PDA

View Full Version : Write a legislator !

05-04-2007, 03:01 AM
For the next 364 days, write your local state legislator. Better yet, write any state legislator. Even better, write their staff members and family members !

Let the legislators and the people they care about know what a great job the legislature did this year with property insurance reform, property tax reform and most importantly of all, state law enforcement officer pay.

Take a little time out of your day to write a uniform traffic citation.

05-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Hopefully I can shed some light. Our raises were deleted from the finance bill in committee. Here is the link to the members of that committee who chose to remove our raises and slap us in the face by not even allowing a Senate vote. http://www.flsenate.gov/cgi-bin/View_Pa ... nate/FPCC/ (http://www.flsenate.gov/cgi-bin/View_Page.pl?Tab=committees&Submenu=1&File=index.html&Directory=committees/senate/FPCC/) . Make sure you send them many, many thank you notes, in a professional manner of course.

Now here is something that we all need to ponder, I completely support FHP’s position that the other SLEO agencies were possibly holding them back from pay raises. However, after the shaft we all took, I believe that theory has been shot in the a**.

The fact of the matter is these unions mean nothing to the legislature and they probably had a toasting party when they again further divided the union by passing legislation to split FHP away from the other SLEO’s.

We all need to be one. A State Police. I know what you are saying, can’t be done the Sheriffs’ have to much influence on the legislature. Well we have seen what the legislature thinks about us.

It is called a amendment to the Florida constitution creating a State Police. It is voted in the general election and a “yes” on the ballot is almost a guarantee. People will look at it as more protection and more professionalism. You will not lose you identity you will either be a road patrol, detective, wildlife, whatever your specialty. But we will have unity and strength, 2500-3000 strong. We will all be regarded as an integral part of Florida’s defense.

I challenge the PBA to take the lead on this issue and give us strength. Consult with the proper attorney’s who have an expertise in the Florida constitution and make us a professional united front, not this rag-tag groups of professionals working under regulatory agencies.

I look forward to hearing other opinions on this subject.

05-04-2007, 05:01 AM
Hopefully I can shed some light. Our raises were deleted from the finance bill in committee. Here is the link to the members of that committee who chose to remove our raises and slap us in the face by not even allowing a Senate vote. http://www.flsenate.gov/cgi-bin/View_Pa ... nate/FPCC/ (http://www.flsenate.gov/cgi-bin/View_Page.pl?Tab=committees&Submenu=1&File=index.html&Directory=committees/senate/FPCC/) . Make sure you send them many, many thank you notes, in a professional manner of course.

Now here is something that we all need to ponder, I completely support FHP’s position that the other SLEO agencies were possibly holding them back from pay raises. However, after the shaft we all took, I believe that theory has been shot in the a**.

The fact of the matter is these unions mean nothing to the legislature and they probably had a toasting party when they again further divided the union by passing legislation to split FHP away from the other SLEO’s.

We all need to be one. A State Police. I know what you are saying, can’t be done the Sheriffs’ have to much influence on the legislature. Well we have seen what the legislature thinks about us.

It is called a amendment to the Florida constitution creating a State Police. It is voted in the general election and a “yes” on the ballot is almost a guarantee. People will look at it as more protection and more professionalism. You will not lose you identity you will either be a road patrol, detective, wildlife, whatever your specialty. But we will have unity and strength, 2500-3000 strong. We will all be regarded as an integral part of Florida’s defense.

I challenge the PBA to take the lead on this issue and give us strength. Consult with the proper attorney’s who have an expertise in the Florida constitution and make us a professional united front, not this rag-tag groups of professionals working under regulatory agencies.

I look forward to hearing other opinions on this subject.

Best thing I've ever heard of. Im all for it. Im sure that the majority of the state would be for it. Most civilians think its this way already, why not make it a reality.

05-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm 10-8 for that signal-15. those *******s only take a trooper in consideration when there being 10-50 thats when they utter those words, I'm a senator or a leg. for the state of florida. U know what i've told them before "good then u should know better", And cont. writing my UTC.

05-07-2007, 11:35 PM
AMEN MY BROTHER!

05-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I then you wonder why they do not give you a raise?

05-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Up yours!!

04-03-2011, 11:44 PM
For the next 364 days, write your local state legislator. Better yet, write any state legislator. Even better, write their staff members and family members !

Let the legislators and the people they care about know what a great job the legislature did this year with property insurance reform, property tax reform and most importantly of all, state law enforcement officer pay.

Take a little time out of your day to write a uniform traffic citation.

Great time to re-visit this topic.

04-04-2011, 12:15 AM
I then you wonder why they do not give you a raise?

They gave no other state employee anything either. Write em every chance you get.

04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
It takes B#$% and we have non and the Gov and his Politicans know it... :|

04-04-2011, 10:16 AM
What makes you think being a State Police will get you anything? This year, they are crapping on ALL state employees. They are also crapping on ALL County employees (school teachers and deputies) and ALL city employees in the FRS. Talk about numbers. If they don't care about crapping on all those Sheriff's Deputies and City Policemen, what makes you think you will make any in-roads by being a State Police? All being a State Police will do is give us more responsiblity for the same crappy pay.

04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Do you really think they are going to get upset about a simple traffic citation. The better avenue is to get involved in voting everyone out of office and being involved in who gets elected. Tell the Tea Party to go to H!!ll. Tell your legislator what is important.