PDA

View Full Version : PAT test

04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Are you guys still using the PAT? if so has it been modified from the original?

What happens if you do not pass?

Has anyone been fired? reassigned? reduction of pay? ect.?

07-04-2007, 01:43 AM
The PAT is now mandatory to keep your job. What a pathetic way to get rid of the hard working men/women that have given their hearts & souls to this agency and have NO PROBLEM handling their daily duties. I agree everyone should be in great physical shape, but realistically do you really believe the average 55+ YOA Deputy can perform phycally as well as a 20- 30 year old? Are you serious about this? People age, BOTTOM LINE! This whole thing is a joke. Shame on you CCSO. And further more, who decided that 6:04 should be the time frame to complete this test? My understanding is everyone is completing the test, some just over 6:04 just some under it.
I can't wait to see what happens with this. :lol: :x

07-04-2007, 03:58 AM
Bro, I'm sorry but you should be able to pass that test. I'm completely out of shape and still passed it with plenty pf time to spare.

07-04-2007, 02:28 PM
Bro, I did pass. But lets not start being nasty with eachother. What I am saying is it is a shame and I feel terrible for those people that I know can put up a good fight and stay in the game but have physical limitations. Do you really believe it is realistic to sprint 220 yards, jump hurdles, drag a dummy 100 ft, and do it all over again? How about some of us guys that have high blood pressure, some had heart problems, knee replacements, etc. This does not mean they cannot perform their daily duties. How about some of our females that I know can do their jobs (no names) that are having a hard time getting to the 6:04 or under? Their physical strength is not the same as ours by no means. Do you really beilieve it is fair? I don't. We have all worked together and I do not know of any of the above (male,female,tall,short,fat,thin) that I would not want to back me up on a call. I just think that some type of variations should be set in place.

07-04-2007, 07:29 PM
6:04 is absurd. Most physically fit people can do it under 5 minutes. This is not SWAT, this is the test set by FDLE and is the minumum. They have given us almost a year to get ready for this, 150 pound dummy drag. Who do you know that weighs 150 with their equipment on. This is the lowest standard, get it done or get out.

07-05-2007, 11:02 PM
6:04 is absurd. Most physically fit people can do it under 5 minutes. This is not SWAT, this is the test set by FDLE and is the minumum. They have given us almost a year to get ready for this, 150 pound dummy drag. Who do you know that weighs 150 with their equipment on. This is the lowest standard, get it done or get out.

I did not hear anyone say anything about the dummy drag, and I do believe most of us weigh 150 or more with or without our equipment on. How about those that don't? Where is it written that this is the minimum standard set by FDLE? I can see this is a very touchy subject. :roll:

07-05-2007, 11:08 PM

I did not hear anyone say anything about the dummy drag, and I do believe most of us weigh 150 or more with or without our equipment on. How about those that don't? Where is it written that this is the minimum standard set by FDLE? I can see this is a very touchy subject. :roll:

One other thing, per FDLE they have 1 1/2 mile run, sit ups, push ups etc. NO DUMMY DRAG....

07-05-2007, 11:54 PM

MY APOLOGIES. APPARENTLY THIS IS A MINIMUM SET FORTH BY CJSTC. I WILL DO MY HOMEWORK FROM NOW ON BEFORE I START AN ARGUMENT. HOWEVER, LET'S TALK ABOUT THE 150 LB PEOPLE. IS THAT THE NORM FOR ALL OF US? HOW ABOUT THE SMALL DEPUTIES?