PDA

View Full Version : time for change

04-07-2007, 04:31 AM
it is time for the sheriff to go. he has done good, a lot of it, but has become narrow minded, stagnant, and has fallen into a modern version of the good old boy management system. he has had a good run, but it is time for change, time for hunter and his administration to go. time for new blood, new ideas, new perspectives, new command, new new new.

04-07-2007, 04:47 AM
If you want NEW, NEW, NEW then there is nothing keeping you from going to Lee County and working for them!

It can not be all that bad here. Have you seen how many people have left only to return to CCSO. That says a lot about the Sheriff, his administration and the people who work here.

Sheriff Hunter will not be going anywhere until he decides it is time to go. But do not worry, if you decide to move on to greener pastures and decide to come back, we will still welcome you back with open arms. That is just the way we southern folk do it around here. Even if you are from the colder states.

Funny how all the people who have no history with this area or agency always think they know how to do it better. It is amazing we have even survived this long without all the new people who move here and have all the answers.

I guess it couldn't have been that bad or you never would have wanted to move here in the first place. If it was that bad then shame on you for making a poor decision.

Best of luck to ya. We can talk again after the elections.

04-07-2007, 04:51 AM
I know about southern folk, being about as southern as you can get. CCSO is good -- very good, but can be BETTER with a NEW Sheriff. Hunter is tired and worn out, and has surrounded himself with imcompetent lacky's. It is time for him to go. I have been with CCSO a long time. I have seen the good and the bad. It is time for the new. The way you cheer for hunter you must either be new, or from a much, much worse agency, or a yankee, or... a captain or chief in the ccso?

04-07-2007, 05:04 AM
Nope. Just a 16 year vetran who still drives a green and white with no complaints. The Sheriff is fair and I get out of the agency what I put into it.

This is a great agency and has been a great place to raise my family. If the time ever comes that anything changes for the worst, then that will be the time I pack my bags and say thanks for the memories. Until then I will savor every minute of it.

Life is good and so is our Sheriff and what he stands for!

Good luck. I hope you find what you are looking for.

04-07-2007, 05:08 AM
George, we have more in common than you might think -- but I have been here a few years longer than you have. as I said, the ccso is a fine agency. you vote for Hunter. I will examine any and all candidates, and vote where my heart tells me to. No need for us to be angry or upset --- we are just exchanging thoughts and ideas. I have found what I am looking for -- and hope to make it better yet. Good luck to you as well.

04-07-2007, 05:09 AM
If it ain't broke....Look at the crime rate in Collier vs the surrounding counties over the last few years. These counties, the state and many cities across the US have seen a drastic increase in violent crimes over the last two years....not Collier; there has actually been a decrease.

What "new ideas" do you think need to be incorporated? By "new ideas" do you mean "your ideas"? What is it that the Sheriff has refused to do or impliment that convinces you that we need to toss the administration for a new one?

04-07-2007, 05:20 AM
retnuh (Hunter backwards),

I am not upset at all and appreciate the mature discussion. Beats reading all the crap about being a Rat.

Stay safe and I will see you at the polls 8)

04-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Sheriff Hunter is not going anywhere, and if he does, he will pass the torch to the UnderSheriff. If that did happen, things will still be the same...same ideas. He is being molded as we speak. Sheriff hunter has my vote unless the Private Investigator with no law enforcement or large business experience runs. That is who I want as our leader. Someone that has no idea what police work is about. Someone that is not connected with people in the community.

04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
I believe the P.I. has more experience than Hunter did - or does - as a cop. Hunter is a college boy, playing cop. He had no experience at all- none - when he was first elected as sheriff. the P.I. is more a cop for sure. Hunter is a good manager, and a successful politician, but certainly not a cop. Most of his command fits the same description. At best, Hunter is an average leader. He plays the part well, and says to us all what he has read from books and seen on t.v.... I believe Hunter to be a good man, with a good heart, for the most part, but he is not a cop, and he has had his run as sheriff. It is time for change for the better with a new sheriff. Don't be so afraid of it. Maybe this P.I. guy is the right choice, maybe not. We will all have to wait and see. not trying to get anyone angry... (<-- Hunter uses the three periods, too elipses)... just trying to chat and exchange ideas. don't get so excited

04-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Whoa !! I have been here a long .....long time also. MORE than Ten years and still on patrol... by choice. New email from the sheriff indicates he will stand before issues such as pain control medicine and meeting with the medical "society" about "his employees" reverting to self medication because of the stress associated with the job...!!???!!! Please SHERIFF stop interjecting yourself with medical issues relating to your appointees. This is HIPPA related and not your business unless it is directly affecting job related performance. You are not only on dangerous ground here but also closely following the path of Sheriff John McDougal dictating a moral and religeous path of dictatorship. My religeous or medical information is none of your responsibilty or interest. Should it contradict or negitively effect Florida statutue then send it to the SAO or revoke my appointment but unless this has occurred on an idividual basis , you have NO business meeting with the medical society about CITIZENS personal medical situations. You can not dictate what medicine or treatment an employee / appointee recieves as long as it is not detrimental to that persons JOB related performance. You have enough responsibilty and power already to interject youself into MY personal medical issues. ANYONE else read that email and realize that NOW the sheriff has gone too far? Hunter has been a great Sheriff but........... WHAT is going on NOW!??? Is this a job or a Jim Jones Cult.?

04-08-2007, 04:52 AM
to much power, too much complacency. too little understanding of what is really going on here and what needs to be done. Hunter and his administration need to go. Yes, Hunter has done much good. And, as Hunter has said many times in the past when implenting this or that change... it is time for a change... change is good... It is time to change sheriff's and administrations in this county. Hopefully it will happen in 2008.

04-08-2007, 05:05 AM
i think so to hunter has seen better days. i think a new sheriff would do the whole department good.

04-08-2007, 05:31 AM
Whoa !! I have been here a long .....long time also. MORE than Ten years and still on patrol... by choice. New email from the sheriff indicates he will stand before issues such as pain control medicine and meeting with the medical "society" about "his employees" reverting to self medication because of the stress associated with the job...!!???!!! Please SHERIFF stop interjecting yourself with medical issues relating to your appointees. This is HIPPA related and not your business unless it is directly affecting job related performance. You are not only on dangerous ground here but also closely following the path of Sheriff John McDougal dictating a moral and religeous path of dictatorship. My religeous or medical information is none of your responsibilty or interest. Should it contradict or negitively effect Florida statutue then send it to the SAO or revoke my appointment but unless this has occurred on an idividual basis , you have NO business meeting with the medical society about CITIZENS personal medical situations. You can not dictate what medicine or treatment an employee / appointee recieves as long as it is not detrimental to that persons JOB related performance. You have enough responsibilty and power already to interject youself into MY personal medical issues. ANYONE else read that email and realize that NOW the sheriff has gone too far? Hunter has been a great Sheriff but........... WHAT is going on NOW!??? Is this a job or a Jim Jones Cult.?

Scope of Responsibility,

You are so far off base with this post that it is beyond any comprehension of reality!

The Sheriff did not say in his email that he was going to pry into your medical issues. He only stated that he is ensuring that the medical community is aware that our jobs are more susceptible to stress factors. By him stating this, he is telling the medical community to not let us fall through the cracks or underestimate our situation should we need to see someone for help. Furthermore, he has scheduled a guest speaker who is an authority on the subject to speak to all supervisors and to our spouses if they so desire. How can you even compare this to a cult?

You may think this is overstepping his boundaries but I see it as the Sheriff trying to ensure that the past does not repeat itself! That is not only trying to correct a problem that few were aware existed or were afraid to talk about but also demonstrates a leadership role in the well being of his employees.

I suggest you re-read his email and find some other issue to draw attention to because you have clearly misunderstood the context of his email and his concern for all of us.

What you said about HIPPA only covers a diagnosis or medication. It DOES not prevent a medical opinion as to the state of your well being or mental state of mind in reference to your ability to carry out your responsibilities as a Deputy Sheriff. (Fitness for Duty)

It does not matter why you may find yourself in need of some help; pick any of the aspects of this job for an answer. All anyone cares about is that if we say we need help that we get quality help. It is all about taking care of each other and not taking it personally when offered a solution to a problem.

P.S.
Because I have chosen to respond on a public forum without hiding behind anonymity, I am sure you or others may say that it is because I am “Brown Nosing” or trying to gain some favoritism in some way but let me state this loud and clear; I am saying what I am saying because I feel that it is the truth. Anyone who knows me will know that this is part of my personality and not a show for others.

04-08-2007, 07:23 AM
Must be time for promotions.

04-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Promoted to what? You are either a pilot or not so how do promotions apply to him?

In the world of math you are what we refer to as a “0”. (Zero)

A component of the numbering system but you have no value.

04-08-2007, 11:16 PM
... and here George was preaching about and quoting the terms of agreement... this is not a site to bash others... hmmmmmmmm... Hunter and his administration has done this before as well... follow the rules until the rules are annoying or inconvenient, and then make up new rules to fit the need or their desires... no consistency, and incredible hypocrisy... Time for a New sheriff.

04-09-2007, 02:55 AM
i have had the admin get into my medical business in the past. they had no right. I think maybe i agree that a new sheriff and a whole new upper staff is maybe the best thing, including the upper civilian stafff

04-09-2007, 03:01 AM
I think you are right RETNUH (hunter backwards). George W? needs to stop being a hipocrit and start seeing what is right in front of him......people that are not happy, or people that need to vent. George...Go to the agency email site if you want everything politically correct.

04-09-2007, 10:25 AM
I got to get back to work but i will say it again it is time for a new sheriff

04-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Retnuh is right. The former guest was right. Hunter has no experience as a cop, never did. True he was able to swing his way into the agency and BS some folks into believing his lines, but he was NEVER a cop. Someone needs to check their facts before spouting his accolades. Ask someone in crime scene about when the only prints found in a homicide scene were his. He walked through and left them there, because he didnt know enough NOT to touch anything. Simple. Nuff said.

04-10-2007, 07:14 AM
I would be interested to see how many of you guys have 1/2 the time on that Sheriff Hunter does. He has not been our elected official for this long by chance. At this point, who cares how much time on hte road he had back in the 80's.

04-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Half the time doing what?

04-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Hey retnuh, if you think we need a new sheriff so badly why don't you run, win the election and then the CCSO would be perfect.

04-10-2007, 11:22 PM
for the same reasons i dont run for president of the united states or mayor or county commissioner or any other office. i do not have the stomach for politics. Hunter has done a fine job in many ways over the years. i have said this before. I have no dislike of him or of many of his decisions. i simply belive it is time for a new sheriff for the reasons I have stated Hunter has had a good run and done much good but, its time for him and his admin to go they are no longer effective and have lost perspective we have a good old boy system in place not the professional one we need for our times Maybe someone will run this time up and offer what we need. maybe it will be hunter, maybe it will be someone else I will vote for the best person. its time for change for the better geez, lighten up some of you people seem to think i have committed some great felony for speaking here