PDA

View Full Version : Florida PBA - It's always NEXT YEAR'S THE YEAR!

05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
What ever happened to this year? PBA, you let us troopers down AGAIN! You PROMISED us that you had seen the light! You PROMISED us that things would be different. You PROMISED us that we had the full support of the legislature. You PROMISED us so much and delivered nothing but cold pizza and a separation bill that means absolutely NOTHING!
You all screwed us for the last time! Say Bye-Bye! The contract will not be ratified! We will get rid of your sorry a$$es once and for all. Were we stupid for believing that you had change? YES!
IUPA did more for us in 6 years than the PBA EVER DID in 27, no make that 28 years now!!! It is a fact that can NOT be denied. The contracts and pay raises do not lie! Chris Knight sure wanted the PBA back in so he could control the union and he now controls it. Happen to see how many PBA emails he forwards over the State MDT? He's a piece of work! He never allowed the IUPA to pass messages on through the State MDT, especially those that aimed to get the pay compression fixed. He's a disgrace to the uniform. He sold us to the PBA and we allowed him to. We're idiots! We deserve every screwing that the PBA has in store for us.

05-06-2007, 08:16 PM
What ever happened to this year? PBA, you let us troopers down AGAIN! You PROMISED us that you had seen the light! You PROMISED us that things would be different. You PROMISED us that we had the full support of the legislature. You PROMISED us so much and delivered nothing but cold pizza and a separation bill that means absolutely NOTHING!
You all screwed us for the last time! Say Bye-Bye! The contract will not be ratified! We will get rid of your sorry a$$es once and for all. Were we stupid for believing that you had change? YES!
IUPA did more for us in 6 years than the PBA EVER DID in 27, no make that 28 years now!!! It is a fact that can NOT be denied. The contracts and pay raises do not lie! Chris Knight sure wanted the PBA back in so he could control the union and he now controls it. Happen to see how many PBA emails he forwards over the State MDT? He's a piece of work! He never allowed the IUPA to pass messages on through the State MDT, especially those that aimed to get the pay compression fixed. He's a disgrace to the uniform. He sold us to the PBA and we allowed him to. We're idiots! We deserve every screwing that the PBA has in store for us.

Well no one else in the state got a real raise either I guess.

05-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Well no one else in the state got a real raise either I guess.[/quote]
No State Employee got a pay raise this year. I guess hopefully Next Year now that we have the separation bill, the state will give us at least a 3-5% pay raise.

05-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Hope is all we have, because the Florida PBA has put the pooch screwing to us! :(

05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah, the Please Beg Again (PBA) union did it again. For all u trooper remember the speeach hat they gave when the Col. Knight was at the troop meeting, all they would say is that i looks real good. U pay PBA over 300 a year and they cant even get us a cheesy 3% raise.

05-08-2007, 03:20 PM
ya... IUPA, has done such great things for us. give me a break

05-08-2007, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the Please Beg Again (PBA) union did it again. For all u trooper remember the speeach hat they gave when the Col. Knight was at the troop meeting, all they would say is that i looks real good. U pay PBA over 300 a year and they cant even get us a cheesy 3% raise.

The PBA got what they wanted from Pruitt. A letter from him stating how powerful the PBA was so they could win an election. Where is Pruitt how and the powerful PBA. At a photo ops. Pruitt was one of the top people who got the raise shot down last year anThat is all they are good for. The separation bill cost nothing to get.

05-08-2007, 06:13 PM

The PBA got what they wanted from Pruitt. A letter from him stating how powerful the PBA was so they could win an election. Where is Pruitt how and the powerful PBA. At a photo ops. Pruitt was one of the top people who got the raise shot down last year anThat is all they are good for. The separation bill cost nothing to get.

05-08-2007, 09:47 PM
The reason we couldn't get our raises is because the legislature gave 60 million dollars to the new Florida Marlins Stadium, 25 million to the Florida Film Industry and I believe, 300 million to stop smoking campaigns.

Besides, Pruitt and Rubio have to put gas in their luxury vehicles to get back and forth to St. Lucie and Dade counties. Gas isn't cheap you know!

05-09-2007, 01:16 AM
The reason we couldn't get our raises is because the legislature gave 60 million dollars to the new Florida Marlins Stadium, 25 million to the Florida Film Industry and I believe, 300 million to stop smoking campaigns.

Besides, Pruitt and Rubio have to put gas in their luxury vehicles to get back and forth to St. Lucie and Dade counties. Gas isn't cheap you know!

Thats why we need to expose these people who struck down our pay raise and hold them accountable. When we all send our bonus back (lets hope we all do), lets be sure to mention these arseholes during the press release. Show them for what they are.

05-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Thankfully the attempt to fund Marlin Stadium, or whatever it's called did not pass this year. They'll keep trying though, one day they'll get it.

05-10-2007, 10:56 AM
ya... IUPA, has done such great things for us. give me a break

I suppose that getting troopers actual overtime pay, 40 hour work week, etc. meant nothing?
Oh wait, I suppose it can't hold a candle to the big time benefit of a fricking moustache the PBA got us...maybe they can get us a pierced ear to go with it next year.

Typical PBA foolish banter.

Take a look at your paycheck and retirement benefits...they will look the same for a long time to come as long as you're stuck with the PBA.

05-10-2007, 10:57 AM

Thats why we need to expose these people who struck down our pay raise and hold them accountable. When we all send our bonus back (lets hope we all do), lets be sure to mention these arseholes during the press release. Show them for what they are.

Never give money back, fool! Demand more!

05-11-2007, 01:49 AM
hey iupa idiot, iupa did get us a 40 hr work week, paid overtime (which they gave right back the next year), and 1-- 5% raise. woopy ****ijng doooo! all the unions are full of shit and just want your money. we should be represented by ourselves because i don't see any union trying to re implement the step pay plan. funding a step pay plan is the only thing that will fix this mess. so shut the **** up you idiot/

05-11-2007, 11:38 AM
hey iupa idiot, iupa did get us a 40 hr work week, paid overtime (which they gave right back the next year), and 1-- 5% raise. woopy ****ijng doooo! all the unions are full of shizzat and just want your money. we should be represented by ourselves because i don't see any union trying to re implement the step pay plan. funding a step pay plan is the only thing that will fix this mess. so shut the fazugie up you idiot/

If you take the time to remove your head from your a$$, you might do more research and discover that you made more false statements. It's idiots like you that keep the troopers from achieving the rewards they deserve. Crawl back into your sewer pipe. :roll:

05-11-2007, 06:33 PM
There are three critical issues: retention/seperation pay; step plan; and retirement benifits (health care...)

I do not see much movement on retiree health dues. And IUPA did NOT get the 40 hr work week, that was management who did that. How is it that IUPA got it....bottom line, if management did not want to give it, they did not have to. And by the way, it is not so great, as more AL is now used while working off duty. Before I could work back the hours I used for off duty, with 40 hr week I do not have an opportunity to. So it is a double edge sword. Go home IUPA losa!

05-11-2007, 10:14 PM
Obviously, you are not very well informed. I can absolutely testify under oath that it was IUPA that got the 40 hour work week. In fact, that 40 hour work week was negotiated as part of a memorandum of understanding with the Colonel when IUPA's first contract was ratified in 2001 and FHP found out that they now had to pay overtime and IUPA was not going to pretend it wasn't in the contract, like the PBA would have done. IUPA agreed not to enforce that requirement for only a few months so that FHP could arrange their fiscal budget to pay overtime. IUPA did that in return for a 40 hour work week. IUPA never gave anything away. IUPA always got a benefit in return! IUPA also got an additional 8 hours per week added to the maximum hours that troopers could work extra duty, and stipulated that travel time and unintentional extra work hours like court or a late wreck did NOT count against those hours. IUPA got troopers some very good benefits because FHP was in a financial bind because of that contract language.
Do not tell me that management 'gave' that to troopers. One would have to be a total idiot to believe that management 'gives' up anything! Never mind that the PBA negotiates contracts by sending management a pre-signed blank agreement with instructions to put in whatever management wants. PBA's own words were that ' contracts mean nothing'. You think you had no benefits under IUPA...wait until those non-benefits start disappearing and you're back on the 28-day cycle 160-hour work schedule. That is just months away...
Before you start spouting off just how much you know about IUPA...perhaps you really need to do your own homework. It's such misinformation like you are spreading that cost the troopers the best union they ever had.
Addressing the retention issue: Why should a young trooper stay in an outfit that doesn't provide any substantive pay increases or opportunities for advancement?
Step Pay? Get real.
Take a look at the PBA's UNFUNDED step pay plan! It took me 12 years from 1984 to 1996 to move up 5 steps, and I was one of the lucky senior troopers to top out. A step pay plan that is not funded is like the PBA, totally useless. Hence, we now suffer from a horrible condition called pay compression. Did IUPA work hard to fix it? Yes. Has the PBA worked to fix it? No...It could have been fixed last year, but the PBA paid Pruitt and others to kill it, because it would not have helped their underhanded campaign would it? Idiots. They didn't care for us, but for themselves. Oh wait, they did get us separation that they fought AGAINST for over 20 years. Go figure.
I personally hope these newer troopers get a full and complete dose of the PBA. The screwing from the PBA has only begun! Get used to years of no raises and loss of benefits.
However, let's not let facts get in the way of your ignorant rantings. Stop carping and come up with some actual facts to support your BS. :idea:

05-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I would like to thank all of the State Law Enforcement Officers who voted for PBA. PBA helped kill the pay compression bill last year and promised to get us the goods this year. PBA has a very long history of failing to deliver on their promises to State Law Enforcement. We are in for a rough 3 years.

Unregistered
03-29-2019, 12:57 AM
Same all crap!

Unregistered
03-31-2019, 04:08 PM
Same all crap!

It will get better when you learn how to spell.