PDA

View Full Version : Glad I got hired before the freeze

05-04-2007, 04:10 AM
I came from a major city, poor equipment and low pay.

morale was low and the equipment was lousy, The bosses were horrible.

Here the pay and equipment is good morale is a bit higher and I am still surprised when a boss is pleasant to me.

Should have left years ago.

05-04-2007, 04:29 AM
I am about to loose it with this hiring freeze...How long must I wait? Anbody? I am dying to leave the current PD that I am with...Any insiders can give me a hint on what's going on? :(

Been There, Done That
05-04-2007, 03:15 PM
I am about to loose it with this hiring freeze...How long must I wait? Anbody? I am dying to leave the current PD that I am with...Any insiders can give me a hint on what's going on? :(

Well, I am not an "insider" but when I made inquiries it was explained like this. The boss isn’t calling it a "freeze", more of a slow WAAAAAYYYYY down. Vacancies are filled on a "NEED" basis. The Sheriff himself looks at EVERY potential new hire and determines if the vacancy has an urgent need to be filled......To me that seems like LE and Corrections...civilian positions might be a little slower, depending on the degree of NEED. Not good news for people waiting and wanting, I know. One BIG reason given was supposedly some of the agencies we merged with were not paying their contracts. Only 1 was, we had to buy a POT LOAD of cars/uniforms & equipment to pass out. Supposedly a 9 million shortfall.
Hopefully, it will pass on October 1 when the new budget starts, depending on what our illustrious legislators do about the taxes....personally, I like the slot machine idea.
Anyway, hang in there people, this too shall pass.
Just 1 guys humble opinion……
8)

05-04-2007, 03:36 PM

Well, I am not an "insider" but when I made inquiries it was explained like this. The boss isn’t calling it a "freeze", more of a slow WAAAAAYYYYY down. Vacancies are filled on a "NEED" basis. The Sheriff himself looks at EVERY potential new hire and determines if the vacancy has an urgent need to be filled......To me that seems like LE and Corrections...civilian positions might be a little slower, depending on the degree of NEED. Not good news for people waiting and wanting, I know. One BIG reason given was supposedly some of the agencies we merged with were not paying their contracts. Only 1 was, we had to buy a POT LOAD of cars/uniforms & equipment to pass out. Supposedly a 9 million shortfall.
Hopefully, it will pass on October 1 when the new budget starts, depending on what our illustrious legislators do about the taxes....personally, I like the slot machine idea.
Anyway, hang in there people, this too shall pass.
Just 1 guys humble opinion……
8)

I always like your humble opinions