PDA

View Full Version : employment

applicant
04-07-2007, 12:50 AM
hi all i am looking to join this department.anyone have info on how it is working at pbso

04-07-2007, 02:01 AM
Great, but we have enough New Yorkers. Pleaseeeeee.!

04-07-2007, 03:55 AM
hi all i am looking to join this department.anyone have info on how it is working at pbso

What do you want to know? Trust me we welcome New Yorkers especially with experience.

04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
First, not all ex-New York (and surrounding northern states) police officers are "bad". I work with several who are knowledgeable and professional. Unfortunately, this is not the majority that I have encountered. They escape NYPD with a disability pension and take L.E. jobs here. If they are that disabled how can they perform the L.E. function. They seem to take pride in being able to do as little work as possible and then brag about it as if it were some sort of badge of honor. They tend to use a lot of sick time, when not sick, thus having other members of their shift pull their weight for them.

Again, this does not apply to all, but it does seem to describe a large percentage.

applicant
04-07-2007, 10:10 PM
well i feel bad that some feel the way they do about ny.how ever i am not a police officer in ny i am a paramedic..and we are all not bad !!! lol

04-08-2007, 03:57 PM

go to www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org) and you will find the application dowload. Good luck.

04-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Run as far away from PBSO as you can get!!!

04-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Get off our website. You obviously aren't a Deputy here. PBSO is the greatest place to work. Not one person has had anything bad to say about this place. Get your facts straight before posting here. I came from the city of Delray Beach and I have family working in various other cities in PBC county. Trust me when I tell you PBSO is the best place to work bar none especially in Palm Beach County.

04-09-2007, 11:07 PM

Get off our website. You obviously aren't a Deputy here. PBSO is the greatest place to work. Not one person has had anything bad to say about this place. Get your facts straight before posting here. I came from the city of Delray Beach and I have family working in various other cities in PBC county. Trust me when I tell you PBSO is the best place to work bar none especially in Palm Beach County.

I agree with PBSO rules. You run as far away from here as you can and keep going. Don't look back because we won't be waiting for your sorry behind. I too came from a city, the city of Boca to be exact. When you're paying hundreds of dollars for health care, and contributing to your pension as well as many other things you'll see PBSO rules. My brother came from West Palm PD and after he was an LT there he would never leave. He now works here as a Road Deputy and he'll tell you PBSO is far superior to where he came from as well. So please keep running because we don't want you.

04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Hey,I am a retired officer from NYPD.Iam receiving a disability pension and applied for the position of road deputy.I completed most of my background testing and was notified I failed my polygraph.The administrator of the polygraph was a total anti new yorker,it was so obvious.I sat down to take the test and states "oh wow another new yorker".He stated I used breathing techniques to pass.I took a polygraph the very next day for another police department and passed.This administrator had 25 years experience,so I think if I was using a breathing technique he would have picked up on it.As for the NYPD ers who were do nothings applying here,I agree they shouldnt work here,but I was very active and thats how I injured myself.So because of this anti-new yorker I cannot work for the PBSO.
I lost track on this topic,I just had to vent,sorry.

04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know whether the hiring freeze was lifted for applicants applying to PBSO?

04-18-2007, 04:26 AM
i never understood how a guy could receive a disability pension from one place and get paid at another.

Are you disabled or not?

if you are, you can't be a deputy.

If you are not, return your pension.

i don't understad.

04-18-2007, 12:05 PM
i never understood how a guy could receive a disability pension from one place and get paid at another.

Are you disabled or not?

if you are, you can't be a deputy.

If you are not, return your pension.

i don't understad.

Ahhhh, my mis informed young friend, how wrong you are. You are thinking logically. Why our very own Lt. receives a check evey month from the City of NY for a "disability" he received while on the job there. Just because you're disabled at one PD doesn't mean you can't **** the system at another one.....

04-18-2007, 08:03 PM
To the applicant.....RUN

04-18-2007, 08:18 PM
To the applicant.....RUN

Again, ID yourself. PBSO is the best agency period. You saw the post from people from Delray PD and WPPD. I also came from a city, the city of Boynton. After 9 years there and now 11 years here I'm telling you to run. You are poor excuse for a cop and please don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. We don't want you because all you do is bring us down. Go pound sand.

To the applicant, apply you'll be glad you did.

04-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Okay who is the jokester? This message board is not intended for actual useful information. Instead please refrain from soliciting useful information and limit your questions . however please state with more certainty. Either way these will beleive what they want to), whom in disbatch needs to loose weight, what administrator is inept, and most of all, please pass judgment on whom is and is not a good d/s and if they should keep their employment here. All jerry springer like comments are welcome...we have no professional ethics what-so-ever...It is the PBSO way!

SOMEONE POSTED THIS ON THE DISNEY THREAD. SINCE WHEN DOES NO ONE HAVE ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT PBSO...HAVE YOU SEEN THE OTHER THREADS?

04-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Sounds just as funny here.

04-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Im a probation officer with DOC and Im thinking about applying. Do you guys look down on probation officers? Would it hurt me or help me? I heard that you guys get alloted time to work out. Is that true?

04-24-2007, 08:37 AM
I heard the hiring process for PBSO is like 9 months now. Is that true?

04-25-2007, 09:29 PM
Is PBSO going to have a class for new hirees in the month of May? Is there still a hiring freeze? I heard there is a classes set up for April 27th. Is this true?

Been There, Done That
04-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Im a probation officer with DOC and Im thinking about applying. Do you guys look down on probation officers? Would it hurt me or help me? I heard that you guys get alloted time to work out. Is that true?

Why the heck would ANYONE look down on a PO???? When i was a detective, i LOVED to get a PO involved in a serious if i could because they can search anytime they want to, and I needed a Search Warrant.
So, my opinion is NO we dont look down on you. Your experience would most certainly help you. As for workout time, the only ones i am aware of who get to work out on the clock are SWAT. Road Patrol doesnt, Boy dont i WISH ! !
So come on over BROTHER ! !

04-25-2007, 11:40 PM
I agree with been there done that>>>>>>we would welcome any and all po's. You guys have assisted me on many cases. So put in brother.

04-27-2007, 07:34 PM
I just found out there was a freeze. Supposedly it will last till Nov but keep up on it because we are going to be needing alot of deputies when the county coughs up the money to pay for them. Getting on this agency is worth the wait!

06-05-2007, 04:32 PM
To applicant & probation, Listen go to www.pbso.org (http://www.pbso.org) I worked for a smaller department here in florida, and before that for the government as a federal police officer. Let me tell you it was the BEST move ever. Apply here because as you can see about this web site there are alot people who form opinions, So don't be discouraged by imposter's see for yourself.

But that's what makes PBSO intresting listening to the real COPS and not want-a-be's post on this site. I sit here sometimes just to entertain myself. My motto is PBSO is the green giants.

So if your intrested put an application in and don't worry about the hiring freeze because the truth is, its temperary and very common with big agencies that are trying to solve budget issues. Just remember there will always be a need for deputies in PALM BEACH COUNTY BABY!!!!!!!!