PDA

View Full Version : No alert tone

04-06-2007, 11:48 PM
Did anyone notice that we had an in-progress SHOOTING and the dispatcher could not be bothered utilizing the alert tone? WTF do we have it for? Good job CW, those are some fantastic folks you keep covering up for!

:x :x :x

04-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Clyde is useless. He screwed up the comm center, the construction of the building, and the safety of officers. Get a certified PO back in the comm center

04-07-2007, 03:04 AM
Are you going to try and get an explanation from the proper channels or are you just gonna snipe on this site like a coward.

Given that you have already posted on here, I guess we know our answer.

04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
ALEART TONE GIVE US A HARD WE LOVE THAT TONE 10-51,10-18...

04-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Clyde is useless. He screwed up the comm center, the construction of the building, and the safety of officers. Get a certified PO back in the comm center

I so agree with you CW has messed up the com center from the first day he started as a dispatcher and then screwed CS out of her job and then backstabbed everyone else in the process. Mr know-it-all "we did it this way in California" Hint CW...you are not in CA anymore and haven't been for a while. Must have been nice for the then Capt. S. to hold a job for you for 6 weeks while you made the move, oh yeah friend of the family deal there...I doubt they would have held it open that long for anyone else , looks like they had it planned all along to remove CS as supervisor and put you right in because you are a "Yes" man butt kisser and that is what admin loves. Well CW comm center employees do not respect or feel confident in your lack of skills as a supervisor or a dispatcher, your attitude toward everything stinks and I hope admin looks into you and demotes you back to a regular dispatcher if not lets you go all together.

But to respond to another quote where they said to get a certified person in charge of comm center again, well look what Lt. KR did to the Comm Center when he was a Sgt in charge. He screwed it just as much if not more than CW. They screwed up by putting CW in charge and demoting CS long ago.

PPPD will never learn...they let many good dispatchers go over the years and I wish many were still here.

04-08-2007, 03:17 AM
Who is CS? Is He/She still here?

04-08-2007, 03:18 AM
whats an in progress shooting... ive never heard of that expression.... maybe you meant an active shooter ???

04-08-2007, 03:25 AM
There are times when we should have alert tones, but for open doors on sig 2's? Come on, there is not another respectable agency that limits traffic for commonly found open/unsecure doors unless there is some other special circumstances. We want to be a "big" city, but we still act like "Kenneth" city. Hell, I doubt if even KC would alert tone open doors as they are dipatched by the county.

When that tone goes off, it should mean we are getting ready to run somewhere. Armed robbery, person with a weapon or an actual POE. That's "Point of Entry" for those who have limited experience in this profession. You find a door that was unlocked ok, but you find one with pry marks or broken glass you get your alert tone.

04-08-2007, 03:35 AM
Hey, good thing the original post was only a week old. If there was such a problem with it how about bringing it up when it actually takes place?????? Better yet we will just wait until something torks you off and then bring out all the dirty laundry you can think of from ages ago.

04-08-2007, 05:31 AM
The person bringing this crap up has dated themselves.

It most likely is a former dispatcher then records clerk who comes on this site every now and then and likes to snipe.

Just can't let stay away.

04-08-2007, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the lecture on what a POE is. However, you may want to revisit the whole alert tones for S-2's.

Not so sure you meant that.

By they way, I agree with you.

04-08-2007, 10:58 PM
There are to many issues to address in the Comm Center. CW is a idiot. They need to fire a bunch of people. To busy watching TV and chatting away,,,,,, get a grip. Stop trying to sound all wispery on the radio. Come to work and due your job.

Maybe CW will realise the issues when an officer gets hurt due to his harems mistake...............................

04-09-2007, 04:57 PM
There are times when we should have alert tones, but for open doors on sig 2's? Come on, there is not another respectable agency that limits traffic for commonly found open/unsecure doors unless there is some other special circumstances. We want to be a "big" city, but we still act like "Kenneth" city. Hell, I doubt if even KC would alert tone open doors as they are dipatched by the county.

When that tone goes off, it should mean we are getting ready to run somewhere. Armed robbery, person with a weapon or an actual POE. That's "Point of Entry" for those who have limited experience in this profession. You find a door that was unlocked ok, but you find one with pry marks or broken glass you get your alert tone.

I didn't know a sig 2 (drunk person)could have an open door...LOL..don't you mean S21

04-09-2007, 04:59 PM
There are to many issues to address in the Comm Center. CW is a idiot. They need to fire a bunch of people. To busy watching TV and chatting away,,,,,, get a grip. Stop trying to sound all wispery on the radio. Come to work and due your job.

Maybe CW will realise the issues when an officer gets hurt due to his harems mistake...............................

I couldn't have said it better..kudos' to you :D

04-09-2007, 05:02 PM

It most likely is a former dispatcher then records clerk who comes on this site every now and then and likes to snipe.

What is the matter CW? All the complaints and lack of confidence in you got you running scared? I would worry about my job bro and stop worrying about who I am porsting this. You think I have dated myself...hmmm...maybe or maybe not. Rumors and stories fly in this place.

04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Who is CS? Is He/She still here?

No unfortunately..CW replaced her because they thought he could do a better job...LOL :lol:

04-09-2007, 05:07 PM

What is the matter CW? All the complaints and lack of confidence in you got you running scared? I would worry about my job bro and stop worrying about who I am posting this. You think I have dated myself...hmmm...maybe or maybe not. Rumors and stories fly in this place.

04-10-2007, 01:16 AM
Be glad you have a job and the biggest thing you can find to ***** about is whether an alert tone went off for an open door. There are some good people who are stuck on the outside because the whiners and bottom feeders take up slots. Be glad you have it as good as you do or leave so someone who will appreciate it can have it. :roll: