PDA

View Full Version : Where are the CP D/S?

04-22-2007, 04:01 AM
Here we are taking care of calls in the sites and look what these guys are up to!!!! :evil: :evil:
!!! :evil: :evil:
I saw this in the news and in the PB Post!!!!

April 18, 2007
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MA07-55
MEDIA ADVISORY

PALM BEACH COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE COMMUNITY POLICING DEPUTIES PARTNER WITH PALM BEACH COUNTY HABITAT FOR HUMANITY

WHAT:
16 Deputies from the Community Policing Division will partner with Habitat for Humanity and their volunteers to build a house on Oswego Ave in the Westgate Area.

WHEN:
Thursday, April 19 and Friday, April 20, 2007

WHERE:
Oswego Ave (Westgate area)
West Palm Beach, FL

TIME:
7:30 am to 3:00 pm

For additional information please contact Sgt. Rick Dempsey at 688-4186 or Bernadette Diaz, Volunteer & Family Services Coordinator for PBC Habitat for Humanity at 433-3351.

04-22-2007, 04:19 AM
Apparantly they are out building homes for those who need them. They also participate in other community projects that stem out of their sites. That is why there are committed Deps like you to pick up the calls in the sites when they are not available. Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts, they do not go unnoticed.

04-22-2007, 04:30 AM
Apparantly they are out building homes for those who need them. They also participate in other community projects that stem out of their sites. That is why there are committed Deps like you to pick up the calls in the sites when they are not available. Thank you for all of your hard work and efforts, they do not go unnoticed.

So they work hard???
When I never see them after dark....In dist 1.....
And when they are there how can calls go out in their site and they not take them....How can they know whats going on!!!!
Look at any major PD in the US and you will see that the CP is going away... and POP is on the rise....
If they still have CP the number of officer assigned in min not near the numbers we have...... :evil:

04-22-2007, 04:39 AM
It sounds like you are very unhappy with your assignment. It is a big agency, look into an assignment thay may make you happy. Don't worry about what others are doing, just do your best at what you do. Also, if you have any critzism, try presenting it to the Dist. 1 CP Sgt's and see if they can work their squads to better fit your perception of what they sould be doing. If that doesn't work, try the CP Lt., Capt. and Col. Gauger if needed. Good luck and God Bless you.

Been There, Done That
04-23-2007, 01:56 AM
It sounds like you are very unhappy with your assignment. It is a big agency, look into an assignment thay may make you happy. Don't worry about what others are doing, just do your best at what you do. Also, if you have any critzism, try presenting it to the Dist. 1 CP Sgt's and see if they can work their squads to better fit your perception of what they sould be doing. If that doesn't work, try the CP Lt., Capt. and Col. Gauger if needed. Good luck and God Bless you.

I do not think it is proper that the taxpayers of PB County pay for deputies to hel Habitat or any other project while they are on the clock for PBSO...If they want to help build homes for those that need them, that is VERY admirable....but do it on your OWN time.

04-25-2007, 06:18 AM
If I recall your patch and badge says Palm Beach County on it, not a zone assignment. The CP deputies work different types of projects than road patrol. Just because they are assigned a site doesn't mean they are to take all the calls in that site. I'm sure over time your zone partners have taking calls in your zone, does that mean they should hate you. We are all here to work together for the good of the communities. If you don't like taking the call of a road patrol deputy then transfer to another assignment. We are all brothers out here, let's grow up and work with one another and be safe.

04-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know, it sure seems like CP works 9-5, and criminals usually don't play until after dark.
CP should hit the worst area in the evening if not at night, so road deputies don't have to do their site plans. The road, especially Dist 1 and 3 have alot to do already.
CP sounds like a permanent vacation, and that's not what its suppose to do. In theory that is...

04-27-2007, 07:53 PM
It's even worse than you know. If you knew half of what I know, you'd file on them for signal 30.

04-28-2007, 02:49 AM
You may not be aware-but CP deputies do exactly what they are ordered from both of the Colonels (Gauger and Virdigi).

04-28-2007, 04:10 AM
So its the FOG huh? I thought CP was going to attack the problem. Apparently now its the CP/This old house hour.

Then the District commanders need to lay off the road units because they want crime down in this development, or in this crack/section 8/HUD housing area!

04-28-2007, 04:25 PM
It is with interest that I read the posts, slamming CP and those who work in the unit. Ironically, CP is like every other unit in an agency the size of PBSO. There are those who "do the time" and those who are committed. There are those who wait to be sent to a call and there are those who find things themselves.
It is always easy to hide behind the cloak of secrecy and ridicule others. The workers probably spend little time posting, and the majority finding problems to solve.
The CP sites, if you've been around awhile were some of the worst in the County. Thanks to CP and some committed road deputies they were cleaned up. Then maintenance is required, otherwise they return their original crime ridden state.
"CP doesn't do anything" was basically the quote I read....well, how many CP deputies were at the site of the apprehension of the bank robbers? Isn't it interesting that the so called "slackers" were there, along with multiple off-duty personnel who responded to the incident.
Each and every unit is important by itself... it is the people who work in them that make it exceptional. With good days and bad, with days of hard work and some where they coast to catch their wind.... How about building morale and teamwork.... quit critizing something you might not understand or haven't considered its worth...

04-28-2007, 06:20 PM
It is with interest that I read the posts, slamming CP and those who work in the unit. Ironically, CP is like every other unit in an agency the size of PBSO. There are those who "do the time" and those who are committed. There are those who wait to be sent to a call and there are those who find things themselves.
It is always easy to hide behind the cloak of secrecy and ridicule others. The workers probably spend little time posting, and the majority finding problems to solve.
The CP sites, if you've been around awhile were some of the worst in the County. Thanks to CP and some committed road deputies they were cleaned up. Then maintenance is required, otherwise they return their original crime ridden state.
"CP doesn't do anything" was basically the quote I read....well, how many CP deputies were at the site of the apprehension of the bank robbers? Isn't it interesting that the so called "slackers" were there, along with multiple off-duty personnel who responded to the incident.
Each and every unit is important by itself... it is the people who work in them that make it exceptional. With good days and bad, with days of hard work and some where they coast to catch their wind.... How about building morale and teamwork.... quit critizing something you might not understand or haven't considered its worth...

I agree with what you said, but what I see on the road is a majority of the guys in CP just avoiding the calls they had to take on the road. Yes the CP sites have been really cleaned up, I've witnessed that first hand. However, that was a couple of years ago and most of the hardworking deputies earned the spots they wanted after putting in their time with CP. The guys they have now could learn a thing or two about that instead of just assuming they're going to get it. If a calls goes out in a CP site and CP is 10-8 TAKE THE CALL. That's the whole point of being in a site. I was....I know!!!

04-29-2007, 04:03 AM
Why don't you guys stop complaining about CP. You have no idea what special projects they are directed to do. You are just a bunch of complainers because you have to answer calls. Too bad, that is your job. If you don't like it, quit. Flip burgers at McDonalds like Burns and Archambault, your favorite deputies are doing now. Join the ranks

04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
[quote="Anonymous"]Why don't you guys stop *****ing about CP. You have no idea what special projects they are directed to do. You are just a bunch of complainers because you have to answer calls. Too bad, that is your job. If you don't like it, quit. Flip burgers at McDonalds like Burns and Archambault, your favorite deputies are doing now. Join the ranks

I have said this before and I'll say it again, the reason CP aint making a real difference is because of leadership. I am a sergeant, and so I don't get beat up I'll kept the distirct to myself. The CP sergeant are no where to be found and we never see their LT or Captain. They are doing whatever the CP deputies want with noone checking on them. They should be spending most of their time working on the gangs. Those gangs are in their sites and there are alot of drug activities going on without anyone dealing with it. I think support to communty projects are in fact an important part of trust and community building, but put that to a back seat to out of control crime fighting. I have complained to my watch commander about this and was told all issues with CP are handled by their unit LT, but he is never, ever around. We have left messages with his secretary but he never calls back and he won't come to roll calls.

05-02-2007, 01:00 AM
Why don't you guys stop *****ing about CP. You have no idea what special projects they are directed to do. You are just a bunch of complainers because you have to answer calls. Too bad, that is your job. If you don't like it, quit. Flip burgers at McDonalds like Burns and Archambault, your favorite deputies are doing now. Join the ranks

I have said this before and I'll say it again, the reason CP aint making a real difference is because of leadership. I am a sergeant, and so I don't get beat up I'll kept the distirct to myself. The CP sergeant are no where to be found and we never see their LT or Captain. They are doing whatever the CP deputies want with noone checking on them. They should be spending most of their time working on the gangs. Those gangs are in their sites and there are alot of drug activities going on without anyone dealing with it. I think support to communty projects are in fact an important part of trust and community building, but put that to a back seat to out of control crime fighting. I have complained to my watch commander about this and was told all issues with CP are handled by their unit LT, but he is never, ever around. We have left messages with his secretary but he never calls back and he won't come to roll calls.

I want to clarify since the follow-on posting is trying to minimize my posting and basically say I am just throwing rocks. I am not. And yes I was a bit harsh but I am frustrated by this whole thing. So, after counting to a 1000 I am restating what I wrote.

First, there are very good people in CP and they have good sergeants to. The involvement of SGT Hightower proves CP does contibute and work. The problem is we all need to be on the same page.

I do, and my guys do some action plans. We could do more. They have come a long way in writing them and more needs to be done to make them better. I'll admit that. SARA is not an easy thing to write into a signal 99. And I get different opinions on how to wroite them and make changes. I am learning and willing to learn how to write and review them. I'd like to have a Barry Trombley-type come to my roll calls to help teach better CP technqiues and gangbusting, action plans, and the like. I'd like to have the CP sergeant and Lt meet me and my watch commander once or twice a month after roll call to compare notes and go over the problems we see.

I have no idea what CP is doing well that I can do at my level. I have asked for CPer to come to roll call so my guys can get to know the CP guys and I can team them up. I have got alot of newbee's and they dun't know the CPers. We can fix that, right? But, none of this is happening no matter how many times I have tried to break bread with them.

Help.

05-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Reasonable post.. I would suggest you ask one of the CP sergeants to meet with you and discuss the sites in your area of responsibility. If that doesn't work, then try the CP lieutenant, if he refuses, then ask Capt Jablonski.... If none of that works, try a hallway shot at the Colonel... I bet he'd love to hear from you and would probably make something happen....quickly..

05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Why don't you guys stop *****ing about CP. You have no idea what special projects they are directed to do. You are just a bunch of complainers because you have to answer calls. Too bad, that is your job. If you don't like it, quit. Flip burgers at McDonalds like Burns and Archambault, your favorite deputies are doing now. Join the ranks of the losers

I don't understand why you don't call the Lt. directly. I don't know his number off hand but it was listed in one of these "bashing" threads earlier and it can be found on the APPS page as well as his cell number.

I've always found that it is harder to be so critical once I knew what was going on in the background. That would be the professional thing to do or you could remain behind the secret curtain and take cheap shots. Just a thought.

Fortunately I'm in a position within the agency doing a job that isn't affected by all this but this tearing down has to stop. We should be building each other up. What's next? K-9s bark too much? Traffic uses too much radio time going 10-50? The typical road D/S doesn't "care" and is in it only for the paycheck? Come on.....................

05-07-2007, 09:49 PM
I am your Cabana Colony CP D/S. I regularly take calls when I'm in Cabana Colony and not transitioning RPBPD or Mangonia Park PD or on a perimeter in Westgate. I get daily updates on each & every report that's taken in Cabana Colony and conduct follow-ups with the victims of your reports. I have taken several reports that were (let's say set aside/dismissed) by other D/S's (who shall remain nameless...) which have resulted in successful prosecutions. If I'm on-duty, and not being utilized elsewhere, I happily take my calls. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, feel free to call me. My cell number is listed at the front desk (PBSO), Cabana Colony Newsletter (each month) and on my office door. I do this so that you don't have to be bothered by the citizens of Cabana Colony. I don't mind doing my job. It beats whining about others who don't.

05-08-2007, 01:04 AM
CP d/s:
I know who you are and for the record, you kick **** Don't let these guys who are stuck in a position that they don't enjoy steer you away from your job. Were all working in the same uniform and we all need to standby each other. I have been there and done it too.

I think CP is doing all they can under the circumstances. We all have are job functions and we all do what is required. Please don't worry about the few that are too young to understand what law enforcement is really about.

Be safe brothers and sisters!
Tank

05-11-2007, 03:19 AM
When we start getting swamped on the road in D3, the CP sergeant makes his guys help us with calls. The CP sergeant for D3 kicks **** and there should be a lot more like him.

05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Not only does he have his guys help out when needed. I've heard him pick up a few calls when he's near it.

05-11-2007, 03:05 PM
great job 346!! your the best

05-20-2007, 04:04 PM
For all the CP haters, we may not always be out due to other community events that encourages communities to want more policing (job security for everyone) but when we are out......we usually make a statement or impact. Great Job Marine!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vest saves deputy from bullet

By Jerome Burdi
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 20 2007

Despite getting shot in the chest -- and saved by his bullet-proof vest -- a deputy shot back and chased the masked gunman before losing him about 11:30 p.m. Friday near Boynton Beach, the Sheriff's Office said.

The deputy noticed a suspicious person in the back of an office building in the 7100 block of Seacrest Boulevard and pulled over, walking to the rear, Sgt. Pete Palenzuela said. He saw the suspect's silhouette and ordered the person to come out. It is not clear whether the deputy identified himself.

LocalLinks

"He turned around and immediately shot the officer," Palenzuela said.

Though the officer was not completely exposed to the shooter, he was hit. The suspect seems to have only fired once, investigators said. The deputy, who had minor injuries, has been with the Sheriff's Office for more than two years and was not identified.

After the shooting, the officer's "warrior" mindset kicked in and he decided to pursue the shooter rather then lie down, Palenzuela said. Many times after officers are shot at they may lie on the ground even if they weren't hit, Palenzuela said. This allows a suspect to gain an advantage, he said.

"He wasn't going to lose this encounter," Palenzuela said.

Florida Highway Patrol officers along with Lantana and Boynton Beach police helped sheriff's deputies look for a man they described as 6-feet tall, wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans and a black ski-mask.

The Sheriff's Office policy on bullet-proof, or ballistic, vests is that they must be readily accessible but do not have to be worn. The vests are preferred especially for high-risk calls involving weapons, Palenzuela said.

Friday's shooting is one of at least three this year in which violence has been directed toward deputies, Palenzuela said.

On April 28 deputies shot and wounded a suspected drug dealer who attempted to run them over west of West Palm Beach. And on April 27 deputies shot two suspected bank robbers west of Boynton Beach, killing one. One of the alleged robbers was armed and allegedly turning to shoot a deputy; the other was struggling with another deputy for his gun, police said. Deputies were not injured in the incidents.

The deputy in Friday's shooting was put on standard administrative leave, Palenzuela said. The vest he wore made all the difference.

"You never know when you're going to be subject to a deadly force encounter," Palenzuela said. "The vest was instrumental to saving his life."

Anyone with information should call Detective Jamie Roussel, 561-688-4042 or Crime Stoppers, 800-458-8477.

Staff Writer Maria Herrera and Staff Researcher William Lucey contributed to this report.

Staff Writer Jerome Burdi can be reached at jjburdi@sun-sentinel.com or 561-243-6531.

05-20-2007, 08:04 PM
For all the CP haters, we may not always be out due to other community events that encourages communities to want more policing (job security for everyone) but when we are out......we usually make a statement or impact. Great Job Marine!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vest saves deputy from bullet

By Jerome Burdi
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 20 2007

Despite getting shot in the chest -- and saved by his bullet-proof vest -- a deputy shot back and chased the masked gunman before losing him about 11:30 p.m. Friday near Boynton Beach, the Sheriff's Office said.

The deputy noticed a suspicious person in the back of an office building in the 7100 block of Seacrest Boulevard and pulled over, walking to the rear, Sgt. Pete Palenzuela said. He saw the suspect's silhouette and ordered the person to come out. It is not clear whether the deputy identified himself.

LocalLinks

"He turned around and immediately shot the officer," Palenzuela said.

Though the officer was not completely exposed to the shooter, he was hit. The suspect seems to have only fired once, investigators said. The deputy, who had minor injuries, has been with the Sheriff's Office for more than two years and was not identified.

After the shooting, the officer's "warrior" mindset kicked in and he decided to pursue the shooter rather then lie down, Palenzuela said. Many times after officers are shot at they may lie on the ground even if they weren't hit, Palenzuela said. This allows a suspect to gain an advantage, he said.

"He wasn't going to lose this encounter," Palenzuela said.

Florida Highway Patrol officers along with Lantana and Boynton Beach police helped sheriff's deputies look for a man they described as 6-feet tall, wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans and a black ski-mask.

The Sheriff's Office policy on bullet-proof, or ballistic, vests is that they must be readily accessible but do not have to be worn. The vests are preferred especially for high-risk calls involving weapons, Palenzuela said.

Friday's shooting is one of at least three this year in which violence has been directed toward deputies, Palenzuela said.

On April 28 deputies shot and wounded a suspected drug dealer who attempted to run them over west of West Palm Beach. And on April 27 deputies shot two suspected bank robbers west of Boynton Beach, killing one. One of the alleged robbers was armed and allegedly turning to shoot a deputy; the other was struggling with another deputy for his gun, police said. Deputies were not injured in the incidents.

The deputy in Friday's shooting was put on standard administrative leave, Palenzuela said. The vest he wore made all the difference.

"You never know when you're going to be subject to a deadly force encounter," Palenzuela said. "The vest was instrumental to saving his life."

Anyone with information should call Detective Jamie Roussel, 561-688-4042 or Crime Stoppers, 800-458-8477.

Staff Writer Maria Herrera and Staff Researcher William Lucey contributed to this report.

Staff Writer Jerome Burdi can be reached at jjburdi@sun-sentinel.com or 561-243-6531.

How about saying good job DEPUTY since that was his capacity. Yes once a Marine always a Marine I've been there. However, he was acting in the capacity as a Deputy, a Community Policing Deputy. Great job Deputy!

05-20-2007, 09:36 PM
THANK GOD HE SURVIVED ! ! I understand he is going to receive a Counseling Form from this incident....................He failed to go to the closest store and BUY A LOTTERY TICKET ! ! ! I sure would have don it.....of course it would have been immeaditely AFTER getting a clean pair of undies ! ! Thank GOD HE SURVIVED ! ! Of course, we ALL know since he wasnt really injured....King Barry will reduce it to Simple Battery.

05-20-2007, 09:42 PM
My fellow marine make sure you keep your mind free and clear from post thoughts. Your alive and kicking.......GOD BLESS my friend!! U rah semper fi!!

05-21-2007, 03:25 AM
I guess all you disbelievers in CP can go pound sand. CP Deputies have been involved in the last several shootings we have had. I guess that shows they are out there doing a good job. Keep up the good work guys. For all you disgruntled complainers, if you want to be a real DS, I guess you had better put in for CP the next time it comes around.

05-21-2007, 09:06 PM
aaa, are you upset the CP crew showed you up again??? Maybe you will be a real cop someday, when you grow up. Keep eating your Wheaties little one.

05-23-2007, 08:34 PM
community policing is a job where you have a responsibility for a known geographical area and often the data they collect about people is of huge benefit to detectives. road patrol deputies take calls but they have no accountability for anything going on in the sector. you get a call, you handle it but nobody points a finger at the sector guy and says "how did 10 burglaries go on during your shift ?" there was a time that the districts had a liasonship with ocb and street drug sales and concentrations of criminals were dealt with on a district level by a district team. like all good ideas, it's been replaced by more media correct things. the cp deputies are immersed in an area where human failure and blight is the lay of the land, everyday. it's alot more responsibility and often much more dangerous. cp deputies could say that road deputies are well known for underinvestigating crimes and since they can just get back in their car and leave, no wonder they blow things off. the cp deputy is there and everyone knows his name. it's a whole different world from road patrol. the concept is to win community trust and by doing so, acquire informants of a sort all over an area. these informants provide leads which get forwarded to detectives who solve crimes. that is the hinge of the two factions. a cp deputy has more of a investigatory role while the undertone of road patrol is to underinvestigate to minimize paperwork.
Granted, there are some problems with a CP unit or concept that doesn't take responsibility for their site but they have a job to do that might be different than yours. It's no reason to hate anybody. My friend, ever since this 11.5 hour thing sank in, there has been a friction between the road and anybody who doesn't work 11.5 hours. The people who created this schedule rose through the ranks working 8.5 hours, getting plenty of rest, getting daily time with their families, getting plenty of exercise, furthering their education, accomodating their wives schedules, reduced stress and coming in to work where the focus was on the work, not the workplace.
These people treated all of us like pie pieces instead of human beings and broke the one basic rule of decency....DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE TO YOU . If you want to hate someone, hate the people who invented overwork and overstress at PBSO .

05-24-2007, 02:43 AM
The Community Policing Unit is going to be eliminated and those deputies placed back in the districts. This is because of the budget problems. The Colonel has said it is the intention to make the entire Law Enforcement Dept. part of a program called COPPS (Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving). Everyone will be trained in this starting shortly. It is a great concept and will become a department wide initiative. At least there will no longer be any gripping about CP. Everyone will be CP.

05-24-2007, 04:17 AM
The Community Policing Unit is going to be eliminated and those deputies placed back in the districts. This is because of the budget problems. The Colonel has said it is the intention to make the entire Law Enforcement Dept. part of a program called COPPS (Community Oriented Policing and Problem Solving). Everyone will be trained in this starting shortly. It is a great concept and will become a department wide initiative. At least there will no longer be any gripping about CP. Everyone will be CP.

Thats really really funny that certain individuals quote the Col. or the Sheriff himself. Take this for what it is......those who are not involved in CP should not comment or talk down about CP. CP has much more responsiblities than anyone really can imagine. Until you do it, don't knock it.
The Col. sat down with most of the CP Deputies & Sgt's pertaining to the budget and discuss where the direction CP is headed.
CP is not going anywhere. The only discussion pertaining to Comm. Policing is it may go backdown to the District levels due to budget reasons to help start the new Dist 6 with Admin and higher Chain of Command.
The last statement is incorrect and should not quote anyone other than his own speculations and rumors.

05-24-2007, 03:03 PM

Thats really really funny that certain individuals quote the Col. or the Sheriff himself. Take this for what it is......those who are not involved in CP should not comment or talk down about CP. CP has much more responsiblities than anyone really can imagine. Until you do it, don't knock it.
The Col. sat down with most of the CP Deputies & Sgt's pertaining to the budget and discuss where the direction CP is headed.
CP is not going anywhere. The only discussion pertaining to Comm. Policing is it may go backdown to the District levels due to budget reasons to help start the new Dist 6 with Admin and higher Chain of Command.
The last statement is incorrect and should not quote anyone other than his own speculations and rumors.

You are correct, I heard this from several upper level staff members. We are not going to be all CP Deputies.

05-25-2007, 12:40 AM
All you guys will be doing the COPPS thing very soon. You won't be complaining about CP anymore, because you will be part of it. Be careful what you ask for......

07-29-2007, 09:59 AM
how do I get in

10-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Bradshaw is a great sheriff! CP Deputies should come back to the road becuase it's obvious it does't work. We have tons of Gangs roaming our streets. Better yet, make CP the Gang Buster unit!

10-26-2007, 01:18 AM
What, gang buster turned out to be a flop - over 85percent of their cases were dropped by the state attorney. ask state attorney office if you do not believe. cp is waste of man power, just like the "street team" in dist one. they do nothing but 10-50's all night long and cry when 396 asks them to take a call. waste of manpower!

10-26-2007, 01:23 AM
To the guy who states CP doesn't work. We have a DUI and Traffic unit in our county, yet we still have drunk drivers and crash fatalities. Does this mean we should get rid of the traffic unit. We have a Violent Crime Division, yet we still have homicides and robberies. Does this mean we should get rid of VCD? CP is an attempt to reduce problems in depressed and crime ridden communities. CP handles a lot of the issues that NO ONE wants to touch because they feel it is beneath them. Let them do what they do and don't worry about what is on your plate. It may not be the cure to all of our problems, and it will never lead us to Utopia, but it is an attempt. So I applaud them for trying. And for those who insist on bashing Sgt. Sandt, why is it none of you have the balls to confront him with his issues? He is trying to make this agency a better place. God Bless you all.

10-26-2007, 09:31 AM
It is apparent that the same person is posting all of this negative diatribe against all that is positive with the agency. It sounds like a certain demoted lieutenant who retired. Attack CP, attack Gangbusters, attack the new laptops/mobile data project, attack everything the Sheriff has done to improve this agency and claim all is done for politics.....pal, you need to get a life, get off this forum and be miserable in your own little sad world. Personally, I think there is alot of good being done now and it's because the people who can make a difference care about the people who work here and the people who live in the communities.
If you have ideas, other than "more deputies" to handle calls, put it on here, otherwise take your diatribe home.

10-26-2007, 01:39 PM
It is apparent that the same person is posting all of this negative diatribe against all that is positive with the agency. It sounds like a certain demoted lieutenant who retired. Attack CP, attack Gangbusters, attack the new laptops/mobile data project, attack everything the Sheriff has done to improve this agency and claim all is done for politics.....pal, you need to get a life, get off this forum and be miserable in your own little sad world. Personally, I think there is alot of good being done now and it's because the people who can make a difference care about the people who work here and the people who live in the communities.
If you have ideas, other than "more deputies" to handle calls, put it on here, otherwise take your diatribe home.

No, please don't! The person you are speaking about has been banned for violating the terms of use. We don't need him posting his junk here.

10-26-2007, 04:13 PM

It's obvisous this certain LT found another computer to do his dirty work on. Maybe now the mods can by this computer as well

10-31-2007, 07:43 PM
There is something being lost here in all the back and forth banter. The fact is CP needs to go back to the street to answer calls. There are far too many calls holding all day long with no deputies to answer them. Dist one street team is an absolute waste of manpower as well. Those guys do nothing all night long but a few traffic stops, then expect us to back them up when their own deputies fail to.

11-02-2007, 08:23 AM
Well, at least they are not playing basketball with the gang members in the hoods .

11-02-2007, 05:10 PM
CP is great!! I love being in CP. A good CP squad wears many hats on various days and I have learned so much. We have some functions that are less enjoyable, but overall the positives out weigh the negatives. CP is not going anywhere regardless of what some would like to see. We have been decentralized and we still do the same functions. Just a different chain of command. There are some good CP squads, and some that are not as good. A lot of it depends on what Sgt's are in the squad. Bashing CP will not accomplish anything. So stop wasting your energy on negatives. Try to find some positives in your job such as paid VAC, take home car, medical beneifits, FRS retirement. There is no perfect job out there. So for the love of humanity keep your gripes to your self, or go bother your family with your complaints.