PDA

View Full Version : Join me in thanking the legislature...not really

Fl-007
05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
I read a prior posting that stated the main issue started from a subcommittee. The link with all of its members was attached, so I took the advantage of sending them an email (listed below):

Esteemed Florida Senators,

I am quite aware that by now you have received all kinds of responses from Florida 's LEO's, and some have probably been quite nasty. I refrain from such behavior unless absolutely necessary. If you did not have part in this most grievous action, please disregard this email.

For those of you who can claim responsibility for such a blatant insult, this message is directed solely at you.

I am a husband, a father, and a Special Agent. I serve with pride. I protect the citizens of this state. I go to work every day, and I love my calling. But, what I can't stand is the number of extra hours I have to work in order to feed my family. I did not choose this career path to become rich, but I at least expect to be properly compensated for the blood, sweat and tears I shed for you...and I am not alone.

Florida's LEO community serves you every day. WE are at the forefront, protecting the people. WE are the ones who work in the most God-forsaken environments in order to assure proper enforcement of laws. WE are the ones who must see people at their best and more often at their very worst. WE are the ones who have lost our brothers and sisters who have made the ultimate sacrifice. And now we have been greatly insulted.

Thank you. Thank you for making me realize that you do not care. Thank you for showing us that our efforts are in vain. Thank you for demeaning our fallen heroes. Thank you for making our lives that much more difficult...Regardless, we'll be here to serve with the same tenacity we always have, but with our heads held a little bit lower.

Our morale is down. We have been shunned by our legislators, and we feel it. Off-duty details will remain a regular part of our routines because we have been left with no choice. It is nice to know that we can provide for our families by having to go far beyond the regular work week.

I go to work praying that I come home every day. I try to make my family's future a secure one. The extra work allows me to do that now, but in the case my life is taken, who will work those off-duty jobs? I guess it doesn't matter to you, though...you'll give them a flag and call it a day.

Thanks for nothing.
I believe the PBA did what it had to prior to the senate decision to shoot us down, but now is when they need to really redeem themselves. They better jump on the ball FAST...I just don't think it's too late to revisit the raise issue. Waiting till next year is unacceptable, and the legislature must be made well aware of that.

By the way, the committee members' email addresses are:

carlton.lisa.web@flsenate.gov, alexander.jd.web@flsenate.gov, crist.victor.web@flsenate.gov, deutch.ted.web@flsenate.gov, fasano.mike.web@flsenate.gov, geller.steven.web@flsenate.gov, haridopolos.mike.web@flsenate.gov, joyner.arthenia.web@flsenate.gov, king.james.web@flsenate.gov, lawson.alfred.web@flsenate.gov, lynn.evelyn.web@flsenate.gov, margolis.gwen.web@flsenate.gov, peaden.durell.web@flsenate.gov, rich.nan.web@flsenate.gov, ring.jeremy.web@flsenate.gov, siplin.gary.web@flsenate.gov, wise.stephen.web@flsenate.gov

Stay Safe.