PDA

View Full Version : Greenacres PD

04-22-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm not from the area so I was wondering perhaps what the reputation of Greenacres PD is. I was intrested in applying. Pros and cons?

04-22-2007, 07:01 PM
If anyone answers this post, go ahead and throw in comments about town of palm beach pd. Is is harder to get in with them than with pbso?

04-24-2007, 03:27 AM
You say it's harder to get on with GPD or Palm Beach?

04-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Im asking if its harder to get on with pbso than with palm beach pd and what do the pbso guys think of palm beach pd.

04-24-2007, 10:07 PM
With all do respect, what does that have to do with greenacres (the topic)?

04-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Listen to me, Whatever you do, DON'T apply at that crappy @ss Police Dept called Greenacres!
I once worked there, and that is the biggest piece of sh#t department i've ever seen.
If you don't believe me, ask the 50+ officers that now work at PBSO.
Greenacres will destroy you, and smash you into a thousand little pieces!
Did I make my point?
Good luck, apply at PBSO, and have a nice day.

04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
By the way Palm Beach PD is nice if you want to bend over backwards for the rich jerks on that little island they patrol. They have no crime, and I hear they micro-manage real bad. If you want a large agency with real work, go to: www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org) and get a job. Good luck.

04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
DON'T DO IT! The City of Palm Beach will lure you in with a decent salary but you will end up "eating your gun" . It's boring as shit and you will be micro-managed like you never believed you could. much easier to get on PBSP because of the siz e of the dept. But there's a hiring freeze right but it won't last long. PBSO blows away Grenacres and Palm Beach P.D.

04-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Listen to me, Whatever you do, DON'T apply at that Police Dept called Greenacres!
I once worked there, and that is the biggest mess i've ever seen.
Did I make my point?
Good luck, apply at PBSO, and have a nice day.[b]

Greenacres Police Dept should cave in on itself anyday.

04-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Here here,

Listen to what these guys are saying. Apply at PBSO and be patient, you'll get hired it may just take a few months.

take it from all the people who have worked elsewhere and then went to work at PBSO. It really is the best department in SE Florida.

04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
what about West Palm Beach PD? Good agency? busy? hows the admin?

04-28-2007, 11:53 AM
what about West Palm Beach PD? Good agency? busy? hows the admin?

It was a good place and now we have their Chief. The current admin sucks, and PBSO is still overall better. I came from West Palm PD and while there were some benefits I would never go back. I make more money at PBSO not having to contribute and pay as much health care. After working at PBSO I would never work for another city.

04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Damn, that sounds awful, I already applied and I spoke to the ONLY lady in HR and she said I would need to take a PAT. Apparently they administer their own, so I went over to the PD and they have no idea what the PAT consists of and they don't know where or when they administer it.

04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Listen to me, Whatever you do, DON'T apply at that Police Dept called Greenacres!
I once worked there, and that is the biggest mess up department i've ever seen.
Did I make my point?
Good luck, apply at PBSO, and have a nice day.

Greenacres Police Dept should cave in on itself anyday. That place is God-awful.

I live in GA and I pray everyday that the SO will take them over.

04-30-2007, 05:00 AM
lol, i already applied....

05-23-2007, 07:38 AM
So I called Greenacres PD to see what the deal was with my app since I haven't heard anything for over a month and they advised me they are in a hiring freeze due to budget cuts as well, they should hear somthing from the city manager by mid to late june. I suppose gettin on with greenacres and it being taken over is a good way to get grandfather'd in with PBSO. I hear PBSO's hiring process is somwhere up to 9 or 10 mo's.

05-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Joyce Stelling, the HR Manager said she personally has reduced the time of being hired. But that is only if this new online system is running ok. If not, they have no idea where any applications went. In closing, the entire HR unit needs to be revamped. Major Vecchia, Stelling....the cigarette smoking club....needs to go.

06-04-2007, 11:53 PM
God greenacres don't do it, palm Beach s*** If you like picking the news paper and garbage cans. PBSO im telling you is the way to go big time.

www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org)