PDA

View Full Version : turnover??

05-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Why is the turn over so high at pasco. We are losing officers from ZCI every week to Pasco. I KNOW the pay is better but reading all these posts it seems like its not a great place to work. I have 10 plus yrs and with our great pay raise the state employees received I have been seriously thinking but the $$ isn't the issue. I would just be worried I would be going to a bad agency to another. Every place has BS but really how much is there. Please respond. By the way is Page still the top dog in the jail

05-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Nope, Page left so his wife could get a high paying job working for BW. Now Head is the Big (in more ways than one) Dog.

Nobody wants to work in the jail. We are way understaffed. We are forced to work overtime. The Sergeants and Lieutenants have their special jobs, and their favorite employees to make their life easy. And by the way, don't even think you are going to work in the jail and hope to get out to the road. That won't happen. Why, you ask? Because they cannot fill the many many openings in the jail.

By the way, the road is just as bad. I think I heard they lost five law enforcement people in the last week.

Better place to work? Ask more people. You will hear the truth.

05-11-2007, 02:33 AM
The turnover is not that high considering a couple of hundred deputies (LE or Detention). There are also several brand new positions being filled.

By the way - several people, probabaly a couple dozen, have been transferred to the road over the last few years.

05-11-2007, 01:08 PM
thats because the turnover on the road is extremely high also.. LOOK ELSE WHERE, NOT A GOOD PLACE TO WORK

05-11-2007, 01:09 PM
http://supportyourdeputies.com/

05-12-2007, 01:28 PM
The turnover is not that high considering a couple of hundred deputies (LE or Detention). There are also several brand new positions being filled.

By the way - several people, probabaly a couple dozen, have been transferred to the road over the last few years.

I guess Gail Page is reading this website now! :devil:

05-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Why is the turn over so high at pasco. We are losing officers from ZCI every week to Pasco. I KNOW the pay is better but reading all these posts it seems like its not a great place to work. I have 10 plus yrs and with our great pay raise the state employees received I have been seriously thinking but the $$ isn't the issue. I would just be worried I would be going to a bad agency to another. Every place has BS but really how much is there. Please respond. By the way is Page still the top dog in the jail :cop: Look why would you want to work at Pasco County S.O. With a Sheriff who fires people who work all there law enforcement career at PCSO and white lets them go. Work your way up the ranks even now and you have no protection. Go South to a different SO and see for yourself. Stay away from here I wish I did. Now We must wait again for a New Sheriff and hope for the best.Again>>>>>>>>>

05-14-2007, 12:11 AM
Why is the turn over so high at pasco. We are losing officers from ZCI every week to Pasco. I KNOW the pay is better but reading all these posts it seems like its not a great place to work. I have 10 plus yrs and with our great pay raise the state employees received I have been seriously thinking but the $$ isn't the issue. I would just be worried I would be going to a bad agency to another. Every place has BS but really how much is there. Please respond. By the way is Page still the top dog in the jail

:cop: Look why would you want to work at Pasco County S.O. With a Sheriff who fires people who work all there law enforcement career at PCSO and white lets them go. Work your way up the ranks even now and you have no protection. Go South to a different SO and see for yourself. Stay away from here I wish I did. Now We must wait again for a New Sheriff and hope for the best.Again>>>>>>>>>

Sheriff White has not fired a Law Enforcement Officer during his tenue as Sheriff of Pasco County. Get your facts straight.

05-14-2007, 12:26 AM

:cop: Look why would you want to work at Pasco County S.O. With a Sheriff who fires people who work all there law enforcement career at PCSO and white lets them go. Work your way up the ranks even now and you have no protection. Go South to a different SO and see for yourself. Stay away from here I wish I did. Now We must wait again for a New Sheriff and hope for the best.Again>>>>>>>>>

Sheriff White has not fired a Law Enforcement Officer during his tenue as Sheriff of Pasco County. Get your facts straight.

True, however he doesn't need to fire anyone. Enough are quitting on their own.

05-15-2007, 12:41 AM

True, however he doesn't need to fire anyone. Enough are quitting on their own.

I believe he fired many people. How about the last administrations Captains and Majors? How about the HR Director? How about the guy that worked at the Garage as the administrator? There were many that were fired. Get it straight!

05-15-2007, 12:44 PM
And don't you have to be termd to go to appeals? That right there proves he has fired employees. The Sheriff has forced many to resign just so he isn't embarssed at appeals.

05-15-2007, 08:34 PM
He just hides behind those numbers anyway. Many have been forced to resign or face humiliation and worse. And COP Lt or Mini Me, you both know this is a FACT!!!!!

:devil:

05-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Don't tell that to Darlene Green,Tom Brooks, **** Ortiz to name a few

05-15-2007, 09:29 PM
ok this is a problem that we always face. The folks in Detention are considered deputies as well. There have been many DEPUTIES that were fired or told to resign or we will fire you. So considering that the sheriff has fired deputies.

Please remeber we are all family.

05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes it is a shame that the outsiders, and administrators, try to pit the Detention and LE personnel against each other. Lets all stand together against the outsiders!!

05-17-2007, 12:43 PM
He even had some people on administrative leave for nearly a year while determining they did nothing to warrant dismissal because he couldn't figure out a way to fire them... Ask a couple west side patrol deputies about that.