PDA

View Full Version : Employment

04-16-2007, 09:40 PM
I am right now with the FHP and have been there for the last 2 1/2 years. I am hoping to transfer over to the MBPD when the application pool opens back up.

Can anyone give me any inside information on how the beach is and how is the overall work environment??? Look forward to any replies. Thanks

04-17-2007, 01:27 AM
we have a real police chief a guy who rose up via the ranks taking over
its going to be very good . A good place to not be afraid to do police work

If you had asked us this question a few months ago ... I would have told you STAY AWAY........ too miami like and city of miami influences.
but now.....
we shall see

04-19-2007, 05:41 PM
FHP guy.....MPD is also going to be a great place to work....dept is changing...new, and younger dept is coming....just got a great contract puting us at 46 to start this year, 50,000K by 2009.....lots of OT like the beach and only 12 months probation.

ps....step pay every year till you hit 10ys...then 5% every other year till 25...maxing out at 90K and thats without the 2k a year gun pay.

04-20-2007, 06:21 AM
miami also has a great 1% fund........

YesCop
04-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Miami: Overtown & Liberty City
Miami Beach: The Beach

Miami: Outsider Chief
Miami Beach: Insider Chief

Miami:Calle Ocho,Brickell Ave.,Biscayne Blvd.
Miami Beach:Ocean Drive,Collins Ave.,Lincoln Road

Miami:Calle Ocho,the Arenas,Orange Bowl
Miami Beach:Memorial Day Weekend

You decide if for a few Bucks you want to make a Competent Decision. If its only the $$$$, check out Miami Gardens. Major Bucks, but you'll be in a Dark Cloud all day...Hoping to survive.

04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
While on the subject of dark cloud we at mb are now having the darkest cloud ever lifted from us - hopefully - . We are getting rid of the worst chief in history who is leaving before his shizzat finally hit the fan. He took the department on a big downward slide and took care of all his friends most of who were as incompetent as he and who we will suffer with for a few more years. The clouds should move and the sun will hopefully come out

04-20-2007, 04:46 PM
stop bashing the other areas. we all cant be cops at MB. and also, i heard that u have to buy ur 18 months probation time back. Wow!!! i guess that make MB better.

04-20-2007, 04:54 PM
and also remember at MDP, u don't pay into ur retirement(10%) save every year of ur salary. and ur ins is no more than $60 a week.