PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Ranches is now district 9

04-15-2007, 01:48 AM
Why were they changed from district 18 to district 9 ?

PS. I love it when deputy ******* doesn't answer his radio and the dispatcher asks for 1037 ****** to answer up.

04-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Tally ho Admiral. The answer to your question, as stupid as this may sound is that when District 9 was disbanded, combined with Pompano Beach and Deerfield Beach, that left number 9 floating in limbo so to speak. So, now since there is Weston, District 8, right next to Southwest Ranches, District 9, it looks alot better to the empty suits, 8 next to 9, how about that for high level command thinking. This place never ceases to amaze me.

04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I hear that Weston is looking to sources outside of BSO for police and fire services. Anyone hear that?

04-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Hey, KJ's left one...... that sounds like a bogus rumor. Did you hear that rumor from the right nut. Keep us all advised!!!

04-20-2007, 03:42 AM
I guess that must be the whole situation down there...

04-20-2007, 03:44 PM
I hear that Weston is looking to sources outside of BSO for police and fire services. Anyone hear that?

That will never happen. Cities can't afford their own PD as it is, and with the upcoming tax cuts you'll see a lot more cities fold to BSO. It will cost a city like Weston 30-40 million dollars to run a PD let alone about 20 million for start-up cost. The contract cities are happy with BSO they simply hate Jenne like the rest of us do. In the history of contract policing, there hasn't been a city that merged services and went back. Don't give the Lauderhill excuse they never fully became BSO. A lot of cities use the we'll start our own PD thing when the want cheaper services. What they need to do is have a county wide PD with an appointed director. The days of the local cop on the beat are over, this isn't Mayberry.

04-20-2007, 05:10 PM
To Guest: What was that I read about Lauderhill never coming over to BSO as a contract. You have some facts mixed up there, so let me set the record straight now. When I started at BSO in the early 1980's Lauderhill had gone to BSO along with Lauderdale Lakes, both really shithole places to work then and now, but that's another story. When Ron Cochran became the high sheriff he got into a pissin match with the then female mayor of Lauderhill, at which time, since Cochran didn't give a rat's ass about BSO, he told the mayor off which then set the wheels in motion to let Lauderhill go back to their own police agency, which is where they are at today, more or less. It should be noted that as far as Cochran was concerned, he did'nt actively pursue any cities to come over to BSO, he really wanted to dismantle BSO and let the agency go down in flames, but, as fate would have it, he died in office. The only thing that he really did that was good was when he came into office he fired some of Navarro's pals that were up on their high horses and needed to go as they were out of control. If you want to know more, just ask, I have a great memory!

04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
To Guest: What was that I read about Lauderhill never coming over to BSO as a contract. You have some facts mixed up there, so let me set the record straight now. When I started at BSO in the early 1980's Lauderhill had gone to BSO along with Lauderdale Lakes, both really shithole places to work then and now, but that's another story. When Ron Cochran became the high sheriff he got into a pissin match with the then female mayor of Lauderhill, at which time, since Cochran didn't give a rat's arse about BSO, he told the mayor off which then set the wheels in motion to let Lauderhill go back to their own police agency, which is where they are at today, more or less. It should be noted that as far as Cochran was concerned, he did'nt actively pursue any cities to come over to BSO, he really wanted to dismantle BSO and let the agency go down in flames, but, as fate would have it, he died in office. The only thing that he really did that was good was when he came into office he fired some of Navarro's pals that were up on their high horses and needed to go as they were out of control. If you want to know more, just ask, I have a great memory!
That wasn't the point. The point was Weston isn't going to get their own PD. Is hasn't happened before, Lauderhill was a different story and they were given money from Cochran. Cochran was a moron. Jenne isn't much better, but like stated before with the upcoming tax cuts cities won't be able to afford their PD. I worked for Deerfield prior to the merger and today it's estimated Deerfield would pay 35 million for their own PD. Right now BSO charges them 10 million and change. I live in Deerfield and I'm now retired however I can say this BSO does a good job in Deerfield. My 39 had a sig 38 and BSO was there in less than 2 mins. Way to go, it makes me feel good. All I was saying is there is a need for a county wide PD or Sheriff because the days of Mayberry are over.

04-21-2007, 03:44 AM
Thats a nice dream, a countywide law enforcement agency, but it will never work in this county, the most political county in Florida with the most politically powerful elected sheriff not only in Florida, but maybe even in the southeast portion of the US. Then you add to the equation the facts that no matter how hard up the cities get for cash some cities will never relinquish their own police depts. as its like the identity of the city to some of the mayors and city politicians. Coral Springs, Sunrise, Plantation,Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, none of these cities will ever go BSO and KJ will never see another contract while he is in office due to all the mishandlings and endless probes, just too many skeletons in the closet now and dirt on his hands. The most consistent thing about BSO is the inconsistency, especially after an election and a new boss comes in swinging the axe in every direction, chopping off heads here and there, after all, it is a political place to work at so if you are up there in a executive or command level position you have to then think..... wow, is my job on the line here as from the rank of Captain and up, you serve at the pleasure of the sheriff and there is no such thing as career service protection, just like if you are an I.A. investigator, they have no protection either. In closing, Weston would probably be the exception to the rule as far as starting up a police dept. if they wanted to as there is no money shortage issues there and it has a very wealthy tax base. TBC.....

04-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Thats a nice dream, a countywide law enforcement agency, but it will never work in this county, the most political county in Florida with the most politically powerful elected sheriff not only in Florida, but maybe even in the southeast portion of the US. Then you add to the equation the facts that no matter how hard up the cities get for cash some cities will never relinquish their own police depts. as its like the identity of the city to some of the mayors and city politicians. Coral Springs, Sunrise, Plantation,Pembroke Pines, Hollywood, none of these cities will ever go BSO and KJ will never see another contract while he is in office due to all the mishandlings and endless probes, just too many skeletons in the closet now and dirt on his hands. The most consistent thing about BSO is the inconsistency, especially after an election and a new boss comes in swinging the axe in every direction, chopping off heads here and there, after all, it is a political place to work at so if you are up there in a executive or command level position you have to then think..... wow, is my job on the line here as from the rank of Captain and up, you serve at the pleasure of the sheriff and there is no such thing as career service protection, just like if you are an I.A. investigator, they have no protection either. In closing, Weston would probably be the exception to the rule as far as starting up a police dept. if they wanted to as there is no money shortage issues there and it has a very wealthy tax base. TBC.....

Well it's sad knowing how much more resources and crime could be suppressed with a countywide PD. I know the elected mayors and appointed chiefs don't want to give up their power. They take an oath to protect us yet fail to recognize how much more effective a countywide Law Enforcement agency is. Virginia has been doing it for years, and has proven it's efficiency. I worked a city prior to the SO and a city is a lot more political than a SO. As a city officer I was told where I could go, who I could or could not arrest and I was told to stay out of the "ghettos" so I didn't entice the people. Take a look at Boca PD. I agree KJ will never see another contract city, but it's only a matter of time before a new Sheriff comes in to straighten things up. Working for a PD wasn't any different. After leaving the PD I went to work for Palm Beach SO. I love it there. We provide services for 7 contract cities, but we bend over backwards for them. Royal Palm and Wellington are probably some of the wealthiest cities in the county, and they love our services. A city PD could match the services they get. Wellington pays 8 million for our Services compared to 24 million with their own PD. A survey conducted showed Wellington had a 98% approval rating of the SO higher than any city in PBC. Wellington has not issues with money but they know that we provide the best services to them. With a city PD you just create a middleman. When the stuff hits the fan in Broward the cities are calling BSO. Now the city has created a middleman. But lets face these cities leaders are all about themselves and not the people in the city. A countywide PD would work contrary of what you said, but I understand it can't work because of the useless city and county politicians. Contract policing is happen all over this state and will continue forever. The cities save themselves from all the liability, pensions, salaries, and so forth. With the right Sheriff it's the best option. Do you know anyone running for Sheriff down there?

04-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Weston has asked Davie Fire and BSO to give them bids for fire rescue services. Policing will stay with BSO.

04-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Weston has asked Davie Fire and BSO to give them bids for fire rescue services. Policing will stay with BSO.

I didn't hear that. That's good news. I wonder who it will go to?

04-21-2007, 09:50 PM
the bids are being submitted by surrounding towns for westons services davie is upset because they cant stoprunning calls out there so they might as well take it over
aas for police the towns have tons of $ so that wont be happening for a long time they dont care about fires as much as crime

04-21-2007, 10:17 PM
As of this writing, The City of Weston already contracts with BSO Fire for FD and Rescue services and the city is very happy with them. There are no plans for Weston to change either its law enforcement or fire services at all. It's amazing how misinformation can get spread so fast. Oh yes, and Davie Fire Rescue does not run any fire or rescue calls in Weston, just more misinformation by someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

04-23-2007, 12:17 PM
ahh you must be retired davie responded during alpha last night!!!! you must think that mutual aid doesnt apply unless we leave weston....there is no proof that the bids are in .....its merely .... talk... it may not be true,just a scare tactic.... but you can always call cdc and confirm the calls i dont care either way because im a cop i just fihured if one falls .......

04-23-2007, 01:39 PM
As of this writing, The City of Weston already contracts with BSO Fire for FD and Rescue services and the city is very happy with them. There are no plans for Weston to change either its law enforcement or fire services at all. It's amazing how misinformation can get spread so fast. Oh yes, and Davie Fire Rescue does not run any fire or rescue calls in Weston, just more misinformation by someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

You're wrong. Weston is asking Davie for bids and Davie does run calls in Weston.

04-23-2007, 02:04 PM
ahh you must be retired davie responded during alpha last night!!!! you must think that mutual aid doesnt apply unless we leave weston....there is no proof that the bids are in .....its merely .... talk... it may not be true,just a scare tactic.... but you can always call cdc and confirm the calls i dont care either way because im a cop i just fihured if one falls .......

This is true. Weston is using a scare tactic to get more out of BSO. Davie fire is really not that great. They don't have the money to support another city and keep giving their PD what they want. They're trying to do what Coral Springs and Margate did. However you'll see it will soon be a County Fire Rescue across the board. All it's going to take is a big incident for residents to see how screwed up it is down here having all these separate agencies. Parkland is kicking themselves for not going to BSO. They are using Coral Springs for fire rescue and getting pushed around and charged more everyday.

04-23-2007, 03:13 PM
YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT IT IS A SCARE TACTIC TO PAY LESS THEY CANT BE TAKEN OVER BY DAVIE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH GUYS HOWEVER, LIKE ANYTHING FOR THE RIGT PRICE THINGS CHANGE EITHER WAY WESTON IS A MESS FOR LEOS AND FD THE PEOPLE ASSUME THAT BECAUSE ITS GATED THERES NO CRIME THINK AGAIN IT STHERE KIDS DOING IT

04-23-2007, 04:01 PM
YOUR PROBABLY RIGHT IT IS A SCARE TACTIC TO PAY LESS THEY CANT BE TAKEN OVER BY DAVIE BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH GUYS HOWEVER, LIKE ANYTHING FOR THE RIGT PRICE THINGS CHANGE EITHER WAY WESTON IS A MESS FOR LEOS AND FD THE PEOPLE ASSUME THAT BECAUSE ITS GATED THERES NO CRIME THINK AGAIN IT STHERE KIDS DOING IT

There is crime everywhere. Weston is very happy with BSO as BSO bends over backward for them. Weston is a lot safer than it's surrounding cities and even safe than coral springs.

04-24-2007, 01:19 AM
[quote="BSO OLDTIMER":27rzg38s]As of this writing, The City of Weston already contracts with BSO Fire for FD and Rescue services and the city is very happy with them. There are no plans for Weston to change either its law enforcement or fire services at all. It's amazing how misinformation can get spread so fast. Oh yes, and Davie Fire Rescue does not run any fire or rescue calls in Weston, just more misinformation by someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

You're wrong. Weston is asking Davie for bids and Davie does run calls in Weston.[/quote:27rzg38s]

Weston is very satisfied with the fire rescue service that it is getting from BSO so you can forget any Davie FD contracts and the only time Davie FD Rescue may answer calls not only in Weston, but in any city is during a mutual aid situation as posted in a previous message.

04-24-2007, 03:19 AM
[quote="Davie Newtimer":2gi2j3j9][quote="BSO OLDTIMER":2gi2j3j9]As of this writing, The City of Weston already contracts with BSO Fire for FD and Rescue services and the city is very happy with them. There are no plans for Weston to change either its law enforcement or fire services at all. It's amazing how misinformation can get spread so fast. Oh yes, and Davie Fire Rescue does not run any fire or rescue calls in Weston, just more misinformation by someone that doesn't know what they are talking about.

You're wrong. Weston is asking Davie for bids and Davie does run calls in Weston.[/quote:2gi2j3j9]

Weston is very satisfied with the fire rescue service that it is getting from BSO so you can forget any Davie FD contracts and the only time Davie FD Rescue may answer calls not only in Weston, but in any city is during a mutual aid situation as posted in a previous message.[/quote:2gi2j3j9]

Finally the truth! Thank you

01-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Southwest Ranches may place law enforcement services out for bid like West Park and Pembroke Park. More to come. Stay tuned.

01-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Southwest Ranches may place law enforcement services out for bid like West Park and Pembroke Park. More to come. Stay tuned.

This is a lie. Quit starting rumors. That is not occurring

01-08-2008, 03:17 AM
Then how come Pembroke Pines has been asked to provide an informal proposal by Mayor Fink?