PDA

View Full Version : Contract time

04-06-2007, 10:51 AM
Well it's contract time and as usual the city has already let it be known that they can't pay anything because of the possible cutting of property taxes. The Chief came to a meeting with us and let that out, setting up the city crying poor later. crap!!!!!!

I am all for going to arbitration to keep the gains we made. WE FINALLY made some gains last contract and now they want to reverse it. Typical I say lets go to arbitration we know how to do it let's do it. we can't go back we can't!!!!!!!

04-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Obviously your username isn't very fitting. The Chief also said that he didn't plan on going back to any of the old ways. He said we might not be able to hire as many new officers or buy as many new vehicles as we did this year. He very firmly stated that he did not plan on having things go back to the way they were.

04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
I got news for you Einstein, he doesn't have the last word. The city manager does and he has shown time and again he does not like the police.

The old ways? they are going to do some things in the next 3 months that will make your jaw drop, come back then and say the same thing. You'll look as stupid as you do now.

04-07-2007, 02:21 AM
I Thought this place was too quiet!! Nothing like a contract to heat things up.

My own opinion is the city is going to try to screw us AGAIN after one good contract they want to return to the days of under compensated officers and not being able to attract anyone except rejects from other places.

04-07-2007, 04:34 AM
The Chief is a good Chief but the City manager is the king, he has plans for putting forth NOTHING and trying to take some things we have already.

This is fair warning to the city reps, We are not going to let it happen we'll go before council and then go to arbritration before we let them go. The fire dept. didnt have these problems wonder why?

04-07-2007, 09:34 PM
uhhhh one thing guys, we haven't even started negotiations. How can they screw us when we have not even seen them at the table?

A little premature on your part. I do believe this is going to be a tough year, just be prepared if it is so. arbitration, impasse, picketing etc whatever just be prepared.