PDA

View Full Version : LAW GAMES

04-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Be prepared for another moral drop. It appears that numerous members will be unable to attend the Law Games. I guess if they worked up stairs and the FOP was paying their golf fees they would be attending. FYI Years ago the department not only sent members the FOP paid the entry fees and hotel expenses. You won't ever see that again! God forbid we support any positive interaction among the troops.
If it makes you feel any better, doesn't matter much even if you go and do well, You won't get recognized by this agency!

04-13-2007, 04:34 PM
grow up, or leave for a better place (so you think) :cry:

04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
I, FOR ONE, MAKE A MOTION THAT THE UNION PAYS DARKDAVIE'S TRAVEL EXPENSES TO THE GAMES. (PROVIDED THAT IT IS A ONE WAY TICKET)

04-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Be prepared for another moral drop.

Why would your morals drop because of this?

Oh, I guess you mean MORALE, you idiot. Learn to spell.

Some of you people disgust me.

04-13-2007, 09:17 PM
DarkDavie - why are numerous members unable to attend? Is it because they were denied time off or they dont want to pay their own way. FYI - I have been here quite a while and as far as I know, the FOP NEVER paid for hotel expenses. If you receive donations from local busineses to the FOP, they will write a check for you to the Hotel or Law Games. Please give more information before popping off at the mouth (that's the problem with this place - every pops off at the mouth without thinking or backin git up)......

DAVIE634
04-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Be prepared for another moral drop. It appears that numerous members will be unable to attend the Law Games. I guess if they worked up stairs and the FOP was paying their golf fees they would be attending. FYI Years ago the department not only sent members the FOP paid the entry fees and hotel expenses. You won't ever see that again! God forbid we support any positive interaction among the troops.
If it makes you feel any better, doesn't matter much even if you go and do well, You won't get recognized by this agency!

Wow, where do I start on this one?

"In the dark"-Davie; You are a complete idiot. Once again you have no facts to back up your statements.

1. What appearance is there that "numerous members will be unable to attend the Law Games"? The last time I checked, vacation bid is being conducted as we speak. If you have the seniority and choose to attend the games you will be approved to have the time off. If you don't have the seniority, get over it and find someone to do a shift change. OH wait!!! I have a better idea, lets give everyone the days off and close the city for that week. Would that improve your "moral" (sic)

2. Who are the ones being sent on the union's dime from upstairs? I happen to be on the board and never remember voting for that one. As a matter of fact I was one who voted against sponsoring the softball team last year beacause the team wasn't staffed by all davie players. I have gone out with my teamate and solicited donations from businesses within the city to sponsor our team.

3. The winners ARE recognized by the department in the form of a posting on the bullitien board and awarded time off based on the level of their achievement. what would you like? How bout' we have a parade in their honor?

Please "darkdavie", pull your head out of your ass.

tsd

04-13-2007, 10:07 PM
hey 634
maybe we were wrong about you, good post.

DAVIE634
04-13-2007, 10:34 PM
hey 634
maybe we were wrong about you, good post.

great, now maybe I can sleep better

04-14-2007, 04:04 AM

Is it possible that we have emplyees working here while under the influence of crack or shrooms?

04-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Years ago the FOP did pay, but is was a pass-through. Officers going to the Police Olympics worked Town overtime events, but instead of being paid in their paycheck, the Town treated it like a vendor providing the services. That way the value of the time benefited the officer 100%. There were no payroll taxes or other deductions. The Town benefitted because they did not have to pay payroll taxes. A tally was kept during the year and the Town was billed and then cut a check to the FOP for the value of all the time. The FOP then used its tax exempt status to pay for lodging (from the day prior to competitor's 1st event through the day of the last event). This was based on double occupancy, and both had to be competing athletes who were on Davie PD. If the 2nd occupant was with another PD or was with Davie, but not competing, or just the significant other, then only half of the room bill was paid by the FOP. The money that was accrued during the year also paid the basic entry fees. Sport specific fees like green fees and lines of bowling were the competitor's obligation.

DAVIE634
04-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Years ago the FOP did pay, but is was a pass-through. Officers going to the Police Olympics worked Town overtime events, but instead of being paid in their paycheck, the Town treated it like a vendor providing the services. That way the value of the time benefited the officer 100%. There were no payroll taxes or other deductions. The Town benefitted because they did not have to pay payroll taxes. A tally was kept during the year and the Town was billed and then cut a check to the FOP for the value of all the time. The FOP then used its tax exempt status to pay for lodging (from the day prior to competitor's 1st event through the day of the last event). This was based on double occupancy, and both had to be competing athletes who were on Davie PD. If the 2nd occupant was with another PD or was with Davie, but not competing, or just the significant other, then only half of the room bill was paid by the FOP. The money that was accrued during the year also paid the basic entry fees. Sport specific fees like green fees and lines of bowling were the competitor's obligation.

Thank you for the info, I hope this will clear things up.

I assume you are SM. If so I hope things are going well.

04-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Yes it is, and Yes it is, thank you

04-15-2007, 01:31 AM
[quote=(that's the problem with this place - every pops off at the mouth without thinking or backin git up)......[/quote]

Please edit before you "pop off"----stoopid :shock:

04-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Since bobby mc daniel left none of you can win any medals in the games. Now he is the chief of a good dept. he's winning medals for them. Come on guys get in shape.

04-18-2007, 04:30 AM
THAT WAS THE ONLY THING MCDANIELS WAS GOOD AT.. HE WASNT MUCH OF A COP OR ADMINISTRATOR..