PDA

View Full Version : Martin County Sheriff May Lay Off 125 Deputies

05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
In Todays Palm Beach Post

Serious budget problems

05-02-2007, 02:36 PM
In Todays Palm Beach Post

Serious budget problems

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasureco ... _0502.html (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/treasurecoast/content/local_news/epaper/2007/05/02/m3c_mcbudget_0502.html)

Port St. Lucie PD said 30, and I heard several PBC cities are trying to merge with the SO. Bradshaw is fighting for our budget increase. Thank God we have a Sheriff that will fight for it. With that being said, things are going to get tight.

05-02-2007, 02:49 PM
I doubt PBSO will have any layoffs since months ago bradshaw had wanted 65 officers by august... until the budget was denied and we went into a hiring freeze.

05-02-2007, 03:25 PM
I doubt PBSO will have any layoffs since months ago bradshaw had wanted 65 officers by august... until the budget was denied and we went into a hiring freeze.

The county administration already said he would not cut PBSO's manpower. The county is doing everything to give the Sheriff the money he needs.

Been There, Done That
05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Could you imagine the mayhem on the streets if we lost people??? Some of the districts run from call to call as it is....the backlog would be tremendous.....and a clear and present danger to the public as a whole as well.

05-03-2007, 01:54 AM
Since taking over other agencies, we have increased the needed man power that these cities wanted. Without the extra patrol help/ manpower these cities would be hurting even more wth crime. IE. Magonia Park had a 21 on Monday and was able to pull extra deputies from the surrounding area to make two great arrest. Then today the same city had a 41p by three suspects. All three were arrested thanks to the available units in the surrounding area. Without this extra resource these criminals would have never been caught. If we were to cut the budget this county would face a serious crime wave. Especially if the criminals knew there were less deputies out there. I have great fiath that Sheriff Bradshaw will continue to hire more officers and allow the dept. to grow and fight the next wave of crime/gang wars.

Stay safe boys and girls

05-03-2007, 03:11 AM
Does anyone know how long this hiring freeze is going to be? I am hiring all the way to October...

05-03-2007, 03:34 AM
Since taking over other agencies, we have increased the needed man power that these cities wanted. Without the extra patrol help/ manpower these cities would be hurting even more wth crime. IE. Magonia Park had a 21 on Monday and was able to pull extra deputies from the surrounding area to make two great arrest. Then today the same city had a 41p by three suspects. All three were arrested thanks to the available units in the surrounding area. Without this extra resource these criminals would have never been caught. If we were to cut the budget this county would face a serious crime wave. Especially if the criminals knew there were less deputies out there. I have great fiath that Sheriff Bradshaw will continue to hire more officers and allow the dept. to grow and fight the next wave of crime/gang wars.

Stay safe boys and girls

Very well said, I agree

05-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Yea I heard MCSO is thinking about layoff's. If your headed in that direction St. Lucie County is hiring, they are super nice folks.