PDA

View Full Version : Show Me No Money

04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Well boys and girls, we have been passed over again.

According to all report the pay increases and $500 per year increase has been DENIED! And we are NOT getting the %5 pay increase.

But we are getting a $1000 "bonus". This "bonus" will not go toward our retirement fund. Of this $1000 we will probably see about $750 after taxes.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm just the messenger.

05-01-2007, 07:51 PM
They put it in writing today that we will see 673 dollars of the 1000. Lucky us.

05-02-2007, 08:11 PM
Just be lucky you have a job for now.
Some of us would do this for free

05-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Apparently you are still living with mommy and daddy and getting an allowance.
Unfortunaly, most or us adults are trying to raise a family and perhaps even own a house and can’t do it on this salary.
Yes, we are lucky to have jobs, but we need to have parity with other Law Enforcement Agencies and receive a decent wage for the work that we do.
Did you take the psychological exam when you got hired, or are you related to someone?

05-03-2007, 05:52 AM
this nonsense plagues all state agencies and all state employees. I thought we'd fare a lot better with this huge surplus the state apparently has this and last year.

05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
THE STATE AGENCY THAT GOT SHAFTED THE MOST.IS DJJ (DERT OF JUVENILE JUSTICE).MOST PEOPLE THINK WE ARE JUST A DAYCARE CENTER FOR FLORIDA'S CHILDREN.THE TRUTH BE TOLD.WE ARE ACTULLY CERTIFIED STATE OFFICERS.WHO ARE ALSO GETTING THE shizzat END OF THE STICK.
MOST OFFICERS WHO COME IN FROM OTHER AGENCIES,AND SPEND SOMETIME IN SOME OF OUR FACILITIES ALWAYS SAY I COULDN'T DO IT.WE DEAL WITH RAPEST ,MURDERER,sex OFFENDER'S,DRUG DEALER'S AND ALL OF THE REST OF THE SCUM FROM THE STREET.CRIME IN THE STATE IS UP.WE HAD A 10 YR OLD IN MY JAIL WHO STABBED HIS MOTHER.THEY WILL PUT HIM IN A PROGRAM FOR MAYBE A YEAR OR 2.THAN HE WILL BE BACK ON THER STREETS AGAIN.THE NEXT TIME HE MIGHT KILL SOMEONE.
75%OF THE JUVENILES I COME IN CONTACT WITH ARE HARDIN CRIMINALS JUST WAITING TO BE DIRECT FILED TO THE ADULT SYSTEM.
MORE OFFICER'S GET HURT IN DJJ THAN ANY OTHER AGENCY INTHE STATE.
I DON'T KNOW WHERE I'M GOING WITH THREAD ,BUT I HAD A BAD DAY AT THE JAIL AN OFFICER GOT STABBED 3 TIMES IN THE HEAD BY A JUVENLIE.HE IS 16 YRS OLD 6"2 240 LBS.BUT HIS JUST A KID.
THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BLOW OFF STEAM.
ALWAYS BE SAFE.
JJDO

05-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Dude, we're all in the same boat. No one got shafted more than others. Don't try to put yourself as the most pitiful ones out there, because you're not. You may not like your job/agency, or you might. YOU chose the career path you currently occupy, not the state. Conditions may suck, but they suck for everyone right now. Nobody said your job is easy...but please consult your local college for grammar edification classes.

05-08-2007, 08:16 AM
yea but fdep officers get to drive boats and atv's all day and get paid to do whatever they want. id do that job for free! juvenile justice, we just deal with bad kids everyday.

05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
your not even sworn at djj and last time I was in Tally and saw the recruit class it looked like they did their hiring as the county jail let out.

05-08-2007, 01:58 PM
When is this windfall of 600 some odd dollars supposed to be paid?

05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
The last I heard it was in either October or November....or never. I'll believe it when I see it in my hot little hands! :x

05-09-2007, 01:08 AM
who filled out the app for you to work at djj. and then who forced you to take the job???
fill out the same app send it to dep then get your standerds and you might have a chance.
if you are willing to do it for free our reserve program is looking

05-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Yea, you will get your windfall on November 1st. Those sorry a** jerks had to hold up the little bit of money they did give us for 4 months so they could pocket the interest. You can bet their pay raise and increase in their expense accounts, along with all their other self fulfilling perks will be in their paycheck on JULY 1. You have to wait so that the interest they retain by delaying our pitiful bonus will allow them to fund their increases without being noticed by the media and watchdog groups as an expense in the budget. They will pay for their own self-fulfilling needs off of your back for four months. :x