PDA

View Full Version : Moving

05-11-2007, 12:18 AM
I am a LEO in Florida for 4 years now and I need to move my family out of here because we can't afford it anymore. My wife mentioned Tennessee and I wanted to know if y'all could tell me what the certification process is for out of state LEOs, what the average starting pay is for around the state, and if y'all could recommend what the better areas of the state are to live. Thanks in advance for the help.

05-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey Florida person - you see lots of people have looked at this message prior to me responding to you (32 to be exact). Some of us have not warmed up to the idea of all of you outsiders moving here, some of us have. This is a great place to live and work and most of the people are really nice too.

I suggest that you contact the Tennessee POST commission for your certification question rather than rely on people in this forum to give you an accurate answer. The starting pay question,,,, pay is not anything like in Florida ,,, our salaries really need to catch up to other places but it aint happening anytime soon. Do a google search for police salaries and you will find at least one really good web site with that information.

As far as where to live --- thats up to you sir, you should take some time and look around ,,,, check online and do a personal visit to some of these places would be your best bet.

Good luck

05-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the reply. I know how y'all feel about people moving up there. I'm originally from Texas and being in Florida form 10 years I've seen the migrations. But thanks for the help and the infoformation.