PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment with our City Leaders

05-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Say it isn't so... now a Captain is leaving ZPD!

1 1/2 years ago we lost a Sgt. with 14 years of dedicated experience and now were losing a captain with 17 years of experience. What the hell is it going to take for someone to wake up and do something with this chief that is running excellent officers from our ZPD?

We the people of Zephyrhills believe in our City Manager and City Council but our confidence in those leaders has been completely lost. I and others in this city will remember who's running this city when the next election comes.

If the city manager does not do anything on this then the council needs to hold him accountable and step in.

As for the ZPD officers and staff, I'm very sorry this is being ignored. There will be an election next April and I will be in contact with you all. We will unite and make changes swiftly!

Thanks for the service you all provide and try to keep your heads up. For the Sgt. and the Captain that left and will be leaving due to this chief, may God be with you and your family and above all, BE SAFE!

[/b]

05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Hey voter,

Here is some more fuel for the fire.. has anyone seen the 3 new police cars in the police department parking lot ?...does the city council or city management know that we have them or better yet, WHO is going to pay for them and the stuff inside of them ??????. Oh I guess the chief was "foggy" about ordering cars from outside the state contractor, ordering the accessories from outside state contract..again..sounds like the tazer issue all over again. This time though the chief made sure that the captain ordered everything and signed off on it to cover his tracks but oh wait there are emails showing he told the captain to do it...rutro scooby..forgot about that being public record.. As far as the captian with the experince leaving, maybe the city manager will wake up and offer him the chiefs job he should have been offered in the first place, before he moves

05-14-2007, 03:47 PM
Well I know the chief held his composure and tried hard not to do back flips, he's so happy he cant stand it well let me let you know chefy when you talk to the reporters about this tragic time for ZPD because it is tragic he is one of the best guys in the business, let me remind you how you laughed about it to others, and how you said you knew it was comming, how you arnt sorry and will not ask how you can fix this. How about the relief you have because he is better than you! Let me remind you how he knows the laws and your ignorant and dangerous ways will go unnoticed because this will be a serious probe in the department. I suggest you start sweating now, you are a dirty old man with a dirty old past that is soon catching up to you!
Just not to long ago you said something to the effect that you were going to try to work on your relationship?????? I for one would like to know how you worked on it? I guess they all should take your advice and quit boy wouldnt that look good for you! Well the bright side of this is maybe he will confirm all the alligations against you, you know since you arnt going to try to fix it I hope he gets the last word and we get the last laugh!
I want you to know that YOU ABSOLUTELY SUCK!

05-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Quick Steve fire this chief so we can hire a new one to help us out!!!

05-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Where is the proof? Who has the proof that the Chief has done these horrendous things that you guys talk about?

What wrong has been done? Really? Ok, so he went outside of purchasing procedures....Didn't he get these items for you?

Who has been hurt and don't just say it......Prove who has been hurt.....I dare say that no one can say that they have ANY proof that the Chief has done anything criminal and, if he has then you guys are just too lazy to gather the evidence that is needed for the city leaders to do anything anyway. You bunch of cry babys.

You won't find the evidence that the chief has committed not even an ordinance violation. Prove it and make it publicly assessable or SHUT UP !

05-16-2007, 09:59 PM
It doesnt matter if he got the things for officers or not you said it yourself he went outside of the purchasing policies and it was wrong why have laws/rules/regulations if they arnt followed. I dont care what happens or if something does or doesnt happen wrong is wrong and he has been warned before. If the chief is wanting to be liked or even respected he has to stop doing this. People are thinking he will always have something to hide thats just my opinion.

05-19-2007, 09:24 PM
If nothing is done this time, then the city has set an example on how everyone else is treated in the city on a firing offense. The UNION is watching and this will be brought up again, believe me!

The moral at this police department has never been this LOW and the only way this will "change", is for a "change." There is no Honesty, Integrity or Trust in this chief. Fix the situation by asking for his resignation or fire him now!

We have reached the point of no return. DO IT NOW!!!!

05-23-2007, 12:45 AM
It is easy to turn the spot light on others. I wonder how many ZPD officers would like the spot light turned on them for a little while?

Hey, why don't you start investigating them for a change? It might provide some comic relief.

05-26-2007, 01:17 AM
No, the spotlight needs to continue to be on the one that seems to be the lead problem child. It's the calm before the storm. You must discontinue speaking to people you believe that are on your side. Your thoughts on the replacement captain, you might think twice. Remember zephyrhills don't like you and your walking on thin ice. Time to look elsewhere before it's too late! I here brooksville is looking for a leader or in your case, another liar.

05-26-2007, 03:44 AM
I called it, and made people think I was grasping at strings...

Just want to ask chefy about that reprimand. Gosh you'd think you would have learned what three months ago! When you do illegal things it will come back to bite you in the end! You thought you got away with it but naa ah ah not this one and if I remember correctly the lil' lady asked for proof, she never showed on Monday and I couldnt give it to you so I took her advice and sent it to the right people thanks for the tip. I like how the city council acted quickly. So now I have proven myself I believe you wanted me to agree to be quiet the bets off but YOU can be quiet or leave this town that you call crappy.
See Clem may talk in circles and have a different english than others but Clem knows his stuff and when Clem speaks its all truths unlike chefy! I'm not here to make friends or rub elbows with big wigs if a major mistake is made I am going to talk about it and I believe that hiring chefy was a huge mistake I think Steve should admit his bad judgement, lick his wounds and move on instead of hiding out until he leaves the council.
The spot light is ready to be turned on another officer who is doing immoral things by hiding behind the badge but there we go again if chefy can do it why cant others? Its wrong and we all know its wrong but we need a good leader, theres complaints after complaints and nothing has been done who's fault is it the officer doing the wrong? Well he cant write himself up! No we need chefy to step up instead of turning away!
Now lets not worry about who the next captain is just yet lets worry about the next chief, one who will abide by the laws/rules and not take the tax payers money for granted! I want to let you ALL know I am here for the ZPD and citizens ONLY, that is my main concern, if I step on toes maybe I will get you to yell loud enough for others to listen and now I have a few ears I will CONTINUE!!! There is plenty more to come....

Love ya mean it...

05-26-2007, 01:44 PM
Chief Reprimanded For Error

ZEPHYRHILLS - Police Chief Russell Barnes, who in February violated city purchasing rules, was reprimanded Tuesday for a similar error.

The chief's boss, City Manager Steve Spina, called it an honest mistake. But Spina put a written reprimand in the chief's personnel file Tuesday.

"He didn't do things 100 percent right, but it wasn't totally illegal," Spina said.

Spina investigated the purchases after city council members received an e-mail Sunday accusing the chief of mishandling the bids.

Here's what happened:

Last year, the city wanted to buy six new police vehicles: three Crown Victorias, two Ford 500s and a Ford E-250 cargo van.

Per bid procedures with the Florida Sheriffs Association, the vehicles were supposed to have been purchased from three authorized dealers.

In November, however, the chief bought them all from one dealer in the Panhandle that was only supposed to supply the Ford 500s and the cargo van.

The $19,124 the city paid for the Crown Victorias was the same as other dealers offered, but buying them from the same dealer violated protocol.

In recent months, the police chief has come under increased scrutiny as police officers have complained about low morale. This month, the department's sergeants formed a union, on the heels of the rank-and-file officers, who unionized in January 2006.

In February, the chief admitted he goofed by retroactively asking the city council to approve the purchase of 34 Tasers when the stun guns were already sitting in police headquarters. Barnes apologized to the council but suffered no punishment.

Tuesday, Barnes said ordering the vehicles from the same dealer was a mistake and that he was reading up on city policies to make sure he follows the rules to a "T."

"To be honest with you, I thought I had done that, but obviously not," he said. "Now, I'm questioning almost everything."

First strike - Taser purchase
Second strike - 3 vehicle purchase
Third strike - Interior equipment (consoles) purchase

I thought after 3 strikes, your out!

Clem 2

05-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I have been following this site and others listed on Leo affairs.com and what stands out the most about the entries on the Zephyrhills site is the repetitive slandering, with the same theme theme, rehashing old news. If that's all the man has done wrong, the employees should be grateful. In an effort to improve working relations within your department, forgive, forget and move on. Being lower on the chain of command, perhaps you have not considered what it would be like walking in his shoes, under constant scrutiny, every move he makes being examined under a microscope, and interacting with politicians that can unseat him at a whim.
You keep bring up the purchase of the Tasers, if those tasers save one officer's life would the method of acquisition be a question. Now you have turned your sights on the purchase of new vehicles that in your own statement did not cost the city or tax payers any additional monies. Once again your Chief got the department new equipment.
I am sure, as human beings, those casting stones are not without sin.
Suggestion: Try working with your chief, make suggestions, share your work experience with him. A department's members should be operating in unison, as a team.

05-26-2007, 05:13 PM
you can't work as a team without a leader! He has proven time and time again, it's all about him. the equipment you keep bringing up is a waste of the taxpayers monies. i understood the vehicles purchased in 2003 should last 5 to 6 years. why are they being replaced? has to force increased that much? all those purchased ar15 and p90's what are they for? there's no swat team. i know chief, lets play the what if game. the chief is attempting to make the department look as though it's a big agency. another image thing for him. there's no guests or a chief from another small agency posting on this site to protect you, it's you! you have lost all the respect from the employees and it's time to move on. so if you want to do the right thing and if you truly care about zpd, leave and quit believing that your doing a great job, because you're not. being under a microscope is part of the position, deal with it! remember, it's not about the equipment it's how you went about getting it. either your still believing your the king and will get things the way you want to or you don't know what your doing, either way it's a big problem and should be handled appropriatly. good luck on your choices in the near future!

05-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Dear Guest:
Your assumptions are incorrect. Rest assured, if I was the chief, you most assuredly wouldn't be working in my department.

05-26-2007, 07:48 PM
dear guest 5:
rest assure, we don't want a wanna-be leader like you that has the same thinking level as the current chief here! i guess you must be the idiot. got things to do, i'm out!

05-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I've been reading through these posts. It appears to me that the underlying problem is that someone in the department felt he should have made chief instead of the council hiring someone from the outside, and that someone is going to completely make the chief's life miserable and drive down the spirits of everyone else in the department.
How cruel you officers are to your chief and other officers from other agencies that have posted hereon. I think your attitude is disgusting.
The original posting was regarding the loss of a captain. Belasic was the only intelligent officer in the department; he was probably tired of having to work with a bunch of idiots. And by the way, your spelling is atrocious! I can only imagine what your reports look like. It's no wonder every case made by ZPD either doesn't make it past invest at the State Attorney's Office or it's lost on a motion to suppress before the Court. You're a bunch of morons. You have no comprehension of the laws you're supposed to be enforcing, and you're going to berate your own chief??!!! You people are a joke, always have been.

05-26-2007, 08:28 PM
you want to talk about the officers not knowing the laws, i guess they learned from the best (reprimand). i guess the chief taught them well! keep telling yourself that belasic left due to the officers, wrong, guess again! i think there's more to talk about than the spelling. we the citizens of this city don't like y'all. next time you post, take a deep breath, there's so much emotional attitude 42 1/2! have a wonderful memorial day weekend.

05-26-2007, 09:45 PM
I've been reading through these posts. It appears to me that the underlying problem is that someone in the department felt he should have made chief instead of the council hiring someone from the outside, and that someone is going to completely make the chief's life miserable and drive down the spirits of everyone else in the department.
How cruel you officers are to your chief and other officers from other agencies that have posted hereon. I think your attitude is disgusting.
The original posting was regarding the loss of a captain. Belasic was the only intelligent officer in the department; he was probably tired of having to work with a bunch of idiots. And by the way, your spelling is atrocious! I can only imagine what your reports look like. It's no wonder every case made by ZPD either doesn't make it past invest at the State Attorney's Office or it's lost on a motion to suppress before the Court. You're a bunch of morons. You have no comprehension of the laws you're supposed to be enforcing, and you're going to berate your own chief??!!! You people are a joke, always have been.

The second paragraph is probably the most ignorant rambling I've heard/read in a long time.

05-27-2007, 07:17 PM
Rehashing old news? Where have you been? This is another illegal purchase, and we should be so grateful. chefy I wish you and your family would just stay off this site you guys are the only ones who say " Oh I stumbled on this site", "I have never posted here" and "Be so grateful or Stop crying you little brats" lady we are with him more than you ( wonder why that is) we've worked with him how about have him work with us for a change? Yeah he got the equipment, but ILLEGALLY..... does that not register with you people? chefy is in law enforcement and doing illegal things what do you all not understand? Its like talking to a wall. Does chefy forgive, forget and move on? We learn by example, so tonight over dinner you start with him tell him your requests and see if he is willing to do the same.... no 30 to 40 people should change their beliefs and their attitude when its 1, ONE person that cannot follow the rules cannot get off his pedistal, his high horse and you are telling us to bite the bullett because of his illegal and immoral ways, get freaking real! When has he tried to improve working relationships? You really dont have a clue, I wish you would move you hate this town anyway and you hate the PD talk him into it and just go! I believe the thought of chefy leaving is a sigh of relief inison, together as a team, read the posts I believe most officers are speaking as a team.
I WANT TO MAKE THIS CLEAR........ HE PUTS HIMSELF UNDER HIS OWN MICROSCOPE WHEN HIS ACTIONS BECOME ILLEGAL! WOULDNT THAT BE A SHAME TO DETHRONE CHEFY AT A WHIM, I am trying to keep my emothions under control with that note!
Hey lady just sit back and think what do all these officers have to gain? I will tell you a new honest Chief so take yours else where.......

05-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Oh, man, this is better than the soaps.
This is kind of like going to the zoo and poking a stick through the bars of the monkey cage just to see which one's going to attack first and how.
:)

05-27-2007, 09:17 PM
U SHOULD KNOW, YOU POKE AT FUZZY WUZZY WAS A BEAR AT HOME!

05-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Hey guys, it's me, the one who asked "is ZPD a good place to work?" You were all very wonderful in answering that question for me, so I've got another! If Zephyrhills PD is such a terrible organization (and I use that term loosely), then why don't you move on to another agency? I know that we at the Sheriff's Office are very bad off with manpower, so if you guys/gals are so incredible and smart, apply with us. Now, I know it would be an increase in pay, with many benefits you don't have now, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to leave. But, hey, the grass is always greener, right?
The fact is you guys don't really understand what it means to have real problems with your agency. From what I read here, you all complain about how your chief buys tasers without proper approval, or there are a couple of cars which were bought outside the guidelines. I'd venture to guess that you have no idea about the inner workings of an administrative position and would make just as many "mistakes" as your chief. Try worrying about giving the citizens of Zephyrhills the service they deserve, at a level you're allegedly qualified to perform. What is your jurisdiction? 10 sq miles? I bet it's not even that much. Heck, one of the zones with the county is bigger than that, and we work them most times without a backup! That's something to cry about.
For the record, I'm still considering my application with the city. The way I see it, anyone with a minute amount of common sense should be able to rise through the ranks in your department. I'm up here with 7 years under my belt and I know I've handled more calls this week than most of you handle in 3 months. Nothing against you guys, you can only do with what your given. But try to make the most of it and for the love of Pete, stop going on and on about how bad your Chief is.

WE GET THE POINT!

Stay safe, brothers and sisters!

05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
:shock: Wow more calls in one week than I handled in three months? You must be super cop. :shock:

05-31-2007, 01:36 AM
Hey guys, it's me, the one who asked "is ZPD a good place to work?" You were all very wonderful in answering that question for me, so I've got another! If Zephyrhills PD is such a terrible organization (and I use that term loosely), then why don't you move on to another agency? I know that we at the Sheriff's Office are very bad off with manpower, so if you guys/gals are so incredible and smart, apply with us. Now, I know it would be an increase in pay, with many benefits you don't have now, so I can understand why you wouldn't want to leave. But, hey, the grass is always greener, right?
The fact is you guys don't really understand what it means to have real problems with your agency. From what I read here, you all complain about how your chief buys tasers without proper approval, or there are a couple of cars which were bought outside the guidelines. I'd venture to guess that you have no idea about the inner workings of an administrative position and would make just as many "mistakes" as your chief. Try worrying about giving the citizens of Zephyrhills the service they deserve, at a level you're allegedly qualified to perform. What is your jurisdiction? 10 sq miles? I bet it's not even that much. Heck, one of the zones with the county is bigger than that, and we work them most times without a backup! That's something to cry about.
For the record, I'm still considering my application with the city. The way I see it, anyone with a minute amount of common sense should be able to rise through the ranks in your department. I'm up here with 7 years under my belt and I know I've handled more calls this week than most of you handle in 3 months. Nothing against you guys, you can only do with what your given. But try to make the most of it and for the love of Pete, stop going on and on about how bad your Chief is.

WE GET THE POINT!

Lets talk about what you posted;

A chief that violates city policy 3 times is not a problem! Other issues to come.

You speak of administrative positions, after 7 yrs. I'm quite sure you are an administrator and have knowledge on their duties, right?

You speak of us not giving the service to our citizens, you have room to talk. Out of ALL the calls of service you respond to, how many reports do you take, 1 or 2. Great service, I've had your office respond to my residence. Sub standard at best!

As for applying, go ahead an apply and hopefully you make it through the process. I bet there won't be a deputy applying, what do you think chief?

We do get the point, obviously you don't. If you only knew as much as you think about ZPD or do you?

Nice try, it's not working three star general!

06-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Why must you keep doing this to your self? Nobody feels sorry for you, well except for you! You dig your own hole and back right up into it. Why the blame? Why should they pick up and leave you are the one with the dirty hands (and mind) What you can do it alone? On the note of not knowing about the inner workings of an admistrative position ... obviously neither do YOU! So chefy are you saying that the officers that arnt moving up through the ranks fast enough are stupid? Way to talk about your department....
You are more ignorant than I could ever imagine, and I imagined the worst......
Just remember what I said it aint over, you will think your king all over and you will screw up again and I will be there to humble you......
Cant stand ya....
Mean it Clem
By the way who's Pete?

06-02-2007, 11:22 PM

WE GET THE POINT!

WOW, CAPTAIN WHAT-A-BE, COME FROM PASCO AND BELIEVE YOU CAN GO FROM PROBATIONEER TO CAPTAIN! YOU AND THE PET DETECTIVE HAVE BIG DREAMS, HUH? MAYBE YOU CAN ASSIST THE CHIEF AND PUSH THE OTHER CAPTAIN OUT AND BOTH OF YOU CAN FULFILL YOUR DREAMS. BE CAREFUL SPEAKING ABOUT US, YOU STILL HAVE TO WORK WITH US, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. A DEPUTY AT PCSO DOESN'T CARRY THE RANK OF CAPTAIN AT ZPD. TRY THE SGT. TEST IN TWO YEARS!

06-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Your right a vested Deputy at PSO has done more and seen more than a Captain at ZPD. Don't you guys promote to Sgt at about three years? Watch your tongues because after budget cuts you might be changing uniforms.

06-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Let me guess, your speaking from experience, huh? Everyone is an expert and knows which agency is best. Were all doing the same job, get over it.

06-04-2007, 05:28 PM
I stopped reading this trash over a year ago but someone called me and suggested that I read the latest articles that were posted.
Unlike the other contributors to this computerized rag I will identify myself and you can take it from there.
First off, allow me to clarify my position with my application to fill the position of Captain within the Department. I would not undermine another officer regardless of rank nor would I knowingly allow another to do so. The problem with this Department is that everyone sticks their nose where it is not needed or welcomed. Leave the administrative process to the individuals assigned that ask. You have enough to do “Serving and Protecting the Community”. You have no direct or indirect interest in the operation of the Department; you are a front line officer and should fulfill that obligation. IN SHORT “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS”.
As far as working conditions, you have superior equipment i.e., vest, weapons, and vehicles, radio systems, uniforms and training. On the average each officer receives the training that they request. Take-home vehicles save you about $6,000.00 a year. WITH OVER-TIME SOME OFFICERS ARE DOING IN EXCESS OF $50,000.00 A YEAR. Not bad for an officer with less than 5 years on the Department.
I realize that to make an omelet you must crack some eggs, but you may be cracking the golden egg and then where will you work. McDonalds or Burger King and then you can have it your way…
Now let’s talk about you! You are an underachiever that never had the nerve to confront anyone, “MANO-A-MANO”. You don’t wear a shield you hide behind it, as you did your mother’s apron as a child and your wife’s skirt as a man, as if you could find a real woman that could stomach you. If you have the brass to make statement as you do, for God’s Sake have the honor to stand for your convictions. Don’t hide behind an unidentifiable cover, if you would like to confront me? I would welcome the chance to debate with you. Don’t let an old man make a more of a coward of you. I don’t scare and I can’t be intimidated.
I don’t believe you have ever been in a position of responsibility, if you were most likely you crumbled like a month old cup cake.
Captain Belasic resigned for his own personal reasons and was not the cause for the problems that the Department encountered. The Chief did nothing but attempt to act in the best interest of the Department. You have the equipment you need to do your job, don’t you? Again CUP CAKE (that’s the way I’ll address you in the future), keep to your chores and let the administration do their job. There are checks and balances in place to address the issues, it is not your concern, responsibility or station to do so.
IF YOU CAN’T BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

Pet Detective
You know who I am! Who are you cup cake?

06-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Wow I feel sorry for you "front line officers" if this is the type of idiot that you have to work with. I think the PET DETECTIVE has a wee bit of god like complex. If that clown ever gets a position of true responsibilty then you all better watch out because I think that he or she will probably take out their personal problems on the "front line officers" and I can bet that he or she will probably lead by intimidation.

For my brothers in blue stay safe, for the PET DETECTIVE I think you may be a schmuck.

06-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Come-on CUP CAKE YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!! I FEEL LIKE I'M DUELING WITH AN UNARMED INDIVIDUAL!!! YOU KNOW WHO I AM! SHOW YOURSELF,OR HAVE I PROVEN MY POINT?

PET DETECTIVE.

06-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Dear PET DETECTIVE, if you feel that you are "dueling with a unarmed individual" then you are dumber than you sound. I believe that I made my point rather well, and that point being that you are on a ego trip.

From what I have read I noticed that the only point you tried to make was how great you are, and at that you failed.

I don't know who you are and I don't really care... I do not work for ZPD but I do support the officers, even if I do not always agree with some of their post or topics.

Is "cup cake" and upper case type the best that you can come up with. You are not very scary, and how did you come up with the title "PET DETECTIVE" anyways? Is it because you always "pet" yourself on the back? I bet it has something to do with pocketpool.

06-04-2007, 07:55 PM
Apparently, you must be one of the masses that in unaware with the inner political stress that is flourishing within the Department, or you would know about the title of “ Pet Detective”.
I too support the Police Department of which I have been a member for 17 years. I support all of the hard working officers that insure a safe environment for our Community and those who visit.
Your command of the English Language does leave something to be desired. There is a distinct difference between “pet and “pat”. There is no “s” in anyway and the phrase “pocket pool is totally uncalled for, juvenile and vulgar. Forgive me but I was under the impression that you would be a bit more mature in your choice of descriptive common nouns.
If you are in such support of the Police Department, I suggest that you talk to a verity of employees both paid and volunteer before making any rash statements or decisions. You just may adopt a less militant stance regarding the Department and the majority of the professional and dedicated people who work there.
I guess I have proven my point.
If you do not work fro ZPD, why did you sign off “Brothers in Blue”? WANNABE?
Best to ya!
CUP CAKE

06-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes I know the difference between pet and pat, again you are showing that not only are you a tard but you also lack common sense.

So you do not like the pocket pool comment, well I do not like being called cup cake so we are even. I know that if I come into contact with you on a professional level, which may actually happen, and you call me cup cake you will not be happy with the results.

Oh and by the way, I do not live in ZPD jurisdiction but I have family members that do, so that is why I have a vested interest in your agency. As far as my interest in you, I just like to pull your string and watch you spin in circles.

I think that it is funny that in your original post you tell people "IN SHORT “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS” but as you close your ramblings you state "IF YOU CAN’T BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!". A contradiction perhaps?

Trust me I will get more than enough info on you the next time I stop by and talk with one of your patrolmen while I am driving through Zephyrhills.

Peace out, Ace Ventura

06-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I stopped reading this trash over a year ago but someone called me and suggested that I read the latest articles that were posted.
Unlike the other contributors to this computerized rag I will identify myself and you can take it from there.
First off, allow me to clarify my position with my application to fill the position of Captain within the Department. I would not undermine another officer regardless of rank nor would I knowingly allow another to do so. The problem with this Department is that everyone sticks their nose where it is not needed or welcomed. Leave the administrative process to the individuals assigned that ask. You have enough to do “Serving and Protecting the Community”. You have no direct or indirect interest in the operation of the Department; you are a front line officer and should fulfill that obligation. IN SHORT “IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS”.
As far as working conditions, you have superior equipment i.e., vest, weapons, and vehicles, radio systems, uniforms and training. On the average each officer receives the training that they request. Take-home vehicles save you about $6,000.00 a year. WITH OVER-TIME SOME OFFICERS ARE DOING IN EXCESS OF $50,000.00 A YEAR. Not bad for an officer with less than 5 years on the Department.
I realize that to make an omelet you must crack some eggs, but you may be cracking the golden egg and then where will you work. McDonalds or Burger King and then you can have it your way…
Now let’s talk about you! You are an underachiever that never had the nerve to confront anyone, “MANO-A-MANO”. You don’t wear a shield you hide behind it, as you did your mother’s apron as a child and your wife’s skirt as a man, as if you could find a real woman that could stomach you. If you have the brass to make statement as you do, for God’s Sake have the honor to stand for your convictions. Don’t hide behind an unidentifiable cover, if you would like to confront me? I would welcome the chance to debate with you. Don’t let an old man make a more of a coward of you. I don’t scare and I can’t be intimidated.
I don’t believe you have ever been in a position of responsibility, if you were most likely you crumbled like a month old cup cake.
Captain Belasic resigned for his own personal reasons and was not the cause for the problems that the Department encountered. The Chief did nothing but attempt to act in the best interest of the Department. You have the equipment you need to do your job, don’t you? Again CUP CAKE (that’s the way I’ll address you in the future), keep to your chores and let the administration do their job. There are checks and balances in place to address the issues, it is not your concern, responsibility or station to do so.
IF YOU CAN’T BE PART OF THE SOLUTION, YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!

Pet Detective
You know who I am! Who are you cup cake?

I can't believe as a potential candidate for a Captain's position, that you would subject yourself and respond to this pitiful, childish rubbish! This is a reminder of the way the chief of police handles his discontent. Maybe you are the best candidate for the position, you will fill in quite perfectly with this chief! Does this Captain's position go to the city manager or council for approval? Please let me know, I'll save the rest of my opinion for that date! Unbelievable, no wonder there's issues at ZPD! Good luck officers, I feel your pain!

06-09-2007, 11:06 PM
[/quote]I can't believe as a potential candidate for a Captain's position, that you would subject yourself and respond to this pitiful, childish rubbish! This is a reminder of the way the chief of police handles his discontent. Maybe you are the best candidate for the position, you will fill in quite perfectly with this chief! Does this Captain's position go to the city manager or council for approval? Please let me know, I'll save the rest of my opinion for that date! Unbelievable, no wonder there's issues at ZPD! Good luck officers, I feel your pain![/quote]

Watch out for people exhibiting annoying traits of childish behavior or pettiness.