PDA

View Full Version : How long before we get our chance?

05-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Can anyone explain to me why so many people are getting to the road without spending their year in the jail? I've been here a lot longer than the new road officers, and haven't had the first chance to move out of the jail. Why isn't the one year rule being applied to everyone? Is it because we're just employee's?

05-12-2007, 12:42 AM
it is called nepotism my friend....

05-12-2007, 02:31 AM
Oh person of great hopes with serious disappointment. Rules are only important when those running the show want the rules to be important. The rules are a convenience for doing certain things and not doing certain other things. There is a long history of this and other unfair practices here.

It is time to get used to it and carry on or move on to greener pastures. It does not look like ther is any light at the end of the tunnel for now. Your only other option would be to sell out and get to know some of the right people.

05-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Who are the right people and who should be avoided?

Oh person of great hopes with serious disappointment. Rules are only important when those running the show want the rules to be important. The rules are a convenience for doing certain things and not doing certain other things. There is a long history of this and other unfair practices here.

It is time to get used to it and carry on or move on to greener pastures. It does not look like ther is any light at the end of the tunnel for now. Your only other option would be to sell out and get to know some of the right people.

05-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Only you can be the judge of that. If you are going to stick with this job find yourself a good mentor. Learn about the right and wrong way to do things.

Be your own person, you already know right from wrong. Don't get caught up in doing only whats best for you, especially at the expense of others. Do what you know you should do and don't do,,,, you get the picture.

05-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Hey dudes and dudettes keep your heads up. Sometimes things happen and people who haven't put their time in at the jail get to go to positions either on the road or other sworn positions. It happens, whether it is a county commisioner's son, cousin or someone else. It happened when I was in the Jail (over 10 years ago) and it will be happening 10 years from now. It is the nature of the beast. DO NOT let that get you down. You will get your chance and you will be a great officer, because you have worked your way up honestly. You will be able to sleep at night because you know you earned everything you get. These people come and go, but the real dedicated team players are what make this place the Excellent department that it is. Keep up the good work and stay dedicated to your work ethic. :twisted:

06-07-2007, 01:43 AM
bump

08-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Will we ever get a chance at testing for the road? I can't remember the last time a patrol test was done.

08-11-2007, 06:16 AM
I didn't think there were any openings right now?

08-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Ooooohhh the agony of it all...........

There will never be any road openings when you re-hire local dignitaries' sons and put them in patrol positons over those who have done their time in the jail and met the supposed criteria for consideration of promotion. (Did this guy EVER do any time on duty at the WCDC?) This is confounding to me because the general consensus sez this particular officer never was all that great the first time around.

Just keep your head down, walk fast and act nervous and one day boys and girls you just might get your shot at being the po po.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Hiring substandard officers because of their connections is nothing new. And neither is getting rid of good officers because they aren't connected. If they want you, they'll hire you, if they don't want you around, they will find a way to dump you.

Ooooohhh the agony of it all...........

There will never be any road openings when you re-hire local dignitaries' sons and put them in patrol positons over those who have done their time in the jail and met the supposed criteria for consideration of promotion. (Did this guy EVER do any time on duty at the WCDC?) This is confounding to me because the general consensus sez this particular officer never was all that great the first time around.

Just keep your head down, walk fast and act nervous and one day boys and girls you just might get your shot at being the po po.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

11-14-2007, 04:54 AM
EVERYONE COMPLAINED BOUT HIRING FROM THE OUTSIDE. WELL YOU HAVE HAD YOUR SHOT NOW IF YOU DIDNT APPLY SHUT UP. IF YOU DID GOOD LUCK IF YOU STILL DONT LIKE IT LEAVE WE DONT NEED YOU

11-15-2007, 11:41 PM
I agree with guest 456. You guys had a chance, and only a few took that opportunity. Just know that even though you are promised that big Sergeant's position at the detention center does'nt mean that you will get it. You have to go through the same assessment to get the position that SHE or the Captain promised you. Her power may be running out now. You may want to sit back and consider who really makes the decisions on promotions. Good luck to the ones who wants to get out from under HER little world, because her power will end soon!!! YOU CAN TAKE THAT TO THE BANK

01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Ok, I'm no whining because I've been at the jail for years and haven't made it to patrol yet. I love my job and believe to be well respected by my co-workers, both detention and patrol. I do feel for those who would make great patrol officers and others get bumped in front of them because of connections or other reasons. I also find it amusing that most of those don't work out. ex. the big tranbarger. But here is a thought. I hope someone at the top reads ths. I and others believe it would be great for the department to swear in detention officers after their year of probation is up. This would benefit the department in many ways. It would certainly help moral at the the detention center. We could save patrol and support officers time by serving active warrant ourselves to people who are already in jail. Also, I'm sure many would volunteer on our days off to ride with patrol, which would put more officers on the street. Then, when their are patrol/support openings,
the department could easily pick from these guys, who would already have some experience. Just a thought, but I and others believe this would help both the department and boost moral for those detention officers who would like to do more.

Unregistered
11-26-2019, 04:06 AM
https://www.wjhl.com/news/local/tbi-son-of-washington-county-tenn-sheriff-indicted-in-misconduct-case/