PDA

View Full Version : Red Devil Incident

Hoppy
04-13-2007, 06:52 PM
OK here is going to be my one and only post here on this website and it is to clarify the “Red Devil” issue. First the back story…. This week I am sitting in a meeting with several other members of this Agency. A particular Sgt. That I purposely have not said more then 10 words to in the course of the past several years comes up to me. He walks straight up to me pats me on the back and said “hey Red Devil” and walks on. Well I am befuddled by the oddly warm greeting and the strange new nick name. So I ask my fellow co-workers to check my back, for kick me signs, puncher wounds, knives and I go about my night.
An hour or so later as I get into Immokalee I am joking around with several deputies in the squad room and I relay my strange encounter with this Sgt to them. Several start laughing? I am wondering to myself, “ok did I miss a fat joke?” what the heck is so funny. One of the road guys clues me in about this web site and the recent posting by the “Red Devil” So now I understand the encounter with the Sgt. It wasn’t a warm greeting after all but a covert accusation, this makes much more sense coming from this Sgt. So now I have people joking calling me the Red Devil……
So here is my official response to the “Red Devil incident” I have read through some of the posts and although the entire read makes for some entertainment value, it all seems as if too many people have too much time on their hands, Damn man work some OT in the jail if you have this much time to come and gripe on a website about things that you won’t or can’t change. I am officially declaring no knowledge of the “Red Devil” so Sgt go look else where for him. I am sure in your time here that you have other Devils out there wanting to vent, we all do.
As far as my stance on D-1, it is much the same as when my wife wants to buy new bathroom towels and asks what color I prefer…. I have no opinion as long as there is a towel there when I need it, I don’t care what kind it is. D-1 SET came and helped us out in a flex op a few weeks back and did a bang up job. Regardless of my personal feelings about this Sgt. It does not affect my professional work. If D-1 is having issues, and I will say that Sgt. BM is a cops cop and one of the Best SGTs to work a shift that I have had the pleasure of working for, but if D-1 is having issues it will be self correcting. Production will go down, crime rates will come up and command staff will be moved. I had worked in D-1 for 8 years before I was removed from it and sent to D-8 in that time there were 5 LT changes in eight years. Things have a way of correcting themselves. It will either workout or change. The real test will be the next Staff inspection report, that will tell the story.
So you all know. I am happy in D-8, it is pretty well a Drama free zone, at least in my little world of it. The work is interesting and nothing that I had ever expected. If you have not ever worked out there, you should take tour of duty out there. It is a huge difference from the Beach front area of D-1 and a true culture shock. But I am a happy camper working with the great guys that I am working with.
Now as far as all this silliness and these postings that go here, I won’t even bother to check the response to this post so don’t bother to reply. I have better things to do with my time and I give 45-70 hours a week to the CCSO. Except for today, I don’t plan on spending my off time writing whiney posts about it when I could be playing with my granddaughter! For any further question you only need to have the courage to come up and ask me directly about what you want to know. I am a brutally honest person and will tell you what I think regardless of rank, pay grade or size, good bad or indifferent. I will probably stay a CPL for the remainder of my career because of it, but so be it, at least I am honest. So to the LT, Admin and SET SGT’s in D-1 you all apparently read this, or at least Set team SGT does, go find your Devil else where. Keep your drama away from me and Jake, I am not a real touchy feely kind of guy, so don’t touch me again. If you want a greeting of shaking hands, it is fine, but a back slapping accusation, not so much. No you all know who I am where I work and there is no hidden agenda here. If you want to ask me a question, come on out face to face and ask it. If not go find someone else to play your games with.
Hoppy and if you don’t know that name ask around you will figure it out!

04-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Yeah!!! Right on man, Ditto for me too Red Devil ...! Er I mean Hoppy.

04-13-2007, 07:10 PM
ok Red Devil.....We (D1) except your apology.

04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....jake felt up hoppy?...that's hot....

04-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks for explaining Hoppy. That's another minute of my life i wish i had back.

04-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Ok Children...Lets take a deep breath and take a step back. We are getting a little out of control here on the name dropping. I vote to end this personal attack against members in our agency. I know everyone is addictted to LEO Affairs now, as am I, but we need to take a break or get back to answering potential applicants questions. The crazy stuff was fun while it lasted, but now people are starting to get upset. So go to your rooms and think about what you have done wrong these past few days. BAD BOYS AND GIRLS.

Curios George
04-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Ok Children...Lets take a deep breath and take a step back. We are getting a little out of control here on the name dropping. I vote to end this personal attack against members in our agency. I know everyone is addictted to LEO Affairs now, as am I, but we need to take a break or get back to answering potential applicants questions. The crazy stuff was fun while it lasted, but now people are starting to get upset. So go to your rooms and think about what you have done wrong these past few days. BAD BOYS AND GIRLS.

I agree :wink:

Hoppy
04-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks for explaining Hoppy. That's another minute of my life i wish i had back.
I was happy to take the one minute that you gave. maybe next time I could take more....

04-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Okay, I give up. You got me Hoppy, you got me good. It's cool how you tricked everyone into thinking you were not going to poast anymore.

Ten8hotel
04-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Poast toast , What we really need is more report writing and grammar classes. Look at some of the samples in our posts: I bought a "knew" (new)car. It's "there" problem.(their) There are many more examples of mispelled or misused words that anyone with a computer can use to laugh at our unedjucated hords. I'm out of hear.

04-17-2007, 08:28 PM
nobody, and i mean nobody, laughs at hoppy...gott it?/

04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Sorry Ten8hotel. It was not a spelling error, just fat fingers.

04-17-2007, 10:01 PM
I think when people respond to these post the last thing they are worried about is their typing skills or grammer. TEN8(HOTEL), typically we post these comments on our days off (at least I do), and I could care less whether you find a mispelled word or not. I thing we kan figur out wat every1 is triing to say. Hey Zone, I have small fingers and I still make mistakes///////doesnt change the fact I still misspell words. TEN8, from your previous post I know you aren't making fun of people for grammer. Lets stay on the topic...what was the topic???? Oh yeah, Jake felt up Hoppy.

Ten8hotel
04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
You're right! I forgot about the fat finger exception to the rule and the day off factor.

04-17-2007, 11:51 PM
i missed something...jake, hoppy and a fat finger?

04-18-2007, 12:26 AM
OK so here is what I gather......On Hoppy's day off, there was an incident with Jake's fat finger which was an exception to the rule of red devil?

04-18-2007, 12:57 AM
So Jake, Hoppy and some guy with fat fingers holding a book about snakes walk into a bar...

04-18-2007, 06:42 PM
Can someone explain M.A.P. to me? The mental image has psychologically traumatized me and I need to go talk to someone.

04-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Sure...you talk to Rivas...and then Rivas talks to the sherf

04-19-2007, 02:29 AM
and if you get a ticket Jake can take care of it for you

04-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Where is the Red Devil?

04-30-2008, 05:39 PM
hoppy is so cooooooooooooool, not. but i think its great jake felt him up.