PDA

View Full Version : Layoff Suggestions

04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
If the lay offs happen I suggest we lay off every regular officer that way all that will be left are supervisors.....they can tell each other to "shut it down" all day long.

04-17-2007, 02:49 AM
Where did this layoff crap come from??

04-17-2007, 12:14 PM
http://www.tbnweekly.com/pubs/pinellas_ ... par-02.txt (http://www.tbnweekly.com/pubs/pinellas_park_beacon/content_articles/041307_par-02.txt)

04-17-2007, 02:01 PM
Yeah......That's just what the park needs.....Less officers...As if they don't get slammed enough with calls as it is...Let the city manager and others take some calls...

04-17-2007, 03:18 PM
So, it looks like we better brace ourselves for a hard fight in the upcoming negotiations. :? This could hurt a little...

04-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Come one come all to the Great PPPD Selloff. This is how it started for DPD, ask Motley and Hayworth. Someone in office fusses about funds, even though property values have sored. Someone speaks of possible layoffs. It's a small thing to change the City Charter to allow for PCSO to contract. Don't think it can't happen. You guys want to stay at PPPD? you better get PBA or FOP into some serious politcal action now. If it comes down to it, it's going to depend on your voters. You better get your campaign ready now, because your city commision wont give a crap about you or your jobs in the end. Its all about the $$$$$

Good luck brothers, it sucks to work this thankless job and have to worry about BS like that on top of it all.

04-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Absolute worst timing for us to have to negotiate a new contract. Even the S/O might have to trim their budget so I'm not sure they could even assimilate us or our territory into their agency. Trying to save money by combining agencies might seem like a great idea but putting less cops on the street is not the way to go for anybody's best interest.

It still has to pass through the Senate and a final referendum vote. Think long and hard about cutting the necessities such as police, fire and medical services. Make our cases heard by telling everyone we see what a failure that would be.

04-19-2007, 01:27 AM
well, I don't think it'll pass through the senate, they have there own version of tax reform that seems much more realistic and less drastic.

My major concern at the moment is the contract negotiations. The city is already complaining and moaning and saying, "well if it passes this is what we are looking at"

So basically, I think they are gonna stiff us on a raise again, and say that they are looking to the potential future. If that's the case, then we will have to endure 6 years with almost no raise. Not to mention, what IF the legislation passes next year? Then we have no raise, some possible layoffs, and almost no future.

Looks like that "good business move" of not taxing new businesses for so many years, and rolling back the millage, is gonna kill us.