PDA

View Full Version : Who was the Lt??????

04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Sheriff's deputies justified in firing 280 bullets at suspect
Advertisement

DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) -- Sheriff's deputies were justified in firing more than 280 bullets at a man who led authorities on a high-speed chase last year, an investigation found.

Antonio Isaias Magdaleno, 21, of Boynton Beach, was killed after being shot 31 times, State Attorney Barry Krischer wrote in his report, released Monday.

Magdaleno led authorities on a 19-minute chase last May through Palm Beach County, firing repeatedly at them as he sped away, according to Krischer. He fled from deputies after he allegedly got into a fight with several men.

Krischer determined that the deputies were justified in the shooting because Magdaleno endangered their lives and the public. No criminal charges will be filed.

However, Krischer questioned why 18 patrol cars participated in the chase.

"What's the tactical advantage there?" he wrote. "That's a lot of traffic and intersections that they are driving through. It creates the possibility of a risk to the general population."

Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw acknowledged there were problems with the way the pursuit was handled. He said his department policy calls for no more than three squad cars to participate in a chase under most circumstances.

The lieutenant who supervised the pursuit retired during the investigation into the shooting.

"He did a horrible job with this," Bradshaw said. "He endangered people's lives.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FL_DEPUTIES_SHOOTING_FLOL-?SITE=FLTAL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

04-25-2007, 12:26 AM
The lieutenant who supervised the pursuit retired during the investigation into the shooting.

YES, YEA, FOR SHERIFF BRADSHAW. !

A piece cut-n- pasted from the article. Pat yourself on the back now. Shows the Sheriff had no doubts who was wrong on this situation...and it was not our people, BUT THE LT. ON DUTY, and the bad guy of course, that night.

04-25-2007, 02:06 AM

[b][color=red]YES, YEA, FOR SHERIFF BRADSHAW.

A piece cut-n- pasted from the article. Pat yourself on the back now. Shows the Sheriff had no doubts who was wrong on this situation...and it was not our people, BUT THE LT. ON DUTY, and the bad guy of course, that night.

The Lieutenant quit after being demoted and is now running for Sheriff. God willingly he won't even come close to winning.

04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I read this and probably think the saame things most people do...This BAD GUY deserved exactly what he got...but I remmember a better statement from a Sheriff when questioned about the amount of bulletts they fired...HE said "I guess that's all the amunition they had"...wow what a way to stand behind your troops...Not this statment about someone making a bad descision...besides we all know that when a pursuit occurs it's the deputies that line up to get involved and its not really an LT who gets to call them off most the time

04-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I found with most Lt's the situation always seems to be less dangerous for THEM when they write it on a whiteboard....

If they were on scene they would probably put themselves in for a combat cross...

04-26-2007, 04:31 PM
I read this and probably think the saame things most people do...This BAD GUY deserved exactly what he got...but I remmember a better statement from a Sheriff when questioned about the amount of bulletts they fired...HE said "I guess that's all the amunition they had"...wow what a way to stand behind your troops...Not this statment about someone making a bad descision...besides we all know that when a pursuit occurs it's the deputies that line up to get involved and its not really an LT who gets to call them off most the time

Welcome to Palm Beach County. We are one of the wealthiest counties in this country and our Sheriff would be hung out to dry if he came out on TV and said what the Polk Co Sheriff said. Our Sheriff is good Sheriff and though I agree with the Polk Sheriff, that cannot be said here in Palm Beach. In this situation it was the LTs fault.

04-29-2007, 03:46 AM
The IA report should be out soon. We will see where O'Hara stands