PDA

View Full Version : take overs

05-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Any word on taking over more police departments in the County, I have heard some rumors and want to know what others are hearing. Thanks.

fldeputydog
05-06-2007, 10:30 PM
I am still hearing Jupiter PD. No ohters lately.

05-06-2007, 11:11 PM
From what I know if the property tax passes, West Palm may be in our sites.

05-07-2007, 04:43 AM
West Palm...Never! That just won't happen. Jupiter is questionable. What's going on over there in Lake Worth? I heard their folks are still without a contract and a lot of their boys and gals are trying to head our way. They also seem to be unhappy with their current administration from what I'm hear'in. Are we going to take them over? And if we are, could we handle taking over a sizeable PD like that?

Sgtrodeo
05-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Last month a group of Sgt's myself included were tasked with hand delivering letters to every Chief of Police in the County.
The letter from 100 said that the S.O. was not looking to merge with any agency at the present time.

The way it was explained to me is that there won't be any mergers until will fill our open slots and get the laptop/camera issues up and running.

05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
There will be no more mergers til after the 2008 Elections. The concentration is complete Computerized system in cars (laptops/scanners/printers) & filling empty slots. If and When 100 signs up to run in 2008 and probably wins, watch out cities!!!

05-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Last month a group of Sgt's myself included were tasked with hand delivering letters to every Chief of Police in the County.
The letter from 100 said that the S.O. was not looking to merge with any agency at the present time.

The way it was explained to me is that there won't be any mergers until will fill our open slots and get the laptop/camera issues up and running.

Does the "any more mergers" include ones that were already in the plan? Maybe I'm misinformed, but I thought that GAPD was next... I don't know at what stage the negotiations were, but that was supposed to be the next "done?" deal... Obviously not as much of a strain on our equipment, etc., as the larger municipalities.

Should the tax deal go through at any level, wouldn't it be "prudent" (can't help but channel Dana Carvey as the Senior Bush) to acquire more municipalities? While it would put strain on our revenue and equipment, it would create a greater need (and justification) for greater revenue.

Last night, a Martin County representative was discussing the impact the tax deal could bring, and broke down how his divisions were planning for it. Keeping projections along the current budget, and a proposed budget if their revenue were cut by 40%, as well as another proposed budget, projecting a 20+/-% budget cut. He stated that their services (parks, museums, etc) would suffer... 911 Dispatch? Would not. He didn't clearly state how LEO would be impacted. Of course, this is Martin County, but a good peek at what might be to come.

05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't think Greenacres is going to get taken over. The town already has a solid contract. Greenacres did get one of those letters previously mentioned by the other poster in which the Sheriff told them there is no plan of S.O. taken them over. Greenacres is also hiring a lot of officers and will finally create specialize units they've always wanted to have. Another thing is they are going to hire another Police Chief when the current interim Chief resigns. This does not look like a police department that is going to get taken over by the Sheriff's Office.

05-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Greenacres has some good cops, but the majority of their admin are not KEEP them over there, we don't want em or need em.

05-08-2007, 09:12 PM
First of all for those of you who believe that there was a letter sent to any chiefs that is a bunch of junk. The decision to merge a police agency does not rest with any of the chiefs in this county. It rests squarley on the shoulders of the elected offcials of the city like the commisoners, council members and mayor, as well as town managers, if they have one. The chief is just along for the ride if it happens. Plus the Sheriff would have no reason to send a hand delivered letter with a sergeant when he could either 1) tell them in person at any of the various county chiefs meetings, 2) call them on the phone, or 3) put a stamp on it and mail it through the US Mail. Plus if he did have something that he felt was important enough to have hand delivered would he not seal it so you could not read it? Or, are you just so special that you are in the know? These ridiculous rumors are just that ridiculous. As far as WPB PD coming over to PBSO, never say never. You just never know. The bottom line is that when it comes down to the S.O. merging with P.D's, it all boils down to pure and simple economics. What will give the city more effective bang for their buck. So, stop worrying about things you cannot control and relax.

05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I don't know about you guys but I'll be the last entry came from a top Major in PBSO. If I am wrong ......well......who cares, this information is more valid then someone of the others I've heard. Nice reply and makes good sense.

Later

GO Seminoles #1

05-08-2007, 11:38 PM
As far as the Sheriff sending out letters to certain police department's about not being taken over...It is true! Greenacres recieved that letter and some of their officers have copies of it. What I am posting is a FACT!

05-09-2007, 01:33 AM
okay okay..........take it easy there big guy! We trust you......Were just all a little concerned reference this topic. If true as you state then we all shall wait.

Thanks for the info brother

05-09-2007, 02:14 AM
By the way tank...It's sister...Commo always know...remember that :wink:

05-09-2007, 10:39 AM
"First of all for those of you who believe that there was a letter sent to any chiefs that is a bunch of crap."

I posted that. Your post sounds like you are calling me a liar. I used my user name and anyone in PBSO longer than 6 months knows who I am.
I have no reason to post erroneous information or to do it with a screen name that is extremely well known.

If you wish to question my integrity please feel free to call me. My numbers are on the apps page.

05-09-2007, 10:41 AM
CORRECTION.
I posted that letters I delivered letters to Chiefs of Police.
"What" posted calling me a liar.

Sorry that my reply was a little confusing.

05-09-2007, 12:26 PM
"First of all for those of you who believe that there was a letter sent to any chiefs that is a bunch of junk."

I posted that. Your post sounds like you are calling me a liar. I used my user name and anyone in PBSO longer than 6 months knows who I am.
I have no reason to post erroneous information or to do it with a screen name that is extremely well known.

If you wish to question my integrity please feel free to call me. My numbers are on the apps page.

I know Sgt Rodeo and the last thing you should EVER believe is that he is a 'liar'!! Those of you that have been around for a good amount of time should also know his screenname and know that he wouldn't say, nor post junk. What would he gain from lying about the letters??? I also know, for a fact, from Sheriff, that it will be awhile before any more cities come on board as everyone is waiting to see what the tax issues are finally going to be and just how it will be affecting counties and the budgets. So for those that are questioning Sgt Rodeo... ... as I consider him a friend I take offense to you questioning his word!!!

Thank You, and now... Have a good and safe day!

05-09-2007, 09:51 PM
By the way tank...It's sister...Commo always know...remember that :wink:

Ahhh, Commo knows. Frightening as that may seem... CAD office has to prepare for the event of a take-over/district reconfiguration, with mapping, locations, and of course phone system routing, etc. There are certain things "we" know and some we're blindsided with, believe me :) We will also just have to wait and see.

05-09-2007, 11:58 PM
10-4