PDA

View Full Version : PBA Supporting Restoring Rights of Felons

04-07-2007, 01:38 AM
I can not beleive that the PBA chose to side with Crist in the plan to restore most felons rights automatically. I am sure that the prosecution will love getting these "non violent" citizens on their juries (the ones that actually show up). They can only strike so many and do you think they will find anyone guilty?

04-07-2007, 08:00 AM
They already dont find anyone guilty...whats the point anymore.

You have to realize that since we cannot catch every violator, we are here to generate VOLUNTARY compliance...as in, the mere chance of being caught is suppose to be enough to deter people.

But when there aren't enough of us to catch but a small percentage, and then those that do get caught are given probation for guilty pleas and acquitalls for those who go to trial, why in the world would any citizen voluntarily comply?

It is almost to the point of being hopeless. I really am losing my resolve in this profession, but I am holding out hope that something will come along and make things better.

04-07-2007, 11:51 AM
To the OP:

What percentage of people on the juries do you think have committed felonies but haven't been caught. I'd rather have someone on a jury who sold drugs, got caught, and did his time than some "nice" mother who knows her own child sells drugs and she recieves some of the proceeds. The Jury system is broke and was made a million times worse by the motor voter bill. Most people we would want on a jury try to get out of it. I support the professional jury idea.