PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys do it?

05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
I guess I am writing this in order to get some advice. When our department first decided to sign up for leoaffairs, I thought it would be a great tool to discuss such things as officer safety, training, union issues, etc. Boy was I wrong! It has turned into the biggest slinging tool I have ever seen. For some reason, you guys are the only department that have found a way to keep it professional! You guys actually seem happy to work in your department and support your Chief...VERY RARE! How do you do it?

Let me preface this by saying, that I am really trying to find a solution for our large department to get the morale back on track. While this forum is not the only reason morale is down, it has certainly attributed to our problems. I would appreciate any help you could provide a brother in blue. As always...Stay Safe.

05-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I guess I am writing this in order to get some advice. When our department first decided to sign up for leoaffairs, I thought it would be a great tool to discuss such things as officer safety, training, union issues, etc. Boy was I wrong! It has turned into the biggest **** slinging tool I have ever seen. For some reason, you guys are the only department that have found a way to keep it professional! You guys actually seem happy to work in your department and support your Chief...VERY RARE! How do you do it?

Let me preface this by saying, that I am really trying to find a solution for our large department to get the morale back on track. While this forum is not the only reason morale is down, it has certainly attributed to our problems. I would appreciate any help you could provide a brother in blue. As always...Stay Safe.

We have a great Sheriff which helps keep moral high. We have a great contract with awesome benefits. The majority of people here love working here. The few who talk trash are disgruntled and the type of people who want want want and when they finally get it, it's never enough. As always I remember that we are each other’s keeper. There are enough people who hate LEO’s and for us to turn our backs on each other would be the recipe for disaster. The majority of us on here remember that and realize even if we don’t agree, we are a family and we will back our family come hell or high water. Like someone else always said, live each day like a holiday. Hope this helps and always be careful out there.

05-09-2007, 05:01 PM
As far as our contract/pay, we are some of the highest paid cops in the state, and we recently got a great contract...but morale has never been lower. I have spoke to some of our guys that have been here for over 20 years, and they can't remember morale being this low. This is troubling because unfortunaltely, the "f them" attitude does not lend well to law enforcement and leads to officers getting hurt.

Well, I appreciate your response, and seeing the way you guys handle your forum professionally gives me hope that eventually things will look up.

05-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Low morale is a direct effect of poor leadership.

It may just be your sergeants, it may extend higher.

I've worked in places with **** pay and bennies but great morale b/c the sergeants genuinely cared, were competent and led by example. Good work was recognized, slackers were harangued.

think about it and get back to us.

05-12-2007, 05:19 AM
Anyone who doesn't like it here can quit. Then you won't have to ***** anymore.

05-13-2007, 02:57 AM
aint no place perfect better listen as i say
if you thought there was perfect, you came the wrong way
this aint a bad job, drivin round takin calls
so think before you speak or you might take a fall
this sheriff aint the same as the others you have had
compared to the rest he aint doin too bad
i'm makin more and so are you
so stop sayin all this stuff that aint true

05-31-2007, 04:58 PM
I guess I am writing this in order to get some advice. When our department first decided to sign up for leoaffairs, I thought it would be a great tool to discuss such things as officer safety, training, union issues, etc. Boy was I wrong! It has turned into the biggest slinging tool I have ever seen. For some reason, you guys are the only department that have found a way to keep it professional! You guys actually seem happy to work in your department and support your Chief...VERY RARE! How do you do it?

You need to read this forum much closer. Ignore the antics from those who post here. They are NOT representative of a MAJORITY of the fine men and women who work for PBSO.