PDA

View Full Version : leo affairs

04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
The recent posts by numerous members of our union that are anti FOP should be reserved until after our current negotiations are finalized. This forum,(though beneficial to those who wish to remain anonymous) has been utilized by officers as an outlet (previously unavailable) to compare and contrast various topics, such as those previously expressed in detail.
However, since this is a public forum and we already have an open dialogue with the town, the negative posts can only have an adverse effect that is sure to result in a efficacious conclusion.
I am not attempting to exclude any/all ardent opinions or contradict your beliefs, I am simply requesting that we refain from openly discussing these private issues in the current format. Also, for clarity, I am submitting this open request as a concerned fellow member and not acting in any other capacity. Thank you for your consideration on this vital and crucial topic.

McDonough

04-25-2007, 08:34 PM
[quote="676"]the negative posts can only have an adverse effect that is sure to result in a efficacious conclusion.
Sorry, my error, I omitted the word less, it should state "less" efficacious conclusion.

04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
totally agree, you don't have to be a leo or work for davie to view or comment on this site. while we are in talks with the town our business should remain private. the more public it is it just shows we are divided.

04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I agree, finally a post that makes sense.

04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
676 ..... there is the pot calling the kettle black. You are the reason we have such problem. You came here good and now....... So sad

04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
I couldn't disagree more. It shows that we are unhappy with the current state of the union & town for that matter. We can only change unions during a certain window every few years - and it is now. ALL OF YOU OUT THERE THAT THINK THE PBA DOES NOT FIGHT FOR YOUR CONTRACT ARE RIGHT !! YOU DO !! THAT MEANS THAT YOU GUYS, THE ONES WHO WORK FOR DAVIE, NEGOTIATE WITH THE TOWN EVERY THREE YEARS, NOT THE PBA. DO YOU SEE FOP BIGWIGS SWOOPING IN TO FIGHT FOR OUR CONTRACT ?? NOPE ! AND NEITHER WILL PBA BIGWIGS.... WE FIGHT FOR WHAT WE WANT !! THE SAME MEMBERS - BAMFORD - DAVIS - ETC, WILL STILL BE IN THERE FIGHTING FOR WHAT WE WANT AS A DEPARTMENT...... SO YOU FOP DIEHARDS - FORGET ABOUT THE OLD DAYS - IT IS 2007 AND TIME FOR CHANGE.......... THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED THE POLICE OFFICER BILL OF RIGHTS - ASK ANY FOP REP IF THEY CAN EXPLAIN THEM TO YOU..........

04-26-2007, 12:48 AM
once again, someone who is a :cry: baby. The PBA will sell us out, just like they did in the past. If they are so good, then why is over half of BSO want to get rid of them. Come, you are smarter than that. You must be someone who is a :cry: baby. Just ask some HPD guys, they will tell you that is they could they would get rid of the PBA. But fear keeps them in check. DO YOU WANT TO FEAR YOUR UNION???????? The FOP has always been there for us. Yes we work our own contracts out with the city. The best of any area cities. The PBS will step in (BD) and get a good deal for himself, just like he did in the past. WAKE. A CHANGE NOW IS NOT GOOD> WE SHOULD BAND TOGETHER AND GET THIS CONTRACT DONE. THEN WE SHOULD TALK ABOUT ANY CHANGE.

04-26-2007, 04:40 AM
After having been a member of both unions, I can say that both have had their strengths and weaknesses. I prefer the accessibility of the PBA's legal aid over the FOP. Keep in mind that I am only basing this OPINION on my personal experience. As far as contract negotiations are concerned, I cannot and will not complain about my experiences with the FOP. I will continue to be a card carrying member of both unions and enjoy their benefits. If the time should come when a choice needs to be made for the membership as a whole, then I will make my opinion known and stand by the decision that our members make as a group. I don't believe that our union problems are a direct result of the board members. For those of you who have attended meetings, you will find that the union leaders listen to the members who are present and take their comments and concerns into consideration prior to making any decisions. In order for any union to succeed, the members must be ACTIVE and participate.

I do think that the role of either union in contract negotiations in the near future will not matter due to the expected budget problems municipalities will face. It is my OPINION that the city will drag any negotiations on and move to impasse until the State Senate can rectify the Property Tax dilema.

When comparing the two unions, don't fall into the trap of pointing fingers or simply stating that "BSO is unhappy with the PBA, so they must be terrible". And don't base your opinion of the FOP by what others are telling you. Do your own research and educate yourself. Talking about unions and comparing them is like comparing police departments when looking for a job. There are those who like and those who dislike, but it is up to each individual person to make his or her own decision.

04-26-2007, 02:51 PM
It is entertaining to read the responses of many of you who choose this forum to show your "MAN" or "WOMAN" hood. Do some research on your own and stop regurgitating the same B.S. you have heard around the building. There exists a small window period during which PERC cards can be distributed and a vote taken to determine interest in holding a selection process for Union representation. That time is in the final year of a contract and just prior to negotiating and accepting a new contract. WE, the existing members of this department, our elected reps, negotiate this contract in the "best interest" of the membership. I am a PBA member by choice and an FOP member because that is our bargaining unit representative. I do not get in trouble and need the legal, I am very pleased with the fact that I have been assured by the board members of the Broward County PBA that should we wish to negotiate our own contract, they are more than willing to permit same and welcome it. They would be in attendance only if requested for legal assistance with language or research assistance. The bottom line is the better our contract, the better someone elses contract and so on! The cycle continues until our turn again. As far as dividing us, my god man just look around. If we were any more divided we would need a N.N. council! So stop whining and complaining. If the support is there to officially change Unions, then it should be done with NO, and I stress NO, knock on the representatives currently elected. It has been said before, by myself and then others here in this forum, the UNION is us, the members, not the moniker we go by. FOKKER, OUT!

04-26-2007, 03:12 PM
why are we on this topic? why not at the monthly meeting? why not stiop the bashing of the messangers on fop, morale, money spent,etc... and talk as a grouop at the meetings? are we afraid to be exposed? why give s$$t to the folks who leave they names..... why not try be adults with our manhood ... agree or not with the first post abut i just wish it wasnt' on the computer fotr the town to read and laugh at us

04-27-2007, 05:12 AM
WELL HERE WE GO AGAIN! ANOTHER BOARD MEMBER HAS ATTEMPTED TO REACH OUT TO OFFICERS AND INSTEAD OF THANKS, HE GETS VILIFIED BY ANONYMOUS COWARDS! THEY USE SUCH MUNDANE NAMES AS "GUEST6" AND "ANTI676". TO THEM I SAY, DO EVERYONE WHO HAS THE COURAGE TO PUT THEIR NAMES ON THIS FORUM A FAVOR. IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE A COWARD, AT LEAST TRY AND BE A CLEVER ONE!
I HAVE BEEN HERE FOR 11YRS. AND HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW MCDONOUGH, DONOHUE, LEONE AND DAVIS PRETTY WELL. MCDONOUGH HAS BEEN ON THE BOARD FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND HAS BEEN IN NUMEROUS SUPERVISORS OFFICES RIGHT UP THE CHAIN. HE HAS BEEN IN THERE TO FIGHT FOR OFFICERS AND TO MAKE SURE THEY GET TREATED FAIRLY. DONOHUE AND LEONE ARE RELATIVELY NEW TO THE BOARD BUT HAVE REPRESENTED AND ASISSTED SEVERAL OFFICERS IN THEIR SHORT TIME AS REP.'S. DAVIS IS A SGT. WHICH MAKES IT DIFFICULT FOR HIM TO BE A REP. HOWEVER, I THINK IT WOULD BE DIFFICULT TO FIND AN OFFICER WHO FEELS THAT DAVIS HAS NOT ALWAYS TREATED OFFICERS FAIRLY AND WITH RESPECT.
AS FAR AS THE CONTRACT IS CONCERNED, LT. BAMFORD AND JOHN STOKES HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN SEVERAL OF THE PAST NEGOTIATIONS. THE CURRENT CONTRACT WAS GOOD FOR IT'S TIME AND I'M SURE THEY WILL NEGOTIATE ANOTHER CONTRACT THAT IS GOOD FOR THE FUTURE. OFFICERS ARE LEAVING OTHER AGENCIES TO COME TO DAVIE WHICH SHOULD BE AN INDICATION THAT IT IS A GOOD CONTRACT FOR THE AREA. OTHER OFFICERS ARE LEAVING DUE TO COST OF LIVING. BUT THEY ARE LEAVING TO ANOTHER PART OF THE STATE AND NOT ANOTHER LOCAL AGENCY.
IN RESPONSE TO LEGAL REPRESENTATION: I HAVE SEEN THE VARIOUS LEGAL DIFFICULTIES THAT OFFICERS HERE HAVE BEEN INVOVED IN. THEREFORE I UNDERSTAND HOW LEGAL REPRESENTATION IS A VALID CONCERN OF OFFICERS. IF THIS IS AT THE FOREFRONT OF YOUR CONCERNS THEN BY BY ALL MEANS DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOU. IF IT MEANS JOINING THE PBA AS WELL, THEN GO AHEAD AND JOIN. HOWEVER, THE CONTRACT WILL EFFECT MORE PEOPLE AND THE FOP WILL NEGOTIATE A BENEFITIAL ONE FOR OFFICERS. UNTIL THAT CONTRACT IS COMPLETED AND PRESENTED TO MEMBERS, IT WOULD BEHOOVE US NOT TO COMMENT ANY MORE ABOUT IT.
IN REGARDS TO MORALE, I UNDERSTAND WHY IT IS NOT AT AN ALL TIME HIGH, SO TO SPEAK. HOWEVER, THIS IS MY WORK LAPTOP AND I WILL RESPECTFULLY NOT MAKE ANY NEGATIVE COMMENTS TOWARDS ANY OF THE CAUSES OF THE LOW MORALE.

IN RESPONSE TO GENE'S POST JUSTIFYING FAVORITISM BY SAYING THAT IT OCCURRS IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR AS WELL. WOMEN ARE OFTEN PAID LESS THAN MEN IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR. USING THAT LOGIC, SHOULD THEY BE PAID LESS IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR AS WELL? OF COURSE NOT! IT IS WRONG IN THE PRIVATE SECTOR AND WOULD BE WRONG IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR. PEOPLE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY ACROSS THE BOARD IRRESPECTIVE OF AGE, RACE, SEX ETC. THAT IS ALL OFFICERS ARE ASKING FOR IN THEIR COMMENTS ON THIS FORUM. FAVORITISM IS EQUIVALENT TO DISCRIMINATION WHICH IS ILLEGAL IN THIS FREE WORLD, THOUGH I DON'T KNOW ABOUT NEVER NEVERLAND. FAVORITISM SHOULD NEVER BE ACCEPTED JUST AS RACISM, SEXISM AND ANY OTHER ISM THAT PUTS A LESS QUALIFIED PERSON AHEAD OF A MORE QUALIFIED ONE BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE.

I THINK PEOPLE KNOW ME IN THIS DEPT. AS SOMEONE WHO SPEAKS HIS MIND. THE RECENT ATTACKS ON BOARD MEMBERS IS ON MY MIND. I AM NOT SOMEONE WHO TRIES TO GAIN FAVOR OR DISFAVOR WITH SUPERVISORS OR ANYONE ELSE. I COME IN, DO MY JOB AND MY BEST TO ENSURE THAT I AND EVERY OTHER OFFICER GOES HOME AT THE END OF THE NIGHT. I TRY AND HELP BREAK THE TENSION OF THIS JOB BY CRACKING JOKES. SOMETIMES PEOPLE THINK I'M FUNNY, SOMETIMES THEY DON'T. HOWEVER, THEY KNOW THAT MY INTENTIONS ARE GOOD AND THAT I ALWAYS SPEAK MY MIND OPENLY. I DO NOT COWARDLY HIDE BEHIND RATHER ILL FORMED PEN NAMES!

----SULLIVAN-----

05-03-2007, 12:57 PM
hey josh who wrote this for you.

05-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Your sister. :lol: