PDA

View Full Version : We the willing......

05-04-2007, 03:18 AM
We the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungreatful. We have done so much for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I have faith in Director Barnet and will hang in there. Off duty...where :?:

05-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Obviously you didn't get the memo. Director Barnet has allowed us increase our off duty mileage from 30 to 50. That will certainly help me in finding off duty work.

05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
lighten up, life's too short to be seriuos all the time. off duty, OPS and OT it's all available in my District and I don't mind working extra to get what I want. By the way I got the memo, thanks

05-04-2007, 11:18 PM
That is the whole point! We should not have to work extra to make the money that we should be getting paid to start with. You work off duty to buy the extra's, the upgrades, the luxuries that you normally can't afford. We should not have to work off duty to pay the normal bills.

05-05-2007, 03:23 AM
I agree, but I made a decision to take this job knowing I will never be rich. I love what I do! We don't get paid enough, this isn't news to any of us. But it is my decision to stay. Opportunity to make more money is there if I want to leave, but I don't. I put my energy into saving, investing and spending right and I am doing ok. If I want more I work for it, if I don't I do my 8 and come home.

05-05-2007, 03:45 PM
go work for ft lauderdale p. d. you can make 62 grand after 5 fives with no off duty work and then all of your probems will be taken care of. you can can then get on here and make fun of us. you can make the money you deserve doing this job. we stay here because we love what we do.