PDA

View Full Version : Were Ashamed

04-12-2007, 02:27 AM
So tell me what you all think of what happened in Pasco Cty. That is why dispatchers get a bad rap in the first place. I do not understand why people just cant do the job they get paid to do. And why in the world would you have a call taker on the phones who has no idea what they are doing? Im am truly embarassed for those of us in our profession who do actually care.

Just my thoughts. What are yours?

04-12-2007, 03:44 AM
One word.......TRAINING ! :!:

04-13-2007, 02:31 AM
I'm not sure how your agency works, but when I started out, we didn't get EMD training right away...However, we could answer calls and if there was a need for EMD, we'd just get someone else in the room to give the instructions. A monkey can read the script from the book, but you have to be certified.

04-13-2007, 02:42 AM
I used to work for Cook he should have been forced into retirement years ago, as well as Thomas, as for your question as to why they had a call taker who is not EMD certified it is because she has been cleared for the phone however she was awaiting her EMD certification , she was not uneducated on how to do the procedure only LEGALLY not able to read the EMD . In Pasco , they have you on shift with two Supervisiors who should immediately take over the call to administer EMD unfortunately in this case both were negligent . Unfortunately now the well qualified and hard working staff that is the Pasco County 911 dispatch is stuck with the black eye. The actions of these two should not be a overall reflection of the crew that works there , some of the most professional, hardworking and dedicated dispatchers I know are in that center.

04-18-2007, 09:50 PM
The girl that took the call was the only smart one. Because she was not certified she couldn’t “officially” give the instructions for the EMD even though it was on the cards right in front of her. As the other post said….anyone can read the cards. However, she was smart enough not to do it….it protected her. Can you imagine what would have happen if she had given the instructions and the same result would have happened?