PDA

View Full Version : Overdue Thanks

04-27-2007, 03:26 AM
This is a long overdue thanks, but I just recently found out about this incident. About a month and half ago, my parents were travelling from Tampa to Tallahasse on I-75. My father was driving and was stopped by a trooper in the Ocala area for speeding. As my father was looking for his D.L., the trooper noticed my business card in his wallet and questioned my father about it. When my dad told him that I was his son, and that I was a Deputy the trooper ran a D.L. check and let him go.

I know F.H.P. catches alot of flack from other L.E.O.'s for tickets and the allegations of no professional courtesy, but I want to thank the unknown trooper and shine some positive light on you guys/gals. I have always had a good working relationship with all the troopers I have come in contact with over the years with the exception of one or two, but that is at every Agency. Thanks again

HCSO Dep

04-28-2007, 05:00 AM
I work for TPD and was pulled over by FHP in my POV. The trooper saw my badge with my DL, ran my DL and let me go. He was very courteous, but I could tell they get some serious flack about letting anyone go. He didn't hesitate, but he may have paid the price later on his daily report. I get along great with the troopers in this area, and get tired of the ranting against them. Maybe it's regional, but I don't think it's a problem in Troop C with cops writing cops.

04-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Well my wife just recevied a ticket from FHP this week. Even after she advised she was a wife of a PO. I even spoke to the FHP Trooper via the phone. I am paying the ticket.......Thanks guys I really appricate the hand. Yes she is wrong by speeding but I guess your able to check off a ticket stat for this. Good work.

This was Great news to hear from her after coming back from a Honor Guard Funeral and speaking to many FHP troopers. Heard many stories of FHP and now I know via my own experience.

Thanks for nothing.

04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Well my wife just recevied a ticket from FHP this week. Even after she advised she was a wife of a PO. I even spoke to the FHP Trooper via the phone. I am paying the ticket.......Thanks guys I really appricate the hand. Yes she is wrong by speeding but I guess your able to check off a ticket stat for this. Good work.

This was Great news to hear from her after coming back from a Honor Guard Funeral and speaking to many FHP troopers. Heard many stories of FHP and now I know via my own experience.

Thanks for nothing.

Yeah right pal.....this is just the same song, different verse. Another made-up story. LIke we always say.....list a name, date, badge number, and speed so we can verify if your story is true. (highly doubtful, since no one else on here has been able to produce this info to support their "stories")

04-29-2007, 01:27 AM
I work for PBSO. I've also enjoyed a professional relationship with FHP. The about a year ago FHP stopped one of family members. The Trooper verified I was a Deputy and told my family member to have a nice day. Long and behold I stopped a Troopers wife a couple of days ago and you can rest assure the same courtesy was extended. Thanks guys and girls. Stay safe.

Been There, Done That
04-29-2007, 01:16 PM
I work for PBSO. I've also enjoyed a professional relationship with FHP. The about a year ago FHP stopped one of family members. The Trooper verified I was a Deputy and told my family member to have a nice day. Long and behold I stopped a Troopers wife a couple of days ago and you can rest assure the same courtesy was extended. Thanks guys and girls. Stay safe.

THIS is what its all about boys and girls ! ! Lets keep on taking care of eachother.