PDA

View Full Version : Thelbirt Morgan is rolling in it

05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Thelbirt "David" Morgan is off to the races!!! So far he has raised $14109 whole dollars. Of that he has spent $10484. Of that $6632 has been spent to Reality News Network. No wonder David Craig is pushing him so hard to run. McNesby has $90,000 still sitting there. The bad news for Morgan is that all his key contributors have donated almost the max and he’s been running his “mis”infomercials for months and the money still ain’t flowing. He has said he needs $100,000 to run a successful campaign. I’m assuming by successful you mean more than 7,884 votes? Worse news yet? Answer: There is still not one donation from a current deputy.

05-03-2007, 10:39 PM
I've been away from Escambia County for some time now, but I seem to remember that "Doc" Ely, who is Morgan's campaign manager is the owner of Doc's Marine. Is is not also true that former ECSO Major Charles Grant is Doc's business partner ? What will be his contribution to this new administration if Mr Morgan prevails ?

05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Thelbirt "David" Morgan is off to the races!!! So far he has raised $14109 whole dollars. Of that he has spent $10484. Of that $6632 has been spent to Reality News Network. No wonder David Craig is pushing him so hard to run. McNesby has $90,000 still sitting there. The bad news for Morgan is that all his key contributors have donated almost the max and he’s been running his “mis”infomercials for months and the money still ain’t flowing. He has said he needs $100,000 to run a successful campaign. I’m assuming by successful you mean more than 7,884 votes? Worse news yet? Answer: There is still not one donation from a current deputy.

Do you think that we want to be transferred to court security, Perdido Key, or Century? No way Jose'. But for sure McNesby will not get my vote, my family or my frieds votes.

05-03-2007, 11:53 PM
I have seen/heard too much of David Morgan's crap to give him my vote. I will also say the same thing about our current boss McNesby. He has run this agency into the ground. He has continually treated this place like it is his personal playground and it is time for him to go. I am glad he gets to take his high dollar civilian employees with him.

05-04-2007, 02:41 AM
I have seen/heard too much of David Morgan's crap to give him my vote. I will also say the same thing about our current boss McNesby. He has run this agency into the ground. He has continually treated this place like it is his personal playground and it is time for him to go. I am glad he gets to take his high dollar civilian employees with him.

You summed it up. Its time for Mc to take a hike where all has beens sooner or later end up. There is already one more other than Morgan who has announced and rumor is another will be announcing soon. Before election date the hungry will smell blood and recognize how politically weak McNesby is and will join in for the prize. There may be 5 or six in the race before it’s over so we’ll have plenty to choose from. “ABM” (Anybody but McNesby). I’m waiting to see who all steps up to the plate, then I send the one who I think has the best chance to take on McNesby a contribution via a second party who is not connected with the department. McNesby won’t know who is for him and who is really against him in his own department.

05-04-2007, 03:32 AM
I agreed with everything but ABM. It should be ABMM for Anyone but McNesby or Morgan :lol:

05-07-2007, 10:07 PM
Whomever is talking about giving money in a second persons name is talking about an illegal contribution.
That is not surprising of the current administration but Mr. Morgan has made it quite clear that he will not take money that is not given in all concordance with the laws of election, this is a first probably in the Sheriffs race.
Yes you may give money in another persons name, you may very well do that, but when you do, you are breaking the law.
Of course that does not matter to some, that has been proven in the past! Just thought it was a reminder to let you know that there are laws pertaining to elections, and what is good for one, applies to another.
There have been rumors that others will run, and that is not unexpected because if Mac goes out, then the good ole boys want someone whom will follow suit!
You can all bank on that one!

05-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Anybody see Morgan's booth at the gun show this weekend?

Noticeably absent was anyone actually stopping to talk to him...

05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Whomever is talking about giving money in a second persons name is talking about an illegal contribution.
That is not surprising of the current administration but Mr. Morgan has made it quite clear that he will not take money that is not given in all concordance with the laws of election, this is a first probably in the Sheriffs race.
Yes you may give money in another persons name, you may very well do that, but when you do, you are breaking the law.
Of course that does not matter to some, that has been proven in the past! Just thought it was a reminder to let you know that there are laws pertaining to elections, and what is good for one, applies to another.
There have been rumors that others will run, and that is not unexpected because if Mac goes out, then the good ole boys want someone whom will follow suit!
You can all bank on that one!

Breaking the law! Big F*&:.@ deal ! Have you looked over the campaign contribution list of McGoofy.? His list is full of contributors who have the same surname. An employees name will be followed by his wife’s or her husbands name, their son’s name, their daughter’s name, their mother and father, sister and brothers, each contributing the max allowed by the same law. So who cares? Obliviously the law is worthless and is nothing more than a piece of paper because neither the State attorney via the Grand Jury nor the elections commission ever questions such questionable contributions.

05-08-2007, 06:14 PM
If the people giving the money are getting permission to give in others names then what is the SAO to do? Call everyone up and ask if they are the ones that gave the money? I don't think so. Is it wrong? Of course it is, its breaking the law. But I see no way to actually do anything about it. The SAO would be on the phones day and night accusing people. I see no one that is a Morgan supporter saying anything about the Sievers' contributions to him though. Didn't I see the Greg, Arety, the business and many relatives doing the same thing? For shame on all of you double standard allowing people. Do as I say and not as I do?

05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
If more people were supporting Morgan I am sure we would see the same things that we are seeing on McNesby's campaign report. I am sure Morgan would not turn down a contribution from my wife if I had already given him money and she said it was from her and she did have a job. All of which is only hypothetical :lol:

05-08-2007, 09:12 PM
Anybody see Morgan's booth at the gun show this weekend?

Noticeably absent was anyone actually stopping to talk to him...

Lots of people talked to him including deputies. Many people recognized him from the informative videos he's been using to expose McGoofy's exploits. I heard he got hundreds of petition signatures at the gun show. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to lie? Or were you just not listening.

05-09-2007, 12:19 AM
If the people giving the money are getting permission to give in others names then what is the SAO to do? Call everyone up and ask if they are the ones that gave the money? I don't think so. Is it wrong? Of course it is, its breaking the law. But I see no way to actually do anything about it. The SAO would be on the phones day and night accusing people. I see no one that is a Morgan supporter saying anything about the Sievers' contributions to him though. Didn't I see the Greg, Arety, the business and many relatives doing the same thing? For shame on all of you double standard allowing people. Do as I say and not as I do?

The whole frickin campaign finance law is a joke. There’s very few running for office that are going to turn down the bucks when they’re offered to them even when they know that the contribution is really coming from someone else. The law that creates the need for the money to be funneled thru a third party is nothing more than a sham. The legislature should repeal the law that limits the maximum amount of money that any one person can contribute to any campaign and let the cards fall wherever they fall. If a certain person be the Chief Deputy, a Captain, Lieutenant or whomever were to contribute thousands of dollars to a Sheriff’s campaign, at least then the information would be available for the public to evaluate in making a decision of who and why to vote for or not vote for a person. Now those behind the scene power brokers in an agency hide behind anonymity by having one of their close relatives put the money in the campaign in their name all the while making sure the recipient knows who the real contributor is.