PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise P.d's new contract

05-02-2007, 12:10 AM
Sunrise Police officers will be voting on thier new contract in May. Newly hired officers will be starting out at $46,500 and topped out officers will be making $78,000. The top out for Sargeants will now be $94,000. This is not including overtime, off-duty detail ($30.00 per hour), and court overtime. Free medical insurance (PPO or HMO), 6 year DROP plan and a fixed 9% pension contribution rate for life is also in the new contract. When this new contract takes effect, Sunrise Police department will now be the highest paid department in the county (Broward), 2nd highest in the state. The city of Miami Gardens is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.
They are currently hiring for certified and non-certified officers. I urge anyone who is interested in this career field to put in their applications to Sunrise.

05-02-2007, 02:25 AM
They are currently hiring for certified and non-certified officers. I urge anyone who is interested in this career field to put in their applications to Sunrise.

Have had mine in for almost three months, they must not need people that bad :roll:

05-02-2007, 12:54 PM

Have had mine in for almost three months, they must not need people that bad :roll:

maybe its that you arent as qualified as the other applicants? hmmmm :roll:

05-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Thats possible and if that is the case I will be more then willing to get a thanks but no thanks letter instead of not hearing anything.

05-03-2007, 12:30 AM

Thats possible and if that is the case I will be more then willing to get a thanks but no thanks letter instead of not hearing anything.

OK, whats your name, we'll go ahead and send that letter on out to you. :wink:

05-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Correcting erroneous statments:

Once the Sunrise contract is ratified it will reveal the following contrary to what the Coral Springs Officer's posting stated:

Starting Salary will be $49,541.00 as of April 1st 2007

Top-salary fo Officer will be $77,176.00 as of January 1st 2009

Sergeants maximum salary will be $94,032.00 as of January 1st 2009

off duty detail rate will rise to $29.00 by October 2008

A fixed pension contribution will be 9.84%, not 9% as stated

oh thier should read "their"
Apparently, the Coral Springs officer didn't do a thorough canvass of his or her facts or dictionary.

05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
While I am very happy for my colleagues would you care to wager if anyone that left in the past 2 or 3 years would come back simply because of the contract?

Don't get me wrong I think now is a great time to be with SPD, but there are more problems than just the contract. Fixing that is a start though.

JMO though

05-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Correcting erroneous statments:

Once the Sunrise contract is ratified it will reveal the following contrary to what the Coral Springs Officer's posting stated:

Starting Salary will be $49,541.00 as of April 1st 2007

Top-salary fo Officer will be $77,176.00 as of January 1st 2009

Sergeants maximum salary will be $94,032.00 as of January 1st 2009

off duty detail rate will rise to $29.00 by October 2008

A fixed pension contribution will be 9.84%, not 9% as stated

oh thier should read "their"
Apparently, the Coral Springs officer didn't do a thorough canvass of his or her facts or dictionary.

Speaking of dictionaries, what exactly does "fo" mean? Or did you mean "of" or perhaps "for?" I hate correcting Webster himself, but when you make it a point to nitpick another persons spelling, you MIGHT want to proofread your words as well.

Maybe you and CSO graduated from the same school?

05-05-2007, 02:30 AM
This is Sunrise's new contract? Since when did Sunrise become the place to be? If this is true, I'm saying goodbye to BSO and Hello Sunrise! Can someone verify this information because it seems too good to be true. Can anyone advise what's bad in sunrise?

05-05-2007, 06:07 PM
This is Sunrise's new contract? Since when did Sunrise become the place to be? If this is true, I'm saying goodbye to BSO and Hello Sunrise! Can someone verify this information because it seems too good to be true. Can anyone advise what's bad in sunrise?

Read the post on BSO before you jump too quick.

05-05-2007, 09:15 PM

Do you mean neighborhoods? Because if you do, the worst part of scumrise is around sunrise blvd and sunset strip up to village elementry, and even that ain't that bad compaired to siscrunk and parts of pompano.

05-06-2007, 12:01 AM

Yes its true. We are literally voting on it as we speak.

05-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Good for you guys. You deserve it.

07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
The city of Miami Gardens is the only department who pays thier officers a higher salary (Funded by Bonds), but who really wants to work there. Plans for construction on the new Police department Building are also in the works.

NOT TRUE....AS OF OCT 2007, CITY OF MIAMI WILL START THEIR OFC AT 47,300 AND TOP OUT AT 77,000. BY OCT 2009 STARTING PAY WILL BE 51,000 AND TOP OUT OF 81,000...NEW 3 YR CONTRACT,......HIGHER THAN MIAMI GARDENS AND NOT AS SHITTY!!!

MPD OFC.