PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why.

04-23-2007, 06:36 PM
If a P.O. gets stopped in Miami-Dade or Broward county 99% of the time he gets break, but if he/she gets stopped in any place in Florida other than the ones listed, he/she will get a citation 99% of the time. It seems like the P.O's in those places were born COPS. Come on we have to remember where we came from. Every rookie we get we schooled him/her on things not to do i.e.(do not ever write another P.O.). If I stop another P.O. I am going to show him/her the respect that they deserve, and give him/her a break. After all they are in the same line of work as Iam.

04-23-2007, 07:47 PM
I rarely hear of any cops being issued a ticket. I have stopped well over a hundred in my short career and I have never wrote any. There are just a few morons out there that do write others.

04-23-2007, 11:18 PM
did you mean every p.o.s. get's a ticket :lol: :lol:

04-24-2007, 04:09 AM
Well my wife just recevied a ticket from FHP this week. Even after she advised she was a wife of a PO. I even spoke to the FHP Trooper via the phone. I am paying the ticket.......Thanks guys I really appricate the hand. Yes she is wrong by speeding but I guess your able to check off a ticket stat for this. Good work.

This was Great news to hear from her after coming back from a Honor Guard Funeral and speaking to many FHP troopers. Heard many stories of FHP and now I know via my own experience.

Thanks for nothing.

04-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Well my wife just recevied a ticket from FHP this week. Even after she advised she was a wife of a PO. I even spoke to the FHP Trooper via the phone. I am paying the ticket.......Thanks guys I really appricate the hand. Yes she is wrong by speeding but I guess your able to check off a ticket stat for this. Good work.

This was Great news to hear from her after coming back from a Honor Guard Funeral and speaking to many FHP troopers. Heard many stories of FHP and now I know via my own experience.

Thanks for nothing.

That is taking it too far. I will not write a fellow cop, but almost everyone has a brother, sister, father, mother, wife, husband, bf, or gf that is a cop. I wouldnt write any tickets if gave all those people a break that are related or married to a cop. I have stopped cop's children before for doing well over 110mph and the first thing they tell me is, "oh hi my dad works for TPD." I say, "ok nice here is your ticket". I dont enjoy writing those people but I HATE when people use it as an excuse to break the law. Now I wont write lame stuff like 10mph over, but I dont stop that stuff to start with.... :lol:

04-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Makes sense to me.

I have no problem with cops not writing cops for relatively minor traffic infractions, but when a cop or family member is out there running 30mph over the limit there is simply no excuse.

Another thing. You are wrong if you believe that only cops will stop and assist an officer who is in a fight with someone he has stopped. Examples abound of mere citizens stopping and getting involved in these situations.

Your badge does NOT give you free rein to ignore the traffic laws that the rest of us must observe. If you habitually drive at speeds significantly above the posted limit and you get a ticket - you deserve what you get. This isn't a "brotherhood" issue - it is a "respect" issue. It is also a safety issue - for the rest of us.

Habitual breaking of the traffic laws shows you do NOT respect the officers who are working that stretch of highway in an effort to keep us ALL safe!

"Breaks" for minor infractions? Sure!

Being given a pass when you are placing the rest of the driving public at risk? No way!

:!:

04-24-2007, 11:12 PM
For troopers its always about respect, and other officers giving it to them. Seems thats why they are a trooper in the first place with the low pay, they want that respect...that ego boost.

For all other cops its about the brotherhood, and to us respect is not citing each other and the ability to understand what another brother LEO goes through on a daily basis.

Get off your "respect" high horse, if another cop speeds down the highway it may not be technically right, but they are not trying to disrespect you. If you feel that way you think to much of yourself and need to take a step back and really look as to why you are in this job.

Do you do it for the respect? The ego boost the gun and badge give you, or the ability to say "I'm a state trooper?" Any of those are the wrong reasons.

Your pathetic!

04-25-2007, 12:22 AM
For troopers its always about respect, and other officers giving it to them. Seems thats why they are a trooper in the first place with the low pay, they want that respect...that ego boost.

For all other cops its about the brotherhood, and to us respect is not citing each other and the ability to understand what another brother LEO goes through on a daily basis.

Get off your "respect" high horse, if another cop speeds down the highway it may not be technically right, but they are not trying to disrespect you. If you feel that way you think to much of yourself and need to take a step back and really look as to why you are in this job.

Do you do it for the respect? The ego boost the gun and badge give you, or the ability to say "I'm a state trooper?" Any of those are the wrong reasons.

Your pathetic!

LOL...it's "You're pathetic".

04-25-2007, 02:50 AM
Your best response was to correct another user's grammar on an informal forum? Is this your idea of an inteligent response? A point was being made and you thought it would be smart to degrade the writer through his grammar, instead of addressing the context of what he wrote?

Technically your response was not grammatically correct either and should have read as follows...

LOL...its (without the apostrophe) "You're pathetic." (the period is located prior to the last quotation, not after)

So before you try and jump on someone else for something so PATHETIC, make sure you can form a four word sentence grammatically correct!

04-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Makes sense to me.

I have no problem with cops not writing cops for relatively minor traffic infractions, but when a cop or family member is out there running 30mph over the limit there is simply no excuse.

Another thing. You are wrong if you believe that only cops will stop and assist an officer who is in a fight with someone he has stopped. Examples abound of mere citizens stopping and getting involved in these situations.

Your badge does NOT give you free rein to ignore the traffic laws that the rest of us must observe. If you habitually drive at speeds significantly above the posted limit and you get a ticket - you deserve what you get. This isn't a "brotherhood" issue - it is a "respect" issue. It is also a safety issue - for the rest of us.

Habitual breaking of the traffic laws shows you do NOT respect the officers who are working that stretch of highway in an effort to keep us ALL safe!

Being given a pass when you are placing the rest of the driving public at risk? No way!

So is 13 over a speed that is significantly over the speed limit? Or is it a minor infractions for which a break is in order?

Is speeding down a highway because your son (who is also a police officer) is dying in a hospital, showing a lack of respect for you and your roadway?

Define to me what "Habitual breaking of the traffic laws" means to you?

Sorry, since I am speaking with the almighty King who could do no wrong, could you also give me some advice on how to raise my children? So they can grow up better than me, since I am so inferior and you are so perfect.

Been There, Done That
04-25-2007, 11:03 PM

Thanks for nothing.

That is taking it too far. I will not write a fellow cop, but almost everyone has a brother, sister, father, mother, wife, husband, bf, or gf that is a cop. I wouldnt write any tickets if gave all those people a break that are related or married to a cop. I have stopped cop's children before for doing well over 110mph and the first thing they tell me is, "oh hi my dad works for TPD." I say, "ok nice here is your ticket". I dont enjoy writing those people but I HATE when people use it as an excuse to break the law. Now I wont write lame stuff like 10mph over, but I dont stop that stuff to start with.... :lol:

OVER 110?!?!?!? Holy CRAP ! ! I hope you called daddy and informed him. If i could get ahold of the LEO i would inform them of the circumstances, and YES the lil "so-n-so" would get a ticket as well......reduced speed as a courtesy to the LEO, but HELL YES A CITE ! !

05-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Makes sense to me.

So is 13 over a speed that is significantly over the speed limit? Or is it a minor infractions for which a break is in order?

Is speeding down a highway because your son (who is also a police officer) is dying in a hospital, showing a lack of respect for you and your roadway?

Define to me what "Habitual breaking of the traffic laws" means to you?

Sorry, since I am speaking with the almighty King who could do no wrong, could you also give me some advice on how to raise my children? So they can grow up better than me, since I am so inferior and you are so perfect.

I dont get it. We are the lowest paid job in Florida. Its the least I can do is give a cop or his family a break because he puts his life on the line everyday and I appreciate it. I will not write another LEO. Their are Hundreds of people out their too write and I give plenty of breaks to the public so its not a big deal to give a cop a break. Raise your children like you are suppost to.... Its a perc for being a cop end of story. Does a Mortgage broke get a deal on financing a house. Most likely. Come on people its a freaking infraction who cares. If your on a crash and you have to that is one thing but a freaking traffic stop.. Simply say " hey be safe and Have a nice day" See thats not so hard...Next clientelll please

05-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Makes sense to me.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I BET U WOULDN'T WRITE THEM IF COL. KNIGHT ASKED U NOT TO WRITE THEM LIKE WHEN HE ASKED U NOT TO WRITE LEGISLATORS AND SENATORS WRITE! GET REAL TROOPER AND GET OFF YOUR HORSE STOP GIVING THE REST OF US A HARD TIME WITH OUR OTHER BROTHERS, BE A MAN.

05-04-2007, 10:43 AM
This is getting really old. Don't speed, don't get stopped, don't risk a ticket. It's not rocket science.