PDA

View Full Version : The Fix Is In!!!

05-12-2007, 03:20 AM
The fix is in

Well, it looks like the dealine for CIS memos has passed and three candidates put in for it.

One SPO and two officers have submitted memos for CIS. I have heard from good sources (Supervisors and others in the know) that the choice has been made and the Selection Board is a mere formality. The fix is in! The whole thing is rigged. The other two officers have no chance and I have heard this from the lips of supervisors.

I feel especially sorry for the one candidate, you know the one who is completely more qualified than the "Mafia" candidate. The one who likes to catch the bad guys and would do anything for this community.

The other candidate, the New Yorker, is a good guy, but CIS was really his second choice after Crime Prevention.

I have more bad news for the other two candidates, they won't be getting the next CIS opening either! That has already been pre determined as well. That spot will be going to a certain Special Ops officer as soon as another detective can be run out of there.

The Mafia candidate just left a specialized position and due to his Special Ops connections, he'll be getting another one. It all works out, his good buddy is now in charge of that section and soon it will be stocked with PPPD's "Most Connected".

I guess in the end I'll be happy to be rid of the "Back Up King" (Going strong since 1997). It's just messed up that this whole thing has been rigged and is completely unfair. If I were the other more qualified, yet less connected candidate, I would speak directly to C-1.

Again, if you think I am making this up I have heard this from supervisors and the others in the know. The x94 King hasn't given a poop about investigations in years but every time I go x8 I see him talking with a detective, obviously campaigning.

Why can't merit ever decide anything?

I know this won't change anything but I wanted them to know that we know and that we aren't stupid.

Disclaimer: I know I can leave here if I don't like it.

05-12-2007, 07:10 AM
I am sure you are the same person who in the past said it would only go to a SWAT person.

You are full of crap...I am sure I heard that from a supervisor too!

:roll:

05-12-2007, 10:27 AM
You sound like a little child. a disgruntled gossip baby. I've been here for some years. You get positions based on your merit, and you are a sore loser and belong in a coffee clatch gossip club. You are a tarnish and dis credit to your badge. Turn it in. Your the one who doesn't get selected because of your misuse of sick days and your eval.

05-12-2007, 02:49 PM
You are also not one of the three who put in for the position. I know this because those three all have class. A trait you do not possess.

Either would be a credit to the job. You, not so much.

05-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Usually they do pick from merit....like the last K9 pick, but I too have heard that this thing is fixed. Other potential candidates were told not to put in and I have heard from higher ups and folks in that unit that it is has been already decided.

By the way, don't be too harsh on the poster because I know the SPO in question and chances are he has trashed each of you behind your back. I don't see how he would be a credit, he treats people like dog food and has no use for people not in charge.

I guess we'll see if the selection is based on merit because EJ far exceeds the SPO.

05-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Your post is much more civil than the original poster and only half consipiracy theoristic but I think your are wrong.

I challenge you to try and confirm one person who who was told by a person involved in the selection process not to put in. More than likely, the story is that of the three candidates that put in, the person who felt that way knew they would have little chance up against those three so they opted not to put in. Then spun their own decision by telling everyone that the fix was in.

I know others tend to agree with your assessment of who would be good and who not so much.

As for the original poster, I will be harsh because unlike your post, his lacked any touch of class.

I think like the K-9 selection, this will be based on merit. If it is not, then perhaps some critical speech is warranted. However, to be critical before the process has even started is nothing more than B.S.

Take the high road folks.

05-13-2007, 10:57 PM
If the result is not EJ then it wasn't based on merit. I for one am tired of earning everything I received. I'm gonna start kissing asz around here! LT, get an extra chair in your office for me! Me me me me me

05-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Someone help me out. I have been on the ROAD here for over 10 years, all shifts. I must have missed the readoff when we gave EJ the key to the city and declared him PPPD resident Super Cop. I am just at a loss.....I don't see it. Someone clue me in so I can stand in awe of him as well, because I am feeling left out! I mean, if he is so good, let's just slap some gold on him and let him run the shift, or at least give him the Corporal spot when 33 gets CIS!

05-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Lets not bash EJ, he can't control what others post.

05-14-2007, 01:03 AM
If you have been on the road for 10 years then you know who the "Back Up King" is. EJ works hard on his investigations and has since the day he started...he has shown he deserves it more than someone who has never shown an ability to investigate and is now campaigning like a fool.

05-14-2007, 01:38 AM
Let's call it like it is. Let's look at their stats from patrol. Look past the K-9 thing, where "Back Up" was basically run out of. I challenge someone in Admin to pull the activity from their patrol time and this should settle the score. EJ and Harry both hustle to handle calls, always have, always will. The other candidate worked hard to be the back-up king, while hanging with certain folks who could enhance his career. If this thing comes down to a fair decision, which I don't think it will, EJ should get the spot. Others have revealed information that makes us feel this will not be a fair outcome. I have been around a couple of years and have worked with 428,435, and 333. I don't think EJ and Harry are the best at our PD, but I do think they would make better detectives than the alternative. If the Admin stands by and allows "BackUp" to steal the CIS spot, I hope they are ready for the fall out. I agree the newest K-9 spot was fair, but word has it, if 402 had been healthy, this would have been another lock. The specialized spots should not be based on badge number or buddy-buddy system. Let's give officers credit for working hard and doing the right thing. I realize this is a mute point since the "fix" is in, but hopefully this sheds light for my fellow patrol brothers and sisters to watch because the circus is in town.

05-14-2007, 12:59 PM
" I don't think EJ and Harry are the best at our PD, but I do think they would make better detectives than the alternative. "

Ok, that makes sense. I know who the BUK is and I will agree with you there. Pull the stats, it's not that hard![/quote]

05-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Whats wrong with my EVAL?? And if I want to ushe up my sick time and still take a sick day, well it shaves the csity $$$.

05-14-2007, 01:32 PM
To Brass of PPPD,

I write this memo in reference to 33, who has placed his memo for CIS. As our leaders of the PD, how could you not see through 33 evil eyes? I mean what kind of lube does he use? Hell I don't care if I'm bashing 33 and no I won't say this to his face. I know how the system works, I truly do. If you think 33 is the best selection for CIS, I support your decision 100%. I have no point in this memo. I would never and still haven't gone to 33 for advice, leadership, concerns, investigations or converstaion. The man just puts a black cloud over anywhere he goes.

Sincerly,

05-14-2007, 02:17 PM
You are a coward and no one will pay attention to your "memo". Grow up and go somewhere else, who knows who you are, a rat, a snake. You are a shame to your family. Stop mentioning others ID numbers , what is your ID number, Snake?

05-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Please don't include me in this argument. My health had nothing to do with the last K-9 selection. Although I did not do as well as I possibly could have. I don't think, even at 100%, that I would have done any better then the person who was selected.

The only thing I want to add to this is this..I have been selected for a spot, and I've also been on the selecting side. It is very frustrating to get such a poor turn-out when application memos are requested. There is a lot of anger directed towards the selection process or the selection choices but for the past few spots that have been posted, less than a handful of people have applied. V/N used to be one of the most sought after spots and you couldn't even put in for it, you were handpicked, 2 ppl put in for it last time. K-9 was the same way, 3 ppl put in for it. I remember one time CIS had 12 applicants. Last time, 3 ppl put in for it.

How could you possibly get selected for something if you don't put in for it? Out of 100 ppl in this agency 2-3 ppl for any spot is ridiculous.

Even if you think that the selection process is "rigged" and the outcome is already determined. (which I can promise you that it's not) Put in for it anyway. Make the PD not select you, not the other way around. If you don't put in for it, the decision is easy.

People complain that there are not enough opportunities in this agency. The attrition rate for any position is natural, without rotation requirements. The last 3 people in my old spot, including me, left before their rotation was up. The same is true for CIS. Why should the admin be in any hurry to rotate people out when there is no one to fill the spot?

05-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Well put 402!! And since you brought it up, does anyone else think this "rotation" system is a joke?? Think back, just like 402 said, how many people have been "rotated out" in the last 10 years?? I can only think of a couple. 224, Rozzi.....Blessing, but right back in. Not a whole lot. Just about every position gets rotated by choice. Look at both of the motors, out by their own choice a year or two before they had to go.

Bike patrol hires a guy about every year or so along with CIS. This rotation is actually a negative thing and is cited by most people who leave the agency for bigger cities. And before you start your "let them leave" rhetoric just can it. Not EVERYONE that leaves is s shlt bag! We have had some great cops move on to other places and their careers took off thanks to the training they received here. The fact is, a lot of people think why should I become an "expert" in my field of (whatever) only to be chucked out on my a$$ in 5 or 6 years?

Look at guys like Nicholson and McKenzie. Literally experts in their fields. Chucked. And traded in for what?? 417? Who got the short end of the stick there? Galley, another recognized expert, only SPO'd because he knew he would be forced out. Ask him or 361 where they would be if they had a choice. Taking drunks of the road and doing a DAMN good job at it too! I am a patrol guy and enjoy it. I have never put for anything or been in a special position. I know where I'll be in a few years...you guessed it...pushing my crown vic. And smiling while I do it.

We do not need to force good people out of a spot. If they are becoming a slug and neet to be rotated then rotate THEM. When they forget that there is always someone waiting in the wings for their spot, rotate them! Then you are saving our time and money by having to make a new DUI expert, a new DRE, an new homicide detective or a new THI. Just how expensive do you think it gets to retrain for these positions every couple of years? There is one way the brass can start trimming the fat right there! Stop retraining a new "expert" every couple of years and reap the return on the investments you have already made!

05-14-2007, 07:29 PM
You don't want to know my i.d. # cause then you'd get embarrassed realizing that even though you want to, you can't kick my azz. It would be the other way around. I can post my opinion just like you and if you don't like it don't come on this site, PUNK.

05-14-2007, 10:57 PM
:lol: NOBODY IS LOOKING ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF THIS ISSUE!! HELL, WHAT BETTER A WAY TO GET HIM OFF THE ROAD AND OUT OF THE WAY OF GOOD COPS. :lol:

05-15-2007, 12:27 AM
wont Backup take a paycut to go to CIS? there is already an SPO in there or is there more than is being said? could there be plans to add an SPO? wow that could cause a bad scene. Is he willing to take a demotion? Why would someone do that?

05-15-2007, 04:42 AM
To my BROTHERS and SISTERS of PPPD,

For some reason this freaking board has become a bashing board / whatever you want to call it. Lets worry about the next contract. We need to come together as a PD. I make under $20 an hour to shag four S4's, 4 laptops, 4 written reports, and about four memos a week. I'm not complaining but gosh damnit WE deserve more for what we do. The PARK is the place to be. The tax reform isn't goingto happen. Our budget will do just fine. Who the F cares about the next CIS position, it's minor in comparison to our futures. WE NEED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

REST IN PEACE AMY NORRIS

05-15-2007, 04:48 AM
Excuse me??? RIP Amy Norris??? Umm this would be the same chick I bought crack from in her living room??? Please, burn in hell drug dealing POS.

05-15-2007, 05:21 AM
County NARC, you have that much time to read our posts at PPPD? STAY OUT YOU GREEN **** WAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-15-2007, 05:23 AM
PEN15

05-15-2007, 11:06 AM
It is important that B/U King is finally made to compete on his merits not his connections. CIS has never been and should never be the crony unit.

Didn't they learn their lesson when they put a less than qualified person in charge of CIS?

05-16-2007, 02:37 AM
Bump

05-16-2007, 10:43 PM
The whole thing is moot. They are not filling the position at all right now. Go to Alert Level Green.

05-17-2007, 12:18 AM
WAKE UP FOOLS, CIS IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE CRONY UNIT! IT IS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW BUT WHO YOU KNOW AND YOU MUST BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND NEVER COMPLAIN.........ABOUT ANYTHING!

05-17-2007, 01:27 AM
I see that post are being deleted again with no reason :shock:

Don't worry we know who the original poster is :wink:

05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
:roll:

MOD 37
05-17-2007, 01:52 AM
While there is no need to explain the reason for the deletion I will tell you that it violated the Terms as prescribed by the owners of this board. The person who posted did so in an inflammatory manner and posted the name of a current employee without knowing whether or not the statements they were making were factual. Please adhere to the terms of use of this board.