PDA

View Full Version : Cops do not write cops

04-20-2007, 03:29 PM
I was driving back from Orlando, and some rookie FHP guy stopped me. He then told me he stop me because I was speeding. I told him; Ok, I should have known better because Iam a cop down in Miami-Dade county. He then stated; we troopers do not care about other P.O.s including my own fellow troopers, and gave me a ticket. Come on guys(troopers), If I was to stop a fellow P.O. there is no way in hell I would give him/her a ticket.

04-20-2007, 05:17 PM
I was driving back from Orlando, and some rookie FHP guy stopped me. He then told me he stop me because I was speeding. I told him; Ok, I should have known better because Iam a cop down in Miami-Dade county. He then stated; we troopers do not care about other P.O.s including my own fellow troopers, and gave me a ticket. Come on guys(troopers), If I was to stop a fellow P.O. there is no way in hell I would give him/her a ticket.

Give us a name and the speed.

04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
This is what I am talking about we are all being judged because of a view morons.

04-20-2007, 09:21 PM
The speed should NOT matter. You don't write a fellow cop.

04-20-2007, 09:28 PM
You guys can't see through the facade? There seem to be a select few people coming on here and making up bogus posts about being stopped by troopers. Notice that no one will ever give a name and badge number? All they can do is make up some BS story. Try a different forum, clown. You're not getting a rise out of this one. 8)

04-20-2007, 11:20 PM
I have stopped PLENTY of Miami-Dade County guys hauling arse on the highway and I always shake their hands and let them go. The same applies for any LEO even out of state.

For the most part, FHP values Police Brotherhood but we cannot be judjed because of the discretion of a select few.

Good luck and please be safe!

04-21-2007, 03:04 AM

Yeap, this sounds like someone trying to stir it up on here as usual. No name, speed or badge number, nobody takes these kind of post serious.
Next time be more original like the colonel himself stopped you and told you this or it was a lt. col.

04-22-2007, 01:40 AM
I MUST SAY .I'VE BEEN PULLED OVER MANY TIMES FOR SPEEDING.MY WAYS OF DRIVING DIDN'T CHANGE WHEN I RETIRED FROM NYCHPD.ONLY ONCE DID SOMEONE HANG SOME PAPER.IT WAS FOR 69 IN 60.THE TROOPER WAS STILL VERY GREEN, BUT HE CUT ME A BREAK.SINCE I WAS DOING 92 IN A 60.
THANKS YOU. SINCE THAN I'VE SLOWED DOWN.PLUS ITS FLORIDA,WHO'S IN A RUSH ANYWAY.
N.Y.C.H.P.D
STAY SAFE.

04-22-2007, 03:11 PM
I've been pulled over three times by FHP troopers. The first time, I was an Army MP and I was in Florida to apply for a cop job. I was going either 69 or 79 mph (I can't remember) in a 55 mph zone because the interstate's speed limit had changed from 65 down to 55 mph, but I didn't see the change. I identified myself as an MP and he said he had to write me for something, so he wrote a written warning which, BTW, I kept for several years. I noticed that he used the exact same kind of radar that I did as an MP.
[/*:m:woia88sg]
I eventually became a Florida LEO and I was stopped for going 60 in a 30. It was on a four lane divided highway and the speed had recently changed from 45 down to 30, due to complaints from local residents. The trooper did a felony stop on me. He got on the bullhorn and told me to:
- shut off my engine
- put the keys on the top of my car
- step out of my car
- walk backwards towards him
I had my badge out and when I finally got up to his car, he said "What was that thing you were waving around???" He knew it was a badge. Anyways, he literally yelled and screamed at me "C'mon!!! Give us a hand!!!" I didn't get a ticket.
[/*:m:woia88sg]
The last time I was stopped, I was going 90 in a 70. Actually, I was going about 79, but I sped up to 90 just to pass someone and that's when he clocked me on radar in a speed trap. He was set up on the side of the roadway as a disabled motorist. Anyways, he radioed me in and I just pulled over to the side of the road and waited for a trooper to get up to me. Traffic was very heavy, so it took him forever. He also yelled at me, but I got no ticket.[/*:m:woia88sg]Either write me a ticket or shut up, but I won't be yelled at.

04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
I've been pulled over three times by FHP troopers. The first time, I was an Army MP and I was in Florida to apply for a cop job. I was going either 69 or 79 mph (I can't remember) in a 55 mph zone because the interstate's speed limit had changed from 65 down to 55 mph, but I didn't see the change. I identified myself as an MP and he said he had to write me for something, so he wrote a written warning which, BTW, I kept for several years. I noticed that he used the exact same kind of radar that I did as an MP.
[/*:m:1ecb7j7n]
I eventually became a Florida LEO and I was stopped for going 60 in a 30. It was on a four lane divided highway and the speed had recently changed from 45 down to 30, due to complaints from local residents. The trooper did a felony stop on me. He got on the bullhorn and told me to:
- shut off my engine
- step out of my car
I had my badge out and when I finally got up to his car, he said "What was that thing you were waving around???" He knew it was a badge. Anyways, he literally yelled and screamed at me "C'mon!!! Give us a hand!!!" I didn't get a ticket.
[/*:m:1ecb7j7n]
The last time I was stopped, I was going 90 in a 70. Actually, I was going about 79, but I sped up to 90 just to pass someone and that's when he clocked me on radar in a speed trap. He was set up on the side of the roadway as a disabled motorist. Anyways, he radioed me in and I just pulled over to the side of the road and waited for a trooper to get up to me. Traffic was very heavy, so it took him forever. He also yelled at me, but I got no ticket.[/*:m:1ecb7j7n]Either write me a ticket or shut up, but I won't be yelled at.

You ***** if you get wrote a ticket, and here you are *****in cause you didnt. Now the correct attitude to have would be, I need to watch my speed cause I dont want another cop to have to chase me down and then go through the whole embarrasing thing of showing a badge and hoping to get professional courtesy. I've been a trooper a long time and I dont haul arse anywhere. I dont want to be in that situation in the first place.

04-22-2007, 05:01 PM
[/*:m:1jtrzc1j]
- shut off my engine
- step out of my car
[/*:m:1jtrzc1j]
The last time I was stopped, I was going 90 in a 70. Actually, I was going about 79, but I sped up to 90 just to pass someone and that's when he clocked me on radar in a speed trap. He was set up on the side of the roadway as a disabled motorist. Anyways, he radioed me in and I just pulled over to the side of the road and waited for a trooper to get up to me. Traffic was very heavy, so it took him forever. He also yelled at me, but I got no ticket.[/*:m:1jtrzc1j]Either write me a ticket or shut up, but I won't be yelled at.

You ***** if you get wrote a ticket, and here you are *****in cause you didnt. Now the correct attitude to have would be, I need to watch my speed cause I dont want another cop to have to chase me down and then go through the whole embarrasing thing of showing a badge and hoping to get professional courtesy. I've been a trooper a long time and I dont haul arse anywhere. I dont want to be in that situation in the first place.
I'm a Florida LEO and you're calling me a "*****?" :roll: That shows quite perfectly your holier than thou attitude. :roll: Like I said, "Either shut up and write me a ticket or let me go -- but I don't have to be yelled at by you on a traffic stop!!!"

I haven't pulled over very many cops, but I sure as hell have never called another cop a "*****" and I sure as hell haven't "yelled" at a cop for speeding or, even worse, lectured a cop for a civil infraction. :roll:

Most FHP troopers are good eggs, but the few idiots who choose to:
- yell at other cops
- ticket other cops
- "lecture" other cops
Those are the idiot-troopers who spoil the entire freaking barrel of apples. If I'm standing two feet away from you, then you don't need to scream at me because I was going 13 miles an hour over the speed limit. Ohhhhhhhhhh it's the crime of the century that you have there!!!! That's a big catch for you!!!!! Nuts. :roll:

Again, most troopers are good eggs, but there are way too many "weirdo troopers" who tarnish FHP -- and tarnish the entire state of Florida.

To the good troopers: kudos.

To the weirdo troopers: if you don't get help from Charter, then get help somewhere.

04-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Get real ... cops speed and drive like s**t because they feel they can get away with it with "master badge", especially northeast cops. So don't get pissed if a trooper or other cop catches you being stupid and opts to actually do his JOB and issue you a citation. I've been a cop for over 22 years and I don't speed anywhere. I respect other cops and wont drive by them like an a$$hole just because I think I'm something special and wont get cited. I lost a child in a crash because of someone elses driving like a fool so dont drive like a jackass and flash some tin at me because it wont work. I dont give a d**n who you think you are.

04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
[/quote]

Most FHP troopers are good eggs, but the few idiots who choose to:
- yell at other cops
- ticket other cops
- "lecture" other cops
[/quote]

What the hell are they supposed to do if they can't write you a ticket, "lecture" you by telling you to slow down, or "yell" at them?

They made the stop with no knowledge that you are actually a law enforcement officer. Once they find out you are an officer who was driving 30 mph over the speed limit are they supposed to become mute and walk away so you don't have to be "yelled at, lectured, or ticketed"?

Or maybe they should just say hey buddy you really need to slow it down before you kill somebody(if they choose to not cite)...but then again that would fall under the category of "lecturing". Damn those asshole troopers :?

Sounds like you need to get over yourself.

04-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey Howdy, next time you get pulled over (which you should'nt if you're a true professional), and a trooper is walking up to your door, stick your head out the window and tell him your an leo, and if he is going to raise his voice or lecture you about speeding in any way, just go ahead and write the citation, you dont want to hear his crap. I figured you would be on the Virginia State Police website *****ing about them citing other leo's.

Been There, Done That
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
OK guys.....its time to realize something here. It seems the vast majority of the Troopers here do not write their fellow Leo's. THATS FABULOUS ! ! They also dont have much control over what their co-workers do. All they can do is use a little peer pressure on them, and pass the brotherhood on to the newbies.

We really need to cut each other some slack with all this name calling. Just think how you might feel if you were to stroke another LEO and a while later read of his/her "Line of Duty" death. I know i would feel like pond scum for that, and I hope you would as well. Come on guys, no matter WHAT agency we work for, the font on the National LEO Memorial Wall will be the same size.
And to the non-LEO's who frequent here, all i can do it tell you MY take on a traffic stop. Who am I going to be more inclined to give a warning to???? The guy who is ademant in saying "I wasnt speeding" or " the light was only yellow", or the guys who says, yea, i guess i was wrong or you wouldnt be here????? Figure it out and govern yourselves accordingly. :roll: