PDA

View Full Version : pursuit policy

veteranrookie
04-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I, of course, don't want to get into detail about what our policy says about pursuits, but I am curious as to what may be allowed under extreme circumstances in a pursuit. By this I mean, if the pursued is placing citizen's lives and the lives of deputies at risk of death or harm is policy going to be allowed to be circumvented? Has it in the past? Can and will vehicle contact be allowed to be made under this type of extreme scenerio? Should it be allowed?

Anyone with some experience regarding this matter please comment.

Paradise
04-25-2007, 04:58 PM
If you are a member of our agency then ask someone about the details of the pursuit where Billy was hit by the fleeing felony suspects vehicle. I think that will answer your question.

I am not going to publicly post the details because I do not know if there is still an investigation going on. In any case if you are an employee, just ask someone who was there.

veteranrookie
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
ok, I will try that. I only wanted to see some intelligent discussion about this and get some feedback from some of the vets on the job about their take on it.

Paradise
04-25-2007, 05:15 PM
No problem but I would refrain from discussing tactics and policy on an open forum. If you get a chance, talk to JJ about it. He is the person that can give you the best answer to where we are today and where we are headed regarding those issues.

Good luck!

Paradise
04-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Veteranrookie,

4 43 I just responded back to your PM.

veteranrookie
04-25-2007, 06:00 PM
I got it thanks!

for your 43, I'm with you on the pandora's box theory. Some of the things discussed on here are crazy and we should all be especially careful not to expose confidential info, to include specifics about policy.

With regard to that, if you have a comment about this thread please give it, just remember not to compromise P&P for the safety of us all.

Paradise pointed this out to me and I thought it should be shared with all.

04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Maybe you havent noticed but ALL CCSO policies are public record. Tactics and certain training material is not.

veteranrookie
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM
guestt, thanks for pointing that out.

i only included that little disclaimer because the topic might invoke discussion of something that is sensitive in nature as far as how we handle business out there.

veteranrookie
04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
well now that we've discussed all the "red tape" concerning this topic,

Has anyone worked for an agency that allowed vehicle contact during a pursuit? If so, was it or did it ever become a liabilty? Or, did the means in which it was allowed to be used far outweigh the issue of liability?

These seem to be tough questions for any agency to tackle.

04-26-2007, 04:38 AM
This topic is for those who still enjoy driving along the front of a strip plaza and looking at their reflection in the store front wondows. What shall we talk about next, what kind of gun do we carry? When the need to ram a vehicle or even slam into it head on arrises there won't be any doubt about doing it. The perp shall have demonstrated such an act and further potential for violence that it would be a crime to not take him out.

veteranrookie
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
This topic is for those who still enjoy driving along the front of a strip plaza and looking at their reflection in the store front wondows. What shall we talk about next, what kind of gun do we carry? When the need to ram a vehicle or even slam into it head on arrises there won't be any doubt about doing it. The perp shall have demonstrated such an act and further potential for violence that it would be a crime to not take him out.

This must be one of those guys that some how ended up getting paid less than me when they adjusted the pay rates. I'm sorry! I didn't want to take the money! please forgive me

04-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Drop your G.I. Joe doll buddy , your mom's calling you. $30 an hour is hard to top so go back to looking at yerself in the mirrored store fronts as you hit the alley light lookin for broken glass. Let us know when you've accumulated more than 200 hours of sick time. :P

04-26-2007, 08:47 PM
OK veteranrookie.,

What was your MOS? What Unit? Were you deployed OIF or OEF, or both, and state unit or who you were attached to so I know you weren't a pogue....Otherwise drop the hooah nonsense.

veteranrookie
04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
woah, I turned into the bad guy. What the hell did I say to set you off? I'm guessing I was wrong to assume everyone loves this line of work as much as I do. I'm thinking you got the wrong impression of me.

Fire in the grid, is it? To set the record straight on my military service well,...I'm hoping you weren't a Marine because then you're going to think anyone who isn't is pogue but that's cool. I'll humor you anyway...

95B was my primary (which I think has changed to 31something)
OIF 1, and a little stint in macedonia (which was gay)
4th ID, 3rd ID, and XVIII Airborne Corps for a minute, before I was a 95B and still a 13F.
I was light fighter only briefly, but then learned that those cool things with wheels got me from point A to point B with much less grief.
And a total of 10 years in that uniform. Hope that meets the non-pogue criteria. If not then...I can at least say I wasn't a "seaman"

veteranrookie
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
oh it's Fire the Grid (sorry 'bout that)

and BTW if you believe the stats on my military service is a crock then I would be happy to PM my ID# and name to you so you can look me up. I have no problem making you a believer, in person, if need be. That is if you don't already know who I am.