PDA

View Full Version : Think The Money Is Not There!?!

05-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Here is the sad part troopers!! If Florida simply raised vehicle registration by $2.50 EACH member of the Florida Highway Patrol could get AT LEAST $15,600 extra a year!!! Do the math if you dont believe me. There are over 10 million registered vehicles in the state of FLorida that are renewed every year. Raise that renewal fee by $2.50 and that would equal $25 million. Now divide that by our 1600 members and that equals the $15,600.

MY GOD THAT IS ONLY $2.50 EXTRA ON A $45 RENEWAL FEE!!! THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE TO DO FOR A TROOPER TO MAKE OVER $50,000 A YEAR.

Just 50 cents extra on the renewal would get us $3,000 a year!! That is fifty friggin cents extra people!!!!!

That is what pisses me off sooooo much. The money for us troopers is just sitting there and this God forsaken state government is doing nothing because they dont give a ...

05-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I think that is 2.50 too much. I would like to see the FHP cut down to a quarter of your size and the money currently spent on you guys turned over to the local Sheriff's Offices.

05-01-2007, 07:15 PM
To the dumb a.s.s. who just replied. Why do you have to start on us. We just got screawed by the state again. If you are a deputy, hang tight with the reduction in taxes you might just be applying with us, because its really going to hit sheriff offices. We all work in law enforcement so why can't we get a long. If you guys just got stuffed by your county commission, I wouldn't kick you. But then again some people have to be low life's.

05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Here is the sad part troopers!! If Florida simply raised vehicle registration by $2.50 EACH member of the Florida Highway Patrol could get AT LEAST $15,600 extra a year!!! Do the math if you dont believe me. There are over 10 million registered vehicles in the state of FLorida that are renewed every year. Raise that renewal fee by $2.50 and that would equal $25 million. Now divide that by our 1600 members and that equals the $15,600.

MY GOD THAT IS ONLY $2.50 EXTRA ON A $45 RENEWAL FEE!!! THAT IS ALL THEY HAVE TO DO FOR A TROOPER TO MAKE OVER $50,000 A YEAR.

Just 50 cents extra on the renewal would get us $3,000 a year!! That is fifty friggin cents extra people!!!!!

That is what pisses me off sooooo much. The money for us troopers is just sitting there and this God forsaken state government is doing nothing because they dont give a F.U.C.K!!!

Why is this just about Troopers? There are many other state LE agenices that got screwed just as bad, if not worse than you troopers did. You got your seperation bill passed. After 18 years of service to this state, this is how I get treated. FHP IS NOT THE ONLY STATE AGENCY IN EXISTANCE! Think about someone else beside the troop.

05-01-2007, 07:37 PM

That is what pisses me off sooooo much. The money for us troopers is just sitting there and this God forsaken state government is doing nothing because they dont give a F.U.C.K!!!

Why is this just about Troopers? There are many other state LE agenices that got screwed just as bad, if not worse than you troopers did. You got your seperation bill passed. After 18 years of service to this state, this is how I get treated. FHP IS NOT THE ONLY STATE AGENCY IN EXISTANCE! Think about someone else beside the troop.

And what did this seperation bill get us? So we are seperate, big deal! What agency do you work for? Please dont say something lame like DOT that does NOTHING and can't even arrest a drunk that they pull over.

05-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow, some very, very unhappy folks in here! I don't blame you a bit. I personally cannot wait to get out of this entire state. Thank God I have less then 3 years to go for my 25 and out!!! Then it's hello northeast Tennessee. I'll never wear a gun and a badge again, ever.

05-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Over and Over again. My arsh is killing me. I can show three times in a 20 year career that I made less money the following year than the previous year. Insurance goes up, gas, inflation. We don't even keep up with the cost of living. I stop a reprentative or Senator watch out, payback time. My family deserves it. We send members all over the f-ing place for Hurricanes, wildfires, BCR, Nascar Races, Riots and boatlifts. We send them to other states and make them spend countless hours away from their family for what? You can be shot at, spit on and disrespected and your hands are tied. For what? The Bonus is a slap in the face. 648.00 after taxes won't even pay your PBA dues for the year. Should not be called a bonus it should be called a bone. If you have 10 years of less take the IP and leave, get out while you can. Save yourself and your family. Your only expected to live to 54 so you will die waiting for a decent pay raise and you will never get to live like middle class america unless your willing to work an extra 32 hours a week off-duty. Then your wife leaves you and takes it all anyway. Get out, quickly do not wait it will not come. The State coffers were the biggest ever for the last two years and nothing 2.8 yahoo. Big deal. Just do it.

05-01-2007, 08:50 PM

Why is this just about Troopers?

Ummmm....because you are on the FHP portion of this website.

05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
To the dumb a.s.s. who just replied. Why do you have to start on us. We just got screawed by the state again. If you are a deputy, hang tight with the reduction in taxes you might just be applying with us, because its really going to hit sheriff offices. We all work in law enforcement so why can't we get a long. If you guys just got stuffed by your county commission, I wouldn't kick you. But then again some people have to be low life's.

I'm sorry to hear about the state screwing you guys. I'm a Deputy and I can tell you we are locked into a 3 year contract where they can't touch our pay. The county administrator already said he would cut other budgets before he touched the Sheriff's Budget. Now on the other hand, the cities tax their residents more than the county. Port St. Lucie PD is talking about laying cops off as much as 18. The cities are going to be hit harder than the county and the state. Delray Beach city is losing 24 million dollars from the budget. As it is they pay 30 million to run the pd and 17 million for their own Fire Department. Whether we work for a state, County, or city, these tax cuts are going to hurt us all. More some than others, but we shouldn't throw stones. FHP got screwed again and though I'm a Deputy, I see us all as one. That's not fair to do to any cop and FHP works hard for what they do. I wouldn't want their job, and they deserve a little more. Good luck all. Stay safe.

05-03-2007, 03:39 PM
***********Why is this just about Troopers? There are many other state LE agenices that got screwed just as bad, if not worse than you troopers did. You got your seperation bill passed. After 18 years of service to this state, this is how I get treated. FHP IS NOT THE ONLY STATE AGENCY IN EXISTANCE! Think about someone else beside the troop*********

this is the FHP board.. Thats why we are complaining about our pay and our pay only. I care about everyone that has been getting shafted by the state.. But right now I'm on the FHP board and this is what the topic is.. FHP PAY![/b]

05-03-2007, 07:47 PM
You are aware they have a couple of Billion extra on hand but will not give us a raise.

05-04-2007, 02:17 PM
You are aware they have a couple of Billion extra on hand but will not give us a raise.

Sure am. Just last year Gov Bush was gloating about the state's 3 billion dollar surplus. Yet they cant spend 15-20 million extra to give troopers a raise. And just so you know, 20 million to Florida's state budget is about 20 bucks to you and I. It is a very very small percentage.

05-06-2007, 12:54 PM

Sure am. Just last year Gov Bush was gloating about the state's 3 billion dollar surplus. Yet they cant spend 15-20 million extra to give troopers a raise. And just so you know, 20 million to Florida's state budget is about 20 bucks to you and I. It is a very very small percentage.

It is a sad state of affairs when that is the case. Anyone with more than just a few years to go needs to move on to places that actually respect their officers some.

05-12-2007, 04:54 AM
What about all the other state agencies? i.e DOT, DOC, DEP, FWC?
why the hell you troopers have to make more than all the other LEOs in state.

05-12-2007, 12:45 PM

Could it be because we work 24/7/365? Could it be because we are expected to be more professional than a cabbage cop eating their moon pie and sipping a pepsi inside their little air-conditioned booth? Could it be because we have to know much more than just stuff about tractor-trailers? Could it be because our areas of responsibilities include more than what's between the fence at a park?
Could it be because our hiring standards are far higher than most other state agencies?

Get lost. You're in the wrong forum!
It was those very agency members that voted out the only REAL union that represented everyone's interests. Go suffer with them.

05-12-2007, 03:25 PM

You people pull over someone because a tail light is out then you find out the driver is signal 1. What do you do? You call a trooper because "you weren't trained in DUIs". Give me a break. If you can't even handle a DUI then you dont deserve what we do!!!!

05-17-2007, 09:54 PM

Could it be because we work 24/7/365? Could it be because we are expected to be more professional than a cabbage cop eating their moon pie and sipping a pepsi inside their little air-conditioned booth? Could it be because we have to know much more than just stuff about tractor-trailers? Could it be because our areas of responsibilities include more than what's between the fence at a park?
Could it be because our hiring standards are far higher than most other state agencies?

Get lost. You're in the wrong forum!
It was those very agency members that voted out the only REAL union that represented everyone's interests. Go suffer with them.

Wow note to self, next time Im on my way home and see you 10-50, instead of pulling over to check and see if you need help, I'll just drive by. Thought we were a team here, whether its park patrol, wildlife, or keeping peace in the prison.

05-19-2007, 08:42 AM
So the new E.D. comes on board and immediately hires two high-priced select exempt cronies. We don't have enough money to take care of those on the front line, yet we have enough for more bureaucrats? I say we need to thin out the top and use those funds to reward the bottom. She's no better than her predecessor! Don't be fooled!

05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
So the new E.D. comes on board and immediately hires two high-priced select exempt cronies. We don't have enough money to take care of those on the front line, yet we have enough for more bureaucrats? I say we need to thin out the top and use those funds to reward the bottom. She's no better than her predecessor! Don't be fooled!

Don't be fooled that FL doesnt have enough money either. That is a straight up lie. This state tosses money into the wind like sand. Florida is one of the wealthiest states and yet has the lowest paid state employees, BY FAR!

THIS STATE DOESNT CARE ABOUT YOU TROOPERS. WAKE UP AND LEARN THAT!