PDA

View Full Version : Getting re-hired

04-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Hey I once worked with FLPD but due to family problems I resigned voluntary & left in good terms. I regret the decision and I’ve been thinking of coming back. What are the chances of getting re-hired?

04-08-2007, 06:58 AM
VERY VERY HIGH!!! come back to the FLPD family, you will be welcomed with opened arms

04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
VERY VERY HIGH!!! come back to the FLPD family, you will be welcomed with opened arms

Thank you for the your encouragement and support.

04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey I once worked with FLPD but due to family problems I resigned voluntary & left in good terms. I regret the decision and I’ve been thinking of coming back. What are the chances of getting re-hired?
Have you been gone over a year? If so you need to re-apply. If not just send a letter.

04-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Have you been gone over a year? If so you need to re-apply. If not just send a letter.

Thanks for your reply, so I guess you mean since they still have all my records it would be a matter of a review of my folder?? Can you elaborate on the details?

04-12-2007, 04:42 AM
If you have been gone less than one year call background and tell them you want to come back. If you have been gone over one year re-apply as a certified officer.

05-28-2007, 03:26 PM
SAVE YOURSELF !! You are one of the few who are lucky to be out. There are so many agencies that are WAY better than FLPD is right now. Back in the days it was the place to work, but they are having sooooo many problems right now. If you are still certified, then check out your options before you go back.
I hear BOCA is the place to work now. They purchase all your gear, even your AR's. They have computers that work and allow you to log onto the CAD anywhere and not just in your police car. They give you supplies and they never fail to recognize the good things that you do. It's a great city. You just have to get use to the snooty people, but the department is FANTASTIC.

05-29-2007, 12:28 AM
SAVE YOURSELF !! You are one of the few who are lucky to be out. There are so many agencies that are WAY better than FLPD is right now. Back in the days it was the place to work, but they are having sooooo many problems right now. If you are still certified, then check out your options before you go back.
I hear BOCA is the place to work now. They purchase all your gear, even your AR's. They have computers that work and allow you to log onto the CAD anywhere and not just in your police car. They give you supplies and they never fail to recognize the good things that you do. It's a great city. You just have to get use to the snooty people, but the department is FANTASTIC.

I appreciate your advice & yes I have considered Boca but FLPD is always in back of my head and since I left in good terms; I may want to come back in service again.

05-29-2007, 02:24 AM
I see that the grass isn't always greener. If you have been gone more than a year you have to re-apply, if less than a year just send a letter. They will give you an abbreviated polygraph to cover the time you were gone.

05-29-2007, 05:48 AM
How long do you generally have to wait after you send a letter, I've sent a letter almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

05-29-2007, 01:47 PM
How long do you generally have to wait after you send a letter, I've sent a letter almost 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Call Sam @5448