PDA

View Full Version : To David Craig

04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Why did Mr. Morgan do away with his forum on his website? Many of us ask the same question, which agency was he with? His resume, which doesn't appear to be very detailed, does not list any agency. He has FDLE "accepted standards". Does he have standards or not? What has he done in since his retirement from the "Chair Force Police" to prepare himself for a job like this. Many of us at PPD have never supported McNesby and never will. Mr. Morgan appears to be just as deceptive as the present Sheriff when it comes to his qualifications. Anyone with military experience knows military and civilian law enforcement are two different entities. Military cops do not have the same problems as civilian and do not operate the same way.
Many of us are offended of his "cop bashing" campaign style. How does he expect any member of law enforcement to support him when he is constantly acting as if he is the "Cop God" and we are just idiots. There are many good members in our law enforcement community, PPD and ECSO. Why doesn't he ever speak of that? We at PPD are waiting for him to attend our lineups and "beg" for our support. I hope he is ready for a barage of questions. We are not the stupid idiots he thinks we are. He needs to understand, many of us are dedicated to conducting ourselves professionally and representing the badge well. When he speaks negative and generalizes, he is speaking about all of us and we are starting to resent it. A vote for McNesby or Morgan is a wasted vote. He has aligned himself with A.S., which ruined his chances with PPD immediately. We are tired of her ways. If she doesn't like the answer you give her, she labels you as a bad cop, even when you are 100% correct and professional about it. Before he criticizes Escambia County LEO's, he needs to remember the weight a campaign sign holds when it is placed next to a marked cruiser in somebody's yard. ECSO we are on your side, the present problems are not with the working people, are training all comes from the same place, FDLE. Mr. Wall, run for Sheriff, you have our total support!!!

04-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Mr. Wall would make a great sheriff!!!!! Lets get him to run.

04-09-2007, 10:09 PM
He didn't do away with his forum. Its just that nobody uses it. Click on the suggestion box and you will get there. Every time he answers and shows a little bit more of himself he looks worse and worse. That could be why he's not answering questions.

04-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Maybe with AS and DC haven't been available to provide him with the answers.

04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Why don't you just make up a whole bunch of fantasies and see if anyone believes them? First, his "forum" is on the http://votedavidmorgan.com campaign website. It's a suggestion box and he would be happy to receive your positive suggestions or answer any questions. David Morgan's phone number is 969-0681 and his email address is morganpi@bellsouth.net. If you really have some curiosity about his background or positions (something other than negative unfounded attacks) you should ask him directly. That would be a more effective way of getting the answers you seek than preconceived notions that have no grounding in reality. If you don't respect the training and experience of someone with over 20 years of Military Police experience that's your right. However, if you watch the campaign videos on TV or at his website, many of your concerns would likely be answered. That's if you really want answers of course. He's worked murders, rapes, thefts, robberies, domestic violence and bar fights. He's managed multi-million dollar budgets as Assistant Chief. Since leaving the Air Force he has run a successful private investigations business. He doesn't have current Florida standards but he is not running for a patrol position. You refer to his "cop bashing" campaign style. I have never heard him speak negatively about any "cops" other than the sheriff that you don't seem to like either or officers that have been charged with felonies after sustained IA's were ignored by the sheriff, or those convicted of serious crimes. Do you support officers who are felons? Your PPD agency management and the general public certainly don't. Possibly naming 1 officer that he has "cop bashed" would lend more credence to your statement? He hasn't called any officers idiots. Where did you get that from? I know that he respects the majority of honest and honorable LEO's because he's told me so. Maybe he should mention that in his presentations. Thanks for that positive suggestion. He also has never said anything negative about the PPD. The campaign has spent a lot of time exposing problems with ECSO management. If there were not so many serious problems, there would be no need for a new sheriff. He has never generalized or spoken negatively about LEO's as a group. Clearly this is another one of your errors. Since all of his campaign videos are online, shouldn't you be able to quote one of those instances where he is doing as you say? David Morgan hasn't "aligned himself" with anyone other than his immediate campaign team. Anyone may support the candidates of their choice. That doesn't mean they control those campaigns. For you to suggest that an ECSO deputy could put a Morgan sign in his or her yard without retribution is to ignore the true nature of the incumbent. We hear from many deputies in confidence and David Morgan has substantial support from them. Their failure to come out openly in support of any candidate at this point, other than the sheriff, is a survival technique. I trust you remember how to survive? I notice you don't complain about David Morgan's staunch support for a $35,000 minimum salary for all deputies. If you really want to have your questions answered I suggest you take the only approach that has ever worked since the emergence of language in mankind. Ask him directly. He speaks with lots of LEO's in complete confidence. And I suggest you assume a more open mind and a less hostile tone. You can feel however you please but you don't have the right to manufacture facts.. Learn the information you seek and you'll understand why public support for the Morgan candidacy is gaining so much momentum.

04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
While you are on the topic of $35,000 per year to start, what does Morgan plan to do about the salary compression? Some of the deputies that have been at the ECSO for 5-10 years don't make that figure so what he is going to end up with is a new hire making what a 5-10 year deputy makes. That is really going to go over well (see current Mcnesby payraise info. and ask questions to see how many of us got screwed over). Morgan needs to figure out a goal for the compression issue because Mcnesby apparently said it would cost too much to do it (or maybe it would cost too much becuase of the lack of funds he had left over after giving his friends payraises).

04-11-2007, 10:01 PM
While Thelbirt Morgan may not dislike cops, those he surrounds himself with do. It'd be like a politician saying he isn't racist but has Al Sharpton as a Media advisor. You know a man by the company he keeps. Morgan takes Craig's et al's. information and regurgitates it.

People who have long military police backgrounds have a warped view on use of force. First drugs aren't nearly the problem they are in the real world and you have an alternative to force...their job. You have no idea how many drunk military we have to fight and take verbal abuse from but the Navy police show up and they stand at attention and walk into the van. They are two different worlds.

As far as police standards, Thelbirt should at least have a basic working knowledge of police work in Florida. Especially the use of force matrix which he has already shown his ignorance of.

04-12-2007, 11:35 AM
OK friend. Name one thing I have ever said that is anti police. You can spout whatever makes you feel good but that doesn't make it true. It should be pretty easy for you to come up with something since that is a mantra that I hear all the time on this blog. If you want to know what David Morgan will do about salaries - ask him. Stop trying to hide your real motives in plain sight. It's not working. And neither is the current administration. David Morgan offers answers and solutions. All you have to do is ask or actually care to learn.

04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
What you can't get through your head is I don't care what David Morgan thinks. I see who influences him, I see who got him to run, I know RMPT is the bunch that pushed him to run. Don't forget he is a "reluctant candidate." It certainly wasn't the deputies who got him to run. It doesn't matter really. The few deputies turning to him are doing so because they think there isn't an alternative and don't know a lot about morgan. Times will change...times will change...

04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Why don't you ask him these questions for us and then come back here and give us a report. You are obviously on that type of playing field with Morgan. Why is it that you pick and choose what questions you will or will not answer FOR him? He has always been secretive about his LEO experience and from my understanding if you are not a part of a DOD police unit then a military police or security police department does not have a chief or assistant chief and so on. He might have have been second in command at the SP office he was assigned to but to call himself chief or what not is being deceptive in my opinion.

04-12-2007, 01:17 PM
It's going to be a cold day in Hades before you ever find me having said anything anti police. David Morgan got himself to run. The reason I don't speak for him is that I am not running for office and I don't pretend to know (as others here do) all of his positions, thoughts or details about his background. I didn't place this original post (To David Craig) here. I'm just responding to the comments directed to me. Since you can't substantiate that I am in any way anti cop, that makes your allegation a lie. Since you don't care to ask David directly (or care what he thinks) that clearly indicates that your questions are just an expression of your overabundant hostility. What you really are mad about is losing power. What you should be angry about is the way you have abused the trust of your deputies and the public. Your lies are obvious. Your rhetoric is is an expression of your panic and frustration at the approaching end of your authority. It is a privilege to serve. Your administration has abused that trust, relating to the public as servants and tolerating the treatment of some prisoners as animals. I'll be happy to let you wallow in your own web of deceit until you are removed from office by those whom you have so miserably failed to serve. How about a truce? You stop lying and I'll stop exposing the truth.

04-12-2007, 03:26 PM
Dave, you obviously didn't comprehend what the previous poster said. I don't care what Morgan has to say either. The people backing him has soured my opinion of him and what he stands for.

How clear can we make that?

04-12-2007, 07:29 PM
We all know who you are and why you say the things that you do!
Do not worry about the ones that are supportive of other candidates,
anyone who wants to run, can!
It does not matter who the backers are, everyone knows that the current Sheriff may or may not have people he wants to have behind him, the facts are , is there is a race going on and it is full throttle until the finish line, in other words, do not let up until you see the checkered flag.
For another remark on a different subject is that the recommendation to Officer Coad and Officer Frye, is get another lawyer.
Do not expect the PBA lawyer to save your job, go ask others who have already experienced this, that this person will not work for you.
Go find out if Mr. Kinsy and Mr. Wells are conversing behind the backs of the officers in question here.
If people really want so hear the officers side, Mr. Coad is supposed to give an interview tonight on the channel 3 news at 5:00.
Go see it before you pass judgement on anyone!
They both have a right to tell their side!

04-12-2007, 07:38 PM
OK friend. Name one thing I have ever said that is anti police. You can spout whatever makes you feel good but that doesn't make it true. It should be pretty easy for you to come up with something since that is a mantra that I hear all the time on this blog. If you want to know what David Morgan will do about salaries - ask him. Stop trying to hide your real motives in plain sight. It's not working. And neither is the current administration. David Morgan offers answers and solutions. All you have to do is ask or actually care to learn.

04-12-2007, 07:56 PM
David Craig! I'm tired of you saying..."just ask him"....Well several months ago against my better judgement I called David Morgan at home only to get his answering machine. I left my name and number and explained to him that myself and other deputies had questions for him and wanted to meet with him and discuss the possibility of our support for him. Guess what?......He never called back!!......David Morgan now has "ZERO" credibility with us!!! If he's not that concerned about our support now, then he "DAMN!" sure won't be concerned about us if he got elected!! So David Craig, pass this message on to DAVID MORGAN, both of you "BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS!" because that is the same smell that your campaign now wreaks! And David Morgan, withdraw now and save yourself a lot of embarrassment! "LARRY SCAPPECI FOR SHERIFF!!!"

MOD 353
04-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Mr Craig, why don't you ask Mr. Morgan to just come here and post a thread answering some of the concerns of deputies or you can talk with him and post the results. This is the Escambia County Sheriff's Office site here and he is running for its sheriff. We just want to know why everything is so secretive with his educational experience and some of his other intentions. If he doesn't have any civilian LEO experience that is fine, we just don't want to be lied to by anyone anymore. We have been bitten too many times already and have seen many empty promises left unfulfilled. If he wants to have any chance of getting a large number of deputies to support his campaign then he needs to start answering questions instead of dodging them.

04-12-2007, 09:26 PM
I agree with most of your post, Mod, but disagree with letting David Craig relap Morgan's replies to our questions. If he wants to be our Sheriff, he needs to take control and answer our questions himself, not through a mouthpiece. That way, if he ever is elected, he can't deny what he said or what he actually meant when all the promises fail to surface.

If David Morgan wants to be my Sheriff, he needs to be man enough to step up to the plate and stand on his own.

04-12-2007, 09:27 PM
*Relay, not relap

MOD 353
04-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I also would agree that WE need to hear from Morgan but I would in the very least, like to know the answers to the questions everyone is always asking. It is said to contact Mr. Morgan for the answers but I know of no one that has ever gotten a response back. Post any questions you want asked of Mr. Morgan and I will send him an email. I will then post his response or lack thereof here on this forum under a new thread. I will of course let him know my intentions too.

04-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Thelbirt Morgan is only comfortable controlling the questions, just like RMPT. That is why he won't come here. How about a live question and answer session with Mr. Morgan on BLAB? How about a true suggestion box that isn't censored. How about answering challenges to your "facts"? They are trying to hide things by only letting out the positive. That is why the few deputies who may support him will scatter when some of the hard questions start being asked. Doc Ely ain't the only one in the Morgan Camp who had a close relative fired from the ECSO.

The more Morgan speaks, the less deputies will like him. How about releasing some of your platform material from the 2004 election Thelbirt? Answer: No deputy would support you.

04-13-2007, 03:06 AM
Yeah right. A deputy called and said he had some questions for David Morgan and he'd like to consider offering his and other deputies support. And David Morgan didn't call back. And you expect anyone with 2 brain cells to believe that obvious lie? You people lie too much. Nobody is going to believe anything you say anyway because you have no credibility. You ask questions you don't want answered. You ignore facts by saying you don't like their sources. You back a dying albatros of a prehistoric redneck thug. You are not deputies. You are not PPD Officers. You are lying ESO management deceiving and masquerading as public servants while you possess the souls of demons. I'd suggest you go live with your master's master Satan, but of course we all know that is where you permanently reside. Your chief thug has surrounded himself with losers and you are nearing the end of your reign. Every time I call David Morgan he calls me back. He would have called you, if you weren't lying about contacting him.

MOD 353
04-13-2007, 03:46 AM
I have just sent Mr. Morgan an email asking a few questions that no one here seems to be able to get an answer for (or maybe really never asked). I will post a response or maybe Mr. Morgan will accept the invite to come here personally. We as a whole need to get to the bottom of all this nonsense so we can move on. Either he will answer me or he won't. Either way we should all know soon enough.

04-13-2007, 03:51 AM
Mr Craig, why don't you ask Mr. Morgan to just come here and post a thread answering some of the concerns of deputies or you can talk with him and post the results. This is the Escambia County Sheriff's Office site here and he is running for its sheriff. We just want to know why everything is so secretive with his educational experience and some of his other intentions. If he doesn't have any civilian LEO experience that is fine, we just don't want to be lied to by anyone anymore. We have been bitten too many times already and have seen many empty promises left unfulfilled. If he wants to have any chance of getting a large number of deputies to support his campaign then he needs to start answering questions instead of dodging them.

Thank you for the idea but David Morgan is not likely to post here. He thinks there may be some technical legal conflicts related to candidate advertising. As you mention this is the ECSO site but I don't see the sheriff posting here either. There is nothing "secretive" about a Masters Degree in Business Administration. Many people posting here are obviously not interested in truthful answers anyway. The anger expressed by ECSO management on this blog seems to know no bounds. There has been no censoring on his suggestion box. Any reasonable question will be answered. Any (non vulgar) and positive suggestion will be published. That is what suggestion boxes are for. Publishing his home phone number & email address is not hiding from questions. I notice the likely ECSO management posters here haven't jumped to your reasonable suggestion of emailing questions to David Morgan. Almost all of the real police are concerned about the IP address trap that potentially exists here. Remember we are dealing with an agency whose management used invisible ink to mark supposedly anonymous deputy surveys. He will personally answer any question he is asked. If you want to email him, go ahead at morganpi@bellsouth.net. OR call him anytime at 969-0681. Or submit a question on the suggestion box and he will reply in that open forum. He has several hours of published video in which can be found a wealth of information about the candidate. If you want to know something just ask him. That is in no way "dodging" anything.

MOD 353
04-13-2007, 04:28 AM
Mr. Craig, I assure you, for whatever that may mean to you,that I have absolutely no access to IP address etc. The only people that do are the forum owners (from my understanding) and they will only use an IP address to lock an account or keep someone from posting that has seriously violated the terms of use for this site (you are more than welcomed to contact one of them to verify). I did send Mr. Morgan a few questions that I thought merited a response so we will see how that goes.

04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
NOt Larry Scapecci!
Not a good ole boy for Sheriff!
That is the problem now!
This is why the S.O. cannot be the department that we as tax payers expect!
This is why the corruption continues!
ONe knows this and one knows that, so how could things get better?
Keeping status quo is not the answer!
Make sure that Scapecci does not have any skeletons jumping out on him!
Dont think he will run as a Republican even though he is retired, because that may make for some very bad feelings with the Sheriff.
Do not bank on McNesby not coming after you with a vengence Larry if you run!
It will be interesting to see who gets the most mud on them!

04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
What an idiotic statement, just like Morgan referring to the inmate deaths as murders. You call one officer/deputy a murderer you are calling us all murderers. What an idiot. If you talk to a member of PPD, they all have the same questions. Morgan doesn't need support for Sheriff, he has shown his lack of knowledge of a street cop, but bragged on his experiences as a military cop. I was military, the bar fights were few and far between, and we just beat everybody with a little wooden stick they gave us. That was the military way. How does that make Morgan better than the rest of us, which is the platform he has taken? I never saw Morgan at PPD once his last campaign. Maybe the hours weren't condusive enough for him. As far as Mr. Craig, your position on CLEO was seen as anti LEO. You ran to the media with the Dufour case without having any information other than what she told you. You then edited the video to show just the parts in her favor. I was there, was told by Ms. Cashwell this is why you were let go by her group before a deposition. Is that anti LEO or what? Your CLEO group didn't even do a press release when Dufours's claim were unfounded by your own investigation. Shows a lot of support for law enforcement, sounds like I need to see a lawyer and pursue civil action against you and your organization.

04-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Mr. Morgan also needs to do a public records request to find out how much it actually costs to run the aviation unit. His numbers are way off and he sounds like an idiot on TV spouting off all these high figures to people that do not know any better. Of course this isn't the first time Mr. Morgan has spewed forth crap from his pie hole and sounded like a fool.

Get the facts straight or shut up Mr. Morgan!!!!

04-17-2007, 12:44 AM
What numbers did he use?

04-17-2007, 03:57 AM
What an idiotic statement, just like Morgan referring to the inmate deaths as murders. You call one officer/deputy a murderer you are calling us all murderers. What an idiot. If you talk to a member of PPD, they all have the same questions. Morgan doesn't need support for Sheriff, he has shown his lack of knowledge of a street cop, but bragged on his experiences as a military cop. I was military, the bar fights were few and far between, and we just beat everybody with a little wooden stick they gave us. That was the military way. How does that make Morgan better than the rest of us, which is the platform he has taken? I never saw Morgan at PPD once his last campaign. Maybe the hours weren't condusive enough for him. As far as Mr. Craig, your position on CLEO was seen as anti LEO. You ran to the media with the Dufour case without having any information other than what she told you. You then edited the video to show just the parts in her favor. I was there, was told by Ms. Cashwell this is why you were let go by her group before a deposition. Is that anti LEO or what? Your CLEO group didn't even do a press release when Dufours's claim were unfounded by your own investigation. Shows a lot of support for law enforcement, sounds like I need to see a lawyer and pursue civil action against you and your organization. Your post is so full of confusion I don't know where to start. The only person who has referred to the inmate deaths as murders is you. David Morgan said the 15 deaths need to be investigated. The Coroner ruled 3 of them homicide. Nobody has called them murders other than you. Do you know something you are not telling? And if he had, how would that be calling all of you murderers? Help me understand that leap of logic please? Though I'm interested to hear about how you beat people with little wooden sticks in the military, how does that relate to Morgan's experience? Where do you get the idea that he sees himself as superior to anyone? Certainly not in his public statements or campaign videos. He wants to serve the public. Not rule them. David Morgan spoke to every shift at the PPD during the last campaign so where were you? Day off perhaps? As far as the CLEO complaint: The person you named, came to CLEO with a written request for help, bruises on her body and a security tape that showed her being arrested in what she had claimed was a rough fashion. The PPD was given a copy of the tape and asked for a comment at the time. They understandably declined comment as they were looking into the matter. So was CLEO. So did channel 3. Nobody forced WEAR to run the story and show the video. Nothing was edited other than to show the portion of the video in which the arrest occurred. I find it difficult to believe your statement that would have an attorney making a comment to you, that could negatively effect her client, about what at the time was an ongoing criminal case. Personally I would have preferred that after an investigation was performed that CLEO had released a public conclusion. The same board that you mention, who choose to remove me as President of CLEO, declined to take that step. Without commenting on the merits of the complaint, I was definitely not happy with the way that matter was handled. Since that time I have apologized in person to the officer involved. I've also expressed my opinion on how CLEO handled that incident to Chip Simmons. Keep in mind that the only thing we were saying at the time was that we got a complaint and we were going to look into it. I don't see that as anti LEO. Truth seeking "positions" are like guns. They are not good or bad. Pro LEO or anti LEO. You have a right to your opinion.

04-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Mr. Morgan also needs to do a public records request to find out how much it actually costs to run the aviation unit. His numbers are way off and he sounds like an idiot on TV spouting off all these high figures to people that do not know any better. Of course this isn't the first time Mr. Morgan has spewed forth crap from his pie hole and sounded like a fool.

Get the facts straight or shut up Mr. Morgan!!!!

What is stopping your master RonnieMac, Sheriff For Life, from refuting the facts? The truth perhaps? Why must the so few remaining supporters of the incumbent be so devoid of the ability to discuss issues in a civil manner? And while he's supplying those number, how about an audit of the agency finances for the past 6 years? Where has all that money been spent sheriff? Where is the 2.2 million that is not included in the 5.5 million for salaries since only 3.3 was allocated? Is it really in an "account" like George Touart says? What account might that be? With all the lies and broken promises to the deputies how will anyone ever trust the sheriff about anything at anytime? I surely don't. What worries you is that when David Morgan becomes your sheriff in 2008, you will lose your inner circle management position. Looking forward to your foul mouthed retort.

04-17-2007, 06:26 AM
I hope that the public records request completed by the PBA can shed some light into what the sheriff is doing with the county's money. I hear he is very upset over this request probably becuase he is hiding money and he doesn't want us to know that the reason he couldn't afford to give us more than a 5% raise was because it is all going to his loser friends that are taking up space at the S.O.

04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
I was told that he recently hired ex school superintendant Mike Holoway with a very high salary to a cushy position where he does nothing but go to lunch witht McNesby . Is that true?

04-17-2007, 04:02 PM
He was hired in as a risk managment supervisor. How long have we operated without the need for one of those and all of the sudden more money is wasted.

04-17-2007, 05:02 PM
You know, I am not sure Morgan is the man to run the S.O. but I think a chimpanzee could do just as good a job as McNesby has. He has squandered budget money for raises for his deputies all the while acting as if the Sheriff's Office is his personal playground. He acts as if anything he does is beyond reproach but I feel a change in the air.

04-18-2007, 12:43 AM
Morgan is giving campaign speeches around town saying that McNesby has hired 17 people ( not deputies) that he is paying a higher salary than the Governor of Florida is paid. Doesn’t the Governor make more than $100,000 a year and if so, who in the world is needed at the Sheriffs’ Department at a cost of over $100,000 a year? Who are those 17 and what kinds of jobs do they do that helps in fighting crime? If Morgan is making these claims he needs to name names to have any creditability.

04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
Governor Crist’s salary is set by law and is $129,060. In order to pay a public employee a salary you have to add anywhere from 25% to 30% to the base salary for benefits, retirement, social security match, health insurance , etc. which brings a $129,060 salaried employee to cost $162,075 for the taxpayers. If McNesby has 17 such creatures, they are costing Escambia County Taxpayers a total of $2,755,275. No wonder his budget has skyrocketed three fold since he took office.

04-18-2007, 02:07 PM
If that same $2,755,275 was used to pay the real employees, each one of the present 1,300 could be granted an immediate raise of $2,000 a year.

04-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Governor Crist’s salary is set by law and is $129,060. In order to pay a public employee a salary you have to add anywhere from 25% to 30% to the base salary for benefits, retirement, social security match, health insurance , etc. which brings a $129,060 salaried employee to cost $162,075 for the taxpayers. If McNesby has 17 such creatures, they are costing Escambia County Taxpayers a total of $2,755,275. No wonder his budget has skyrocketed three fold since he took office.

Morgan is being less than honest if that is the governors salary. There aren't 17 people that even make over 90,000. Again, when he is asked for proof, he will not provide it and move on to another topic.

07-08-2007, 08:44 PM
I HAVE LISTENED TO DAVID MORGAN AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW HE CAN CONTROL TAXES. HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT IF HE MAKES SHERIFF. ALSO HE TALKS ABOUT MORE MONEY NO MATTER WHAT THAT STILL COMES FROM THE COUNTY COMMISIONERS. ALL MORGAN IS RUNNING IS A SMEAR CAMPAIGN WITH NO PROVEN FACTS AND YOU CAN BET THAT IF HE GETS ELECTED HE WILL BRING HIS OWN PEOPLE IN AND PAY THEM JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER SHERIFFS IN THE PAST HAS. I CANNOT EVEN LISTEN TO MORGAN BECAUSE OF THE TRASH AND THE CONSTANT SMEARING, I HATE THAT AND ITS TURNED ME OFF.

07-10-2007, 07:54 AM
All Morgan is doing is pointing out McNesby's dismal record. That does not equal a smear campaign. All Morgan's fact's are documented. Morgan will control taxes by asking for less money. It's that simple. For you to presume that he is just as crooked as the current and some previous sheriff's is cynical and not supported by the facts or Morgan's record of accomplishments and honesty. Daisy, just because all you have ever been treated to is corruption doesn't mean there are not better candidates available.

07-10-2007, 09:06 PM
All Morgan is doing is pointing out McNesby's dismal record. That does not equal a smear campaign. All Morgan's fact's are documented. Morgan will control taxes by asking for less money. It's that simple. For you to presume that he is just as crooked as the current and some previous sheriff's is cynical and not supported by the facts or Morgan's record of accomplishments and honesty. Daisy, just because all you have ever been treated to is corruption doesn't mean there are not better candidates available.

Like the fact all employees got a 2.3% raise? Oh wait David Craig said it was 3%. Oh wait it was actually 5%.

07-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Or that 14.7 million dollar garage fact :roll:

07-11-2007, 01:07 AM
What I think is funny is how Morgan err Craig threw in some bashes on the PBA and now his campaign is going to be on the agenda during the next PBA meeting. Seems that Morgan can't catch a break with Craig running is pie hole the way he does.

You can also spew the "Morgan is telling the truth" crap all you want to but we aren't buying it. We, the employees know Morgan and his campaign are full of crap and right now he is having his little bit of time in the sun. The campaign hasn't even started yet so why would any other candidate try to get into it with him. Do I like McNesby, heck no. Do i like Morgan? I think he is a bigger idiot that mcjerk. I can't wait to see how Scapecchi does in this election.

07-11-2007, 10:24 AM
Just a few thoughts:

Who is "Guest" and why does he refer to himself as "We" all the time.

As an retired Air Force Security Policeman, I agree that Military and Civilian Police work differ. I served in a "controlled environment." By this I mean that one call on the radio could seal off the installation and perpetrators would be limited as to escape possibilities. This aspect serves a powerful deterrent to criminal elements. Civilian Law Enforcement agencies don't enjoy this. Consequently, this leads to an increased need for force to secure a suspect that perceives greater opportunity for escape. I don't believe that anyone with Law Enforcement experience wouldn't recognize and be able to compensate for this difference, Mr. Morgan included.

Craig, I don't know anything about you, but you are coming off like a politician yourself - attaching yourself to a coat tail and posturing yourself for a position in a new regime. This hurts you credibility.

Suggestion: Lets all wait and hear from ALL the candidates in a debate later next year. This is a good forum, but to much bickering from just two people degrades its purpose. Agree to disagree and I hope to see more constructive items being posted for all candidates to look at.

How's this one:

Quit arresting so many people. The jail is over-crowded, under-manned and becoming more hazardous each day. Start issuing some courtesy summons for some of the misdemeanor crap and maybe I can get a day of leave when we can close down a floor of two. Wow, maybe we'll save some money in the process.

Signed: A Tired Detention Deputy

07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
Dear Tired Detention Deputy,

Are you a really detention deputy with ECSO? If you were you would know there is no such thing as a "courtesy summons". If you mean let misdemeanor suspects walk, it happens often, every day. Also look in the policy to see what is required to write an actual summons and you'll see not too many suspects fit the bill.

07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
'look in the policy'... yep, if you look at McNESBY's POLICY, then it may be hard to write a summons that conforms to his POLICY, but if you look at the actual law, then it's easy to write summons for most misdemeanor violations. This frees up a deputy from transport and booking to return to servicing calls.

Of course, when your POLICY is aimed at keeping your supporters, uh, I meant donors, uh, I meant bail bondsmen, happy and rolling in cash, then you keep that POLICY in place no matter how much of the taxpayer dollar is wasted.

Worked Other Places Before I Came Here

07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
Oh my god! A new conspiracy comes to light. They've got McNesby figured for sure now.