connotation of it). I've met a "squared away" trooper since that comment was posted. I was impressed with this trooper and the way he carried himself around his CCSO counterparts. Nice guy and was well liked by the guys in our agency who were present.

and I'm pretty sure I didn't have my rose colored glasses on that day, too!