PDA

View Full Version : Message from The Governor on no pay raise this year

05-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I tried and fought for my (officers) to get that raise to the very end but I am afraid to say this old Governor was outgunned on this one.

You may not be compensated like you should or get any raises but you will look good doing your job.

I am proud to serve Florida with (officers) with such high integrity in word and deed even in these trying times. Your service will not be forgotten and I still believe in you even though this is a setback. We will win the war however as I plan on continuing my professionalizing of the agency despite these setbacks.

Hell you can use that bonus to pay for a gym membership people. I salute you.

Sincerely,

Your Governor :twisted:

05-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Pound Sand gov. We can't spend words.

05-02-2007, 06:51 AM
How many billions does the state have in reserve for a rainy day? I think the rainy day has come for all state LEO's. Cough it up!

05-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Colonel says…”be good to your legislators, don’t write them tickets, show them what hard workers you are” and what did it get us….not a damm thing! I think Tallahassee trooper need to do a “Selective Enforcement Detail” outside of the capital to show them just how hard we do work. I will be looking for another job come Monday morning.
Thanks for Nothing Tallahasse!

Been There, Done That
05-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear this terrible news guys......So now its time to take care of yourselves and your families. Find greener pastures. They do exist and with some research into the areas you might be willing to work, you can find them. Keep one thing in mind. The bigger the agency, the more opportunities available. Many places have traffic units, or any other aspect you might be interested in. GO FOR IT ! !

05-03-2007, 12:54 PM
As long as you continue to have millions of applicants from around the United States from people who want to be "state troopers," then you will continue to be easily replaced. At the front door, FHP has millions of applicants coming in. At the back door, FHP has boatloads of troopers who leave for higher paying jobs. Applicants are breaking down the front door to get in, but after they get hired, they suddenly get a rude wake-up call that FHP pays its troopers crap. Every trooper gets this wake-up call, but only after it's too late. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. Will it change? Nope.

05-03-2007, 02:28 PM
As long as you continue to have millions of applicants from around the United States from people who want to be "state troopers," then you will continue to be easily replaced. At the front door, FHP has millions of applicants coming in. At the back door, FHP has boatloads of troopers who leave for higher paying jobs. Applicants are breaking down the front door to get in, but after they get hired, they suddenly get a rude wake-up call that FHP pays its troopers crap. Every trooper gets this wake-up call, but only after it's too late. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. Will it change? Nope.

This is the lie FHP and the state have you believe. The truth is FHP CANNOT get qualified applicants. They are having a difficult time even filling the classes they are scheduling.

05-03-2007, 07:49 PM

This is the lie FHP and the state have you believe. The truth is FHP CANNOT get qualified applicants. They are having a difficult time even filling the classes they are scheduling.

Maybe this will get even higher numbers to quit showing the state what a disgrace this is.

05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
The grass may not be greener on the other side, but atleast they will give us a riding lawnmower to mow it.